every single page, read it in around 10 hours total

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

prototype99
Master

every single page, read it in around 10 hours total

#1 Post by prototype99 »

Anyone able to beat that? Keep in mind about 80% of the time was at night when the claws of sleep were digging in
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

Re: every single page, read it in around 10 hours total

#2 Post by justanUltramarine »

6hour train journey

prototype99
Master

#3 Post by prototype99 »

Dangit! XD did you do it on 3ds where you have to restart about every 15 pages though?
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#4 Post by justanUltramarine »

nope , a lumia 520 where i had to zoom manually and that kept getting pup ups making me swear every 5/6 pages XD

prototype99
Master

#5 Post by prototype99 »

okay! you win! XD still weren't easy for me either though!

asphere8
Master

#6 Post by asphere8 »

First time I read the comic I power-read the entire thing in something ~6 hours. I lost track because I read it through the night and into the early morning. Then I immediately began to read it again from the beginning, taking it a bit slower and looking at the more minute details.
I've now read it four times in half as many months. Am I insane?
justanUltramarine wrote:kept getting pup ups making me swear every 5/6 pages XD
Those popups are a pain on mobile. I tried reading on an Android tablet once and it kept shooting me to the store page for some random app that's probably a virus.

101st post. Send help.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#7 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I read the whole thing in one night on an observing run at Kitt Peak. I'm not sure exactly what fraction of the night I spent reading, as I was alternating between managing the telescope between exposures and sitting around doing nothing (aka reading) during exposures, but it was probably about 6 hours (not counting things like looking around Tom's DA page/the comic's tvtropes page/etc). When I get engrossed in something, I really get into it, and I read fast.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#8 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I read the whole thing in two days, can't remember how long it took me though. Anywhere from 5 to 10 hours, I'd guess; I read for a few hours each night.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

asphere8 wrote:I've now read it four times in half as many months. Am I insane?
Well, there is a webcomic I found a bit over a year ago that in the first week after I found it I did two archive crawls forward and one in reverse.

But its archive is NOW about 3/4 the size of TwoKinds'... it was roughly 100 pages smaller then.

And I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've done two complete archive crawls of a comic in one month.

As to your question: probably; most of the best people are.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#10 Post by Bellhead »

I found it through a... non-reliable source, where I had to manually input a new URL to find the next page. There's a thread about it somewhere, but I don't know how far back.

Anyway, with all the trouble I went through to read it the first time, I had a natural pacer so I wasn't able to read it any faster than four or five days. Then I found the actual comic's site, and that decreased to three days. Then I found it in PDF format, as seen in the top of this thread, and it lessened to about a day, as I could put it on a mobile device that didn't need a slow network connection.

One day is still way too fast IMO, though. Pacing is much required.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

midnightblink
Council Member

#11 Post by midnightblink »

I found it on ifunny and when I looked it up, I couldn't stop reading and read the whole thing in about 6 hours
Primum Non Nocere

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#12 Post by Neutral Smith »

I took my time to really appreciate the artwork and story. Often going back because I thought I missed a detail.

Why are people so proud they can read a whole comic fast? If you read it too fast you'll miss a lot of details.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

midnightblink
Council Member

#13 Post by midnightblink »

that's why you reread, read it once cause you can't stop yourself, then repeat however many times you like to truly savor every detail
Primum Non Nocere

prototype99
Master

#14 Post by prototype99 »

Neutral Smith wrote:I took my time to really appreciate the artwork and story. Often going back because I thought I missed a detail.

Why are people so proud they can read a whole comic fast? If you read it too fast you'll miss a lot of details.
i read it fast BECAUSE i enjoyed it :) every page i looked at i looked for any interesting details. it's not that i was trying to read fast, it's just that it kinda naturally happened

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15 Post by Bellhead »

Wait a minute here... Six hours?

Okay, let's do some math. If we're conservative with time, and say that a given person read 720 pages in 6 hours, that's 120 per hour, which is 2 per minute, average, including loading time. Accounting for that...

If you read this comic, as it is, in 6 hours, you spent less than 27 seconds on each page on agerage. Possible, but that doesn't account for food, bathroom, or anything.

Even if you COULD read it that fast, you should definately take the time to appreciate it. Actually slow down and read the lines as the characters would. It takes me close to a week to read the whole thing as it is today, and I consider that only slightly slower than what it should be.

*shakes head*
Nobody slows down anymore..
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.