every single page, read it in around 10 hours total

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

Re: every single page, read it in around 10 hours total

#16 Post by justanUltramarine »

Bellhead wrote:Wait a minute here... Six hours?

Okay, let's do some math. If we're conservative with time, and say that a given person read 720 pages in 6 hours, that's 120 per hour, which is 2 per minute, average, including loading time. Accounting for that...

If you read this comic, as it is, in 6 hours, you spent less than 27 seconds on each page on agerage. Possible, but that doesn't account for food, bathroom, or anything.

Even if you COULD read it that fast, you should definately take the time to appreciate it. Actually slow down and read the lines as the characters would. It takes me close to a week to read the whole thing as it is today, and I consider that only slightly slower than what it should be.

*shakes head*
Nobody slows down anymore..
well , as it wasn't the first time i red it , i kinda knew part of it , so yeah it was more to waste time than to actually observe the art and stuff. The first time i found twokinds it took me 48 H to read it as i was meticulously going through every page AND it wasn't at this level (yeah , forgot to mention that) , if i recall it was about after Flora nosebleeds after hearing what's happening in Keiths and Nats room or so. now i'd probably take more than 6 hours

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#17 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Well, there were only about 650 pages at the time that I read it, and 6 hours was a guess as I was also busy with the telescope so it may well have been longer, but I definitely did read it quickly.

I wouldn't say that I read it fast because I wasn't appreciating the art or anything, though. When I get engrossed in something, I read it quickly because I simply can't wait to find out what happens. Me getting through it that fast is honestly a compliment to the comic, because it means that it grabbed me and didn't let me go. For me anyway, on a first read-through of anything, if I'm reading it slowly it's either because I don't actually like it and am forcing myself to continue (like some of the utter dreck 'classics' I had to slog through in my high school lit class...), or because it's difficult to understand/highly technical/etc and I have to go slow (like a research paper). Neither of those apply to Twokinds.

And of course I *have* re-read it more slowly since then. I would guess that I've probably re-read the comic at least a dozen times between full re-reads and all of the times I've randomly gone back to read various bits and pieces, and I've certainly taken the time to savor the artwork along the way. It's just that on the first reading of something I enjoy, I *never* slow down.

prototype99
Master

#18 Post by prototype99 »

Yeah bellhead pretty much that, at one time i spent 6 hours straight reading it, no breaks
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

Thebestofrobin
Citizen

#19 Post by Thebestofrobin »

I just finished rereading the comic yesterday in a stretch of about 3 days time.
I think in total I read it in about 12-14 hours.
Not really a fast reader and took my time.
If I read fast it will still take me around 10 hours.

I'm on vacation at the moment and read the entire comic on paper.
I went through the trouble of letting the entire comic be printed out on paper.
Mostly on A5 paper size and the new comic size on A4 all in color.
The "books" use wire-o binding with every "book" containing a few chapters.
I'm real happy with the end result :).
It's a real joy to read the comic when relaxing on the beach with some music on.
I had no other choice because I only have a crappy laptop with me and no Wi-Fi on the beach.

prototype99
Master

#20 Post by prototype99 »

you must have used a LOT of ink and paper! XD i'm going to try and get the paperbacks!
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#21 Post by Bellhead »

prototype99 wrote:I'm going to try and get the paperbacks!
I got books 1 and 2, and The Dragon Masquerade in paperback from the Kickstarter a couple years back, and I'm extremely satisfied with it. I tried printing it out myself, on a dusty old printer... The quality was much degraded.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

prototype99
Master

#22 Post by prototype99 »

oh yes, the dragon masquerade, isn't that storyline book only?

Thebestofrobin
Citizen

#23 Post by Thebestofrobin »

prototype99 wrote:you must have used a LOT of ink and paper! XD i'm going to try and get the paperbacks!
I did not personally printed it.
I went to a store nearby that prints stuff for you.
The color quality and paper quality is pretty nice :).

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#24 Post by Bellhead »

prototype99 wrote:oh yes, the dragon masquerade, isn't that storyline book only?
I do believe you could get an online version, but it is pay only. And worth it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

prototype99
Master

#25 Post by prototype99 »

grrrr.... digital.... but if it's the only way then I guess I must

amenon
Grand Templar

#26 Post by amenon »

The Dragon Masquerade can still be bought in print (and the anniversary sale is inching ever closer to having an anniversary itself).
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

asphere8
Master

#27 Post by asphere8 »

Bellhead wrote:
prototype99 wrote:oh yes, the dragon masquerade, isn't that storyline book only?
I do believe you could get an online version, but it is pay only. And worth it.
Not only worth it, but very worth it. I purchased it only a couple days after reading the main comic for the first time (and a few hours later, a second time). It's a great side plot and the quality is very good.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#28 Post by Commander-Strife »

A couple months ago, I read every page front start ot the latest at the time and it took me about 12ish hours. Just on my computer. My cat is a distraction. xD
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

prototype99
Master

#29 Post by prototype99 »

I done it over some nights on a low spec device with an awful browser, the comic was good enough to keep me up all night XD