The Baby's name

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

gertok9
Master

The Baby's name

#1 Post by gertok9 »

I'm sure this thread has been made before, so sorry if this is a repost or something. As you should all know, there are only a few more months (in comic time) until Flora's baby is due. I'd like to know what you all think this child should be named. Bonus Question: If Keith and Natani have a child, what should its name be?
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: The Baby's name

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

I vote for either Jennifer, Asami, or Katarenia...... Mostly Jennifer though....

As for if Nat and Keith had a kid..... I would assume they'd name it Alaric.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

gertok9
Master

#3 Post by gertok9 »

I'm partial to Aurora for Trace and Flora's kid, just because I remember seeing a sketch of it somewhere where Tom said he nicknamed her/him Aurora.
I think it would be awesome if Keith and Natani named their kid Alaric though! I never even thought of that

yaytime
Apprentice

#4 Post by yaytime »

i think it would be more funny :flora: + :trace: babby to be named after :redhair: and not be told the name.

on a serous note i would like Saria in honer of :trace: 's deceased wife if is female and simuler for :natani: + :keith: naming a female of theirs Laura/Cathleen(Keith's mum)
if male then Euchre for :flora: + :trace: and Cornelius (Keith's dad) for :natani: + :keith: to help rectify the fact that he was not infarct the one who killed Cathleen

but they would probably be inertly new names.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

Thallium
Templar

#5 Post by Thallium »

SperoWolf wrote:Trace doesn't know names besides people he's met, since regaining his sanity, so I assume some clever amalgamation from Tom of a bunch of the protagonists names; unless some personal story comes on behalf of Flora that would present someone worth naming the child after

If Keith and Natani had a child, I'd imagine it being random or named after someone real; like Alaric, Adelaide, Zen, etc.
"Hey Nat, do you mind if we name our son after your brother that I tried to kill? Kthxbi."
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

imalbert
Master

#6 Post by imalbert »

yaytime wrote: on a serous note i would like Saria in honor of :trace: 's deceased wife if is female and similar for :natani: + :keith: naming a female of theirs Laura/Cathleen(Keith's mum)
if male then Euchre for :flora: + :trace: and Cornelius (Keith's dad) for :natani: + :keith: to help rectify the fact that he was not infarct the one who killed Cathleen

but they would probably be inertly new names.
I also believe if Keith and Natani were able to have a son it would be Cornelius in honor of his father who now stands rehabilitated in Keith's eyes.

I believe that Flora will have a girl who will be named Saria after Trace's wife. This might cause a name clash because Sythe and Maren will likely name their future daughter for the same woman.

amenon
Grand Templar

#7 Post by amenon »

At this rate it's probably going to be Trace Jr.

Regardless of gender.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by SirJahar »

amenon wrote:At this rate it's probably going to be Trace Jr.

Regardless of gender.
"Trace Legacy II" has more of a ring to it than "Trace Legacy Jr." 'Sides, Tracy sounds as good for a girl as some names that could be put out there.
Going by some of the other talk in the thread:
Do we really think that Flora would tolerate having the ghost of Trace's late wife hanging over HER child? That would seem to be a hard sell.
Though, while "Aurora" seems to be derived from "Flora" "Nora" and "Laura", it was also the name of the Roman goddess of dawn, and the kid could be seen as a new light coming into the world as part of a new age, wielding the arcane might to enact change by their own will...

For Natani and Keith's hypothetical potential spawn.... it would be as reasonable to name the child after Nat's parents as Keith's. after that, though... were such a child to be born, and were such a child be a female, it would be possible for the child to have some derivative of "Katharine" for their name, especially considering the friendship that seems to be forming between Kat & Nat.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

SirJahar wrote:For Natani and Keith's hypothetical potential spawn.... it would be as reasonable to name the child after Nat's parents as Keith's. after that, though... were such a child to be born, and were such a child be a female, it would be possible for the child to have some derivative of "Katharine" for their name, especially considering the friendship that seems to be forming between Kat & Nat.
A wolf/basitin crossbreed named Kitty?

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#10 Post by SirJahar »

Warrl wrote:
A wolf/basitin crossbreed named Kitty?
It makes as much sense as anything else in life. It would depend on a number of factors, but such a child could end up looking very cat-like, considering the physiology of both races. Then again, I enjoy being told where the holes are in my guesses/theories/crackpot-ramblings, it helps me refine my efforts for later events.

gertok9
Master

#11 Post by gertok9 »

SperoWolf wrote:Trace doesn't know names besides people he's met, since regaining his sanity, so I assume some clever amalgamation from Tom of a bunch of the protagonists names; unless some personal story comes on behalf of Flora that would present someone worth naming the child after

If Keith and Natani had a child, I'd imagine it being random or named after someone real; like Alaric, Adelaide, Zen, etc.
I approve of the first 2, but I don't think they'd name the child Zen unless Zen died before the child was born

gertok9
Master

#12 Post by gertok9 »

SperoWolf wrote:
gertok9 wrote:

I approve of the first 2, but I don't think they'd name the child Zen unless Zen died before the child was born
That was my thinking as well. I've always had this weird hunch that Zen might inevitably bite it and Keith will have to merge with Nat the same way he did
Oh-ho, he's going to merge with her in more ways than one, if ya know what I mean

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

gertok9 wrote:
SperoWolf wrote:
gertok9 wrote:

That was my thinking as well. I've always had this weird hunch that Zen might inevitably bite it and Keith will have to merge with Nat the same way he did
Oh-ho, he's going to merge with her in more ways than one, if ya know what I mean
That a a topic a hile back. Nobody e kno got the kill to do that, and beide: Nat ill be fine.

orry, broken keyboard... :(
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dragonfolk2000
Traveler

#14 Post by Dragonfolk2000 »

Thundrous Laser Tiger. I'm also impartial to Nora, but that's taken. :P

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by avwolf »

jacobc62 wrote:As for if Nat and Keith had a kid..... I would assume they'd name it Alaric.
Wouldn't they go with "Nick," our Master General's given name (and still maintaining consonance with "Keiser") rather than his surname?

I've been extremely partial to Cupil's suggestion of "Kanti" for Keith and Natani's daughter.

Since Trace can't think of names that don't belong to people he's met, why wouldn't he let Flora pick the name? We could be looking at a child named after one of Flora's parents then. She certainly remembers her mother at least, though I don't believe either of her parents have had their names revealed to us.