Other
2%

Total votes: 130

Weathermanthey
Citizen

Re: Poll: Favourite Character

#16 Post by Weathermanthey »

MuonNeutrino wrote:I voted for Rose.

I actually have a hard time articulating why I like her. All I know is that something about those few pages she appeared in just grabbed my heart and squeezed. Reading those pages what what finally forced me to make an account here after a year of lurking, just so that I could comment on them. As I said at the time, while I routinely get engrossed in the things I read, I am *not* routinely emotionally effected to the point where I'm left feeling like I had literally just been punched in the chest after reading them, which is what this strip did to me.

Rose's ordeal just destroyed me. Those few brief strips where she appears have more emotion, more conflict and pain and characterization and drama packed into them than many entire movies. I think partly I empathize so much with Rose's experience because to me she represents all of the senseless pain and suffering humans and keidran have inflicted on each other over the centuries. She's not a main character, the sort we expect to see having adventures and dangerous experiences. She's just a normal keidran who gets into trouble because she's worried about her cousin. And so when she's so casually threatened with death, it hurts even more because we know that not only has she done nothing to deserve it, but her situation isn't even unique. That's the *normal* way human and keidran societies relate to each other! But it's always easier to relate to a specific face than an abstract statistic, and so Rose becomes that face for all of the faceless, voiceless victims of the mutual hatred between humans and keidran.

In terms of the characters who are actually important to the story, I go with Natani. And for the characters who have gotten lots of screen time and fleshing out as *characters*, he's in my opinion by far the most interesting. But I would be lying if I claimed any character other than Rose as my true favorite.
I could not have said it any better! I agree so much. I too voted for Rose, and almost with the same reasons. One other point I'd like to make with Rose that stood out from the other characters is the color palette for Rose. I don't know what does it, but the complementary colors of green and red go so well with her white coat.
I also have to agree in terms with Natani. He is my favorite of the primary characters. He is, in my mind, the most interesting character with what has gone on throughout the comic. Overall, Roselyn is my favorite... As you can tell from my profile pic :P

esmeraldakittycat
New Citizen

#17 Post by esmeraldakittycat »

Flora is by far my favorite character! :flora:
CATS! CATS! CATS! :flora: :flora: :flora:

Snakeman1299
Citizen

#18 Post by Snakeman1299 »

I chose Trace because of the potential his character has with the story. (Him turning evil or staying good if he gets his memories.)
I am surprised that so many people chose Natani, not that there is anything wrong with that. :mrgreen: I just thought people would chose Kieth, Flora, or Trace more for some reason.
Live life to the fullest, have no regrets.

prototype99
Master

#19 Post by prototype99 »

this is a hard choice, ummm.... NATANI!!! :natani: :flora: gets close second then :raine:
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

midnightblink
Council Member

#20 Post by midnightblink »

It was a very close fight between Keith and Natani, but I decided to go with Natani. Natani is just such an original character, there are so few stories that have transgender characters, and even fewer that portray it well. I just connect more with his story of self-identification, especially during this time in my life where I'm finding a lot about myself. Although, I must say Keith is a VERY close second. His story is so full of feels and yet he is still such a likable and relatable character
Primum Non Nocere

amenon
Grand Templar

#21 Post by amenon »

1071-CCN wrote:Why isn't there an option for TIgress #37, though? :mrgrin:
Because the poll is from December, and I have a feeling I can't edit it without resetting the votes :P

Here's what I would add, for write-ins:
* Adira of Riftwall
* Maeve
* Daniels
* Random Tigress #37
* Fred the Hawk
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SteadyEddy

#22 Post by SteadyEddy »

Don't get me wrong, I love all of these characters ( and Keith is my favourite), but I had to pick King Adelaide because I've always had an affinity for strong characters. Not to mention that I feel there's the potential for her appearing again and having a major role in the comic in the future, along with the rest of the Basitin people (foreshadowing? http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=612)

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#23 Post by FrogSteaks »

amenon wrote:
1071-CCN wrote:Why isn't there an option for TIgress #37, though? :mrgrin:
Because the poll is from December, and I have a feeling I can't edit it without resetting the votes :P

Here's what I would add, for write-ins:
* Adira of Riftwall
* Maeve
* Daniels
* Random Tigress #37
* Fred the Hawk
I'd put a write-in vote for Maeve. Still waiting on that emote, too. :wink:

Also, forgive my :potatoes:-grade memory, but who's Fred the Hawk?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

amenon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by amenon »

FrogSteaks wrote:Also, forgive my :potatoes:-grade memory, but who's Fred the Hawk?
A bit of a joke option. See this discussion thread (which corresponds to this comic [2011-03-19]) for insight.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Master Spy
Traveler

#25 Post by Master Spy »

I'm quite fond of this Sirius guy.
I believe I've done enough interfering for the both of us.

BeTheChange
Citizen

#26 Post by BeTheChange »

Ooh... It's really close between a lot of characters, but I just decided to vote... oh wait I forgot dangit! Pretty sure it was Natani or Kathrin.

Natani because she's one of my top favorite assassins, plus the whole soul thing and awesome archer skillz. #NataniIsTheHawkeyeOfTwokinds

Kathrin because I'm writing an alternate universe where Kathrin takes a darker path and pretty much becomes Kathrin the arch mage, just like on Tom's deviant art. Also I find her character very interesting.
Insert creative line here.

cj3003
Apprentice

#27 Post by cj3003 »

BeTheChange wrote:#NataniIsTheHawkeyeOfTwokinds.
Spoiler!
My God, that is fantastic. My eyes have been opened :o
I am the silliest noodle.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#28 Post by primalcaller ergos »

I'm going with Trace because he reminds me of myself.

He does mostly because I also have an evil side that I have to deal with on a daily basis, to prevent it from destroying the world.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#29 Post by Commander-Strife »

Alaric's honestly my favorite character. He's a cool character with a cool name. Well also I'm a big fan of flirty characters since I have a massive weakness for it. I just love his personality and all that he did for Keith he's like... the Brother I wish I had, y'know?
When he died, I legit cried, and when Tom brought him back in the april fool's I woke up my family when I squeal/giggled in surprise, until I realized that Alabaster was back in his body, and also that it was an april fool's thing, and so I was a bit sad, being all like "Tom, why you playing on my heartstrings like this?"

But if talking main characters, then... Either Keith or King Adelaide (She's a main character at this point right?) purely because I like 'em.
Them being basitins has nothing to do with it

In terms of Group B, I'd pick Red, simply because I'm really wondering why he basically has no name. It's mysterious but also entirely wierd. He's basically the only anomaly of the characters, like... when one thinks on it, it kinda seems he's a decently large anomaly, even though many characters know him, nobody's called him by his actual name yet. (I refuse to accept that his name is Red, Mr. [Database Error]) xD
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

Scow2
Citizen

#30 Post by Scow2 »

DBE is mine! Looks good, and is quite a bit of an adorable doof