1%
Other
2%

Total votes: 130

amenon
Grand Templar

Poll: Favourite Character

#1 Post by amenon »

Something on IRC sparked my curiosity, and I was unable to find any particularly recent data.

Characters are listed in order of (physical) appearance. Please feel free to use any criteria you wish to determine your favorite, up to and including: who you like the most, who you think is the best written, a fair dice roll, a loaded dice roll, the mod 44 of your current bank account balance...

Consequently, feel free to change your vote any time you feel like it.

As for discussion: It's not my place to set or enforce rules, but here's my guidance. If you wish to advocate for a character, I'm genuinely interested in hearing why you are right. I will be completely unimpressed by any attempt to show that someone else is wrong.

I will abstain from voting for now to keep a non-partisan OP. And who knows, maybe I can be swayed? Please remember to have your ballots stamped, and there's refreshments on the sideboard.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Poll: Favourite Character

#2 Post by Jonesy »

I might actually go with Kathrin. Not only is she adoraballs, but her relationship with Eric is actually quite fascinating.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3 Post by jacobc62 »

I voted "other" because I'm not allowed to select more than one character....

Basically this is my list:
Trace
Flora
Raine
Mike
Evals
Red
Sythe

In no particular order.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

I voted for Keith because he's been my favourite since before the Basitin Isles arc, and since I feel like he's one of the most fully-realized characters at this point. Of course, Natani has grown on me hugely ever since Party A left the Isles, and as a result of her interaction with Keith during his self-discovery aboard the ship, she's become almost on-par with him as my favourite.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#5 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I voted for Rose.

I actually have a hard time articulating why I like her. All I know is that something about those few pages she appeared in just grabbed my heart and squeezed. Reading those pages what what finally forced me to make an account here after a year of lurking, just so that I could comment on them. As I said at the time, while I routinely get engrossed in the things I read, I am *not* routinely emotionally effected to the point where I'm left feeling like I had literally just been punched in the chest after reading them, which is what this strip did to me.

Rose's ordeal just destroyed me. Those few brief strips where she appears have more emotion, more conflict and pain and characterization and drama packed into them than many entire movies. I think partly I empathize so much with Rose's experience because to me she represents all of the senseless pain and suffering humans and keidran have inflicted on each other over the centuries. She's not a main character, the sort we expect to see having adventures and dangerous experiences. She's just a normal keidran who gets into trouble because she's worried about her cousin. And so when she's so casually threatened with death, it hurts even more because we know that not only has she done nothing to deserve it, but her situation isn't even unique. That's the *normal* way human and keidran societies relate to each other! But it's always easier to relate to a specific face than an abstract statistic, and so Rose becomes that face for all of the faceless, voiceless victims of the mutual hatred between humans and keidran.

In terms of the characters who are actually important to the story, I go with Natani. And for the characters who have gotten lots of screen time and fleshing out as *characters*, he's in my opinion by far the most interesting. But I would be lying if I claimed any character other than Rose as my true favorite.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#6 Post by The Rookie »

I'm actually quite surprised that no one has voted for Flora or Trace yet, considering they're the main two.

Mine was a toss up between Keith, Kat and Laura, but in the end I went with Laura. Her story was possibly one of the most painful for me to read, to the point where when she says he final goodbyes to Keith I was admittedly a little teary.

Now Kat was a close second. Kat's character has always been something I wished was explored just that tiny bit more, as each time she's interacted with one of the main cast she'd always reveal something about her as a person that conflicts greatly with how she was introduced / perceived by other characters. She's clearly far more intelligent than given credit for, her complicated relationship with Eric, and how she wishes to be a mother but can't as a result of her breeding. That sort of thing
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#7 Post by mycatiscrazy »

voted for isaac, simply because thats my name.
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman

amenon
Grand Templar

#8 Post by amenon »

Keith, for still caring about himself and others after everything he's been through.

And being an adorable grump.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#9 Post by Him »

Natani, if you people couldn't notice, is my favorite. He is such a rich character that can be used in many different situations. He is also very fun to ship. I mean, come on, who doesn't ship Keith and Natani hard? And as I have also mentioned before, Natani is the reason I decided to stick with Twokinds. He is too much of an interesting fellow for me to ignore.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#10 Post by Sage Asuka »

Laura...which I suppose anyone could see coming. The reason being is that I identify very closely with her timid, quiet nature. It's very easy for me to see things from her perspective. Also I happen to like her character design and development. She had some neat arcs, even if the final one with her ghost started off pretty rocky.

Second would probably be Keith because again, he experiences some good character arcs and has a lot of character development potential. Third is Kat because Kat is just freakin adorable and fun to me.
Image Image Image Image

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#11 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Noone except me votes for Keith's mother? the only Eastern basitin in the story...
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

RaiKumo93
Traveler

#12 Post by RaiKumo93 »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:Noone except me votes for Keith's mother? the only Eastern basitin in the story...
Yeah, I get what you mean Tesla, seeing how I'm the first to vote for Cornelius. He's such an interesting and mysterious character who we know little about. At first their was kind of a reason to hate him do to Keith's childhood, but overall he seemed to care in his own way once the truth was known.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Siergiejew
Citizen

#13 Post by Siergiejew »

For a long time I couldn't decide if it is Keith, or Alaric. But I think I like Alaric more. He has seemingly shorter "lifespan" in comic, but yet, he was serious and humorous at one. And I love how he was able to tease and embarrass Keith. He also took very important role in Keith's character development. So, even if I really like Keith, my vote goes to Alaric, because of role which he had in Keith's life. also, what amazes me is that he dedicated his whole life to find holes, make up rules etc. just to allow Keith to get back, even more, he in fact gave him very important role (Well, it is still kinda like banishment. "Go away, we do not want you here, you are now ambassador"), not sure if it was what alarac meant in the first place, but well, I still find it kinda humorous, and ironic.
As usual, it was unusual.

MrEpicDragons
New Citizen

#14 Post by MrEpicDragons »

It was a split between Natani and Keith. They are both my favorite characters and are such enjoyable characters especially when they interact together. In the end I chose Natani because he is a character I don't think I've never experienced till reading TK.
Oh if life were made of moments even now and then a bad one--! But if life were only moments, Then you'd never know you had one." Stephen Sondheim (Into the Woods)

Vintage
Certified Fool

#15 Post by Vintage »

MrEpicDragons wrote:It was a split between Natani and Keith. They are both my favorite characters and are such enjoyable characters especially when they interact together. In the end I chose Natani because he is a character I don't think I've never experienced till reading TK.
I choose Natani for practically the same reason. His type of character and the situation he's in all makes for a controversial argument (which is probably the reason I enjoy him so much).
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)