Comic Page for November 26 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

sylerner

Re: Comic Page for November 26 2014

#46 Post by sylerner »

Looking at Flora in panels 5 and 8, I'm surprised that with her being pregnant her bust is still so small.

Wonder when the hormones will kick in (or do Keidran react differently to being pregnant)?

And I love her look of bewilderment in panel 5!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#47 Post by MuonNeutrino »

sylerner wrote:Looking at Flora in panels 5 and 8, I'm surprised that with her being pregnant her bust is still so small.

Wonder when the hormones will kick in (or do Keidran react differently to being pregnant)?
Well, real-life dogs and cats do, at least to some extent. We don't know about keidran, but considering that humans also do, I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the timing, in humans that part of it apparently doesn't really kick in until the 3rd trimester, after about the 6th month, while Flora is only about 1 month in. However, we don't know how long keidran pregnancies are. We can guess that they're probably shorter than human ones, though - partially just in how everything else is faster for them, partially by analogy to their real-world counterparts, but mostly because she's already showing a noticeable bump and has already felt the baby move. In humans, both of those things don't start until the second trimester. So, based on that keidran pregnancies would only be 3-4 months long. However, even with that compressed of a timescale she's still not to the point yet where a human would show an increased bust size.

Practically speaking, I imagine that keidran pregnancies are as long as they need to be for the purposes of the story, and other stuff like that will probably show up if and when Tom thinks them appropriate.

imalbert
Master

#48 Post by imalbert »

MuonNeutrino wrote:The funny thing about that is that for Keidran, I almost don't notice anymore if none of the characters point it out. For characters like Flora, or Rose in the couple strips she was in, they're not *naked* so much as they're just not wearing anything.

It's all about the characters and their attitudes towards the whole thing, really. When Natani doesn't have any clothes on, he's naked, because that's how he reacts to it. When Flora doesn't have any clothes on, she's just Flora. She tends to be 'cute' or 'adorable' more than 'sexy', even when she's running around in just her fur. Tom doesn't emphasize those aspects of her, none of the characters really react to it anymore, and so I don't really think about it either.
Save for the males who must still cover their groin area. As a perceived male, Natani would be obligated to cover herself.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#49 Post by Schrodinger »

imalbert wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:The funny thing about that is that for Keidran, I almost don't notice anymore if none of the characters point it out. For characters like Flora, or Rose in the couple strips she was in, they're not *naked* so much as they're just not wearing anything.

It's all about the characters and their attitudes towards the whole thing, really. When Natani doesn't have any clothes on, he's naked, because that's how he reacts to it. When Flora doesn't have any clothes on, she's just Flora. She tends to be 'cute' or 'adorable' more than 'sexy', even when she's running around in just her fur. Tom doesn't emphasize those aspects of her, none of the characters really react to it anymore, and so I don't really think about it either.
Save for the males who must still cover their groin area. As a perceived male, Natani would be obligated to cover herself himself.
There, fixed.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#50 Post by Bellhead »

I really want to see Zen's reaction face to this whole scenario. Wonder when we'll get an update.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Country Joe
Citizen

#51 Post by Country Joe »

Bellhead wrote:I really want to see Zen's reaction face to this whole scenario. Wonder when we'll get an update.
I'm thinking we may get one soon. Maybe even tomorrow.
Cars
+
Music (Records from the 1960s and 1970s)
=
My life

Siergiejew
Citizen

#52 Post by Siergiejew »

Country Joe wrote:
Bellhead wrote:I really want to see Zen's reaction face to this whole scenario. Wonder when we'll get an update.
I hope so too. But we all know it is kinda unpredictable when Tom will post new page.
As usual, it was unusual.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#53 Post by Bellhead »

Siergiejew wrote:
Country Joe wrote:
I hope so too. But we all know it is kinda unpredictable when Tom will post new page.
He did say a few pages ago that the current and previous page were both added in before the next one, and that the next was partially inked at the time. But he did say in IRC today that his Christmas tree was up, so it may be longer if he decides to decorate.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#54 Post by jacobc62 »

Eat the sandwich while decorating the tree, Tom!
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016