Comic Page for November 26 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

Re: Comic Page for November 26 2014

#16 Post by Neutral Smith »

If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

bejoja
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#17 Post by bejoja »

MuonNeutrino wrote: And did anyone catch the fight sound text in the middle panel? The top three say 'thump!', 'crack!', and 'bang!', but the smallest one is a bit tougher to make out. The last three letters are definitely 'ick', but the first letter doesn't look like a 'k'. It almost looks like it says 'lick', which would be an absolutely hilarious joke on Tom's part IMO (regarding the whole 'fight fight fight kiss kiss kiss' recent running joke here on the forums).
I can confirm that the last line of text says "Lick". I'd have to agree with you and say that this is hilarious! Haha xD :grin:!
Welp, I wish I had more to input, but I'm not much of a writer :roll:

Kaz
Master

#18 Post by Kaz »

Anyone but me notice the mouse in Panel 4? Bottom left corner.

Gadvac
Traveler

#19 Post by Gadvac »

Kaz wrote:Anyone but me notice the mouse in Panel 4? Bottom left corner.
Didn't notice it the first time through but whaddaya know, there it is! Looks like just a little detail though.

Hopefully Flora didn't just walk away before Natani got contacted. Having her around might just help Zen out.
Also, finally found my avatar. God, that panel is adorable.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#20 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Gadvac wrote:Also, finally found my avatar. God, that panel is adorable.
If you want a version without the speech bubbles, try here: http://twokindscomic.com/speechless/?p=270

amenon
Grand Templar

#21 Post by amenon »

MuonNeutrino wrote: I have a feeling that, among other things, was exactly what Natani wanted to happen out of this. Natani is, I think, trying to keep Keith from brooding by distracting him and keeping him engaged in the world around him. He's trying to take care of Keith right now, and that includes emotionally as well as physically. A good sparring match is exactly the sort of thing Keith needs to help him get back on an even keel, and it's exactly the sort of thing Natani would think of. And, of course, I'm sure he's enjoying the sparring as much as Keith is.
All this and what you posted on the previous page, and it's a roundabout approach to physical intimacy.

I appreciate the amount and... quality of thought you put in.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#22 Post by Bellhead »

It has become apparent with these two pages that their sparring matches have become much more violent and spastic. Remember the original one, where Basitin Black Magic came into being? In that one, they were both controlled in their actions. Here, we see that they're both fighting "dirty" likely in more ways than one, and that they're fighting more as friends who know each-other's styles by heart, as opposed to continually sizing up their opponent's skills. They have an air about them that tells me they've become more than a little comfortable with what they're doing here. Moar.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#23 Post by BadFoMo »

Schrodinger wrote:Another thing of note is it looks like Tom went back on a previous retcon and Basitins have four toes again. Interesting.
What, when did Tom decide to do this? I've never heard of anything about that, and aside from one of his really old sketches (which I can't seem to find) and one of the Voting Incentives, I've never seen a Basitin with only three toes.

Also, I think they would look mildly ridiculous like that and it wouldn't serve any purpose other than maybe a faster drawing time.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Him »

These two are such a brilliant couple... And look, Keith is even learning! Oh, and what's this? Faster paced story progression! Happy day indeed. Now rereading that, it makes me sound kind of like a prick, but I really am just happy about it. Because for all that has happened since the basitin island arc, not much has happened. Slow going pages never bug me when I'm reading something from the start to finish, but it kills me to wait for new pages when there seems to be little going on.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#25 Post by MuonNeutrino »

amenon wrote:All this and what you posted on the previous page, and it's a roundabout approach to physical intimacy.
That's a very good point. Not only is it a good way to keep Keith from moping, it also gives Natani an excuse to put his hands all over his boyfriend. :grin: I would not be surprised if that motivation was rattling around in Natani's head somewhere, though what I would wonder is whether it was a *conscious* motivation or not.
I appreciate the amount and... quality of thought you put in.
Thanks. Analysis is what I do, it's just how my brain works and it's not like I can turn that off when it comes to recreational pursuits like the comic. Over-analyzing things to the point of distraction is how I have fun with this sort of thing! :grin:

thebroodingfox
Citizen

#26 Post by thebroodingfox »

Him wrote:These two are such a brilliant couple... And look, Keith is even learning! Oh, and what's this? Faster paced story progression! Happy day indeed. Now rereading that, it makes me sound kind of like a prick, but I really am just happy about it. Because for all that has happened since the basitin island arc, not much has happened. Slow going pages never bug me when I'm reading something from the start to finish, but it kills me to wait for new pages when there seems to be little going on.
Is it just me, or does it seem like this chapter is going to have an explosive ending due to the possibility of everyone's personal dramas blowing up in everyone else's face? It just seems par for the course due to two Baistin stowaways being on the boat, Mike and Evals stealing, no one knowing about Trace's smoke hallucination except Flora(and Madelyn, apparently?), and then there's also my personal feeling of dread over Kathrin because it seems likely she will take one too many liberties with Eric?

I mean, a more explosive chapter ending than usually anyway. Besides, with Zen calling on Natani I bet the plot will progress much faster than it has been recently. For awhile now, it has seemed to me that Tom has been building up character development and character interactions/relationships to make what's about to happen soon have a bigger impact, whatever that is.

amenon
Grand Templar

#27 Post by amenon »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thanks. Analysis is what I do, it's just how my brain works and it's not like I can turn that off when it comes to recreational pursuits like the comic. Over-analyzing things to the point of distraction is how I have fun with this sort of thing! :grin:
You know the writing is good when it not only bears being thought on, but actually improves upon it. And in the case of Twokinds, it's character writing, which is all the more precious to me... and Tom keeps coming up with stuff that's literally outside my expectations. The second heart's desire may be my favorite bit of writing in any genre or medium. It's certainly a contender.

Very occasionally in this life I come across something that might look tired on paper, but is executed with such ability and sincerity that it brings the tropes to life and makes you realize once again why they're tropes in the first place. Twokinds feels like that to me, with the special distinction that it doesn't even look tired to begin with.

tl;dr: Tom is very good at what he does, and I'm very glad to be on this ride wherever he takes it.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Siergiejew
Citizen

#28 Post by Siergiejew »

Zen's incoming!!!

Also, looks like this time he is the one that is naked, not Natani. I just wonder if this is perma-joke of Tom, that one of siblings must be naked while talking to other.
As usual, it was unusual.

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#29 Post by stumblinbear »

Hmmm, something about Flora seems-Different... I can't seem to put my finger on it. Oh well, whatever it is, I like it!
Siergiejew wrote:one of siblings must be naked while talking to other.
It sure seems that way, doesn't it! xD
At least we'll know in advance when they'll start communicating again: one of em'll be naked a few pages before xD
ImageImageImageImage

victorymon
Master

#30 Post by victorymon »

ahh yes, and next page :zen: will read :natani: memories and say something like: wait, you just kissed him? again? twice??
Denken hilft zwar, nützt aber nichts
***;)***
Hey everymon, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/
and here I am in my Fur-Suit (as a Werewolf) http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254