Who/What is Mrs Nibbly(Nibs)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Who/What is Mrs Nibbly(Nibs)

#16 Post by Warrl »

BenedictOwler wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 pm
Country Joe wrote: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 am ...or maybe Mrs. Nibbly is a completely different potential threat that we have yet to discover. We will find out more as we progress through the story.
I might as well throw my hat into this ring, I do wonder, perhaps Mrs.Nibbly does have some connections with the third yet to be seen (Demi)god, of course this is only me rambling.

But something that also makes me wonder how she was shaking and quite scared when they entered the gateway to Trace estate, it makes me wonder what does or if she knows something about the former Grand Templer.
Evidence strongly suggests that the reason she was apparently so scared on that occasion was proximity to Reni. Or possibly to "a dragon" which just happened to be Reni.

(Or at least one reason; there may have been more than one. And I'm pretty sure that this is her last disappearance to date - just as they arrived at the estate.)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#17 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I do have a tin foil hat theory for that:
Given recent developments it is possible that Nibbly is Trace's daughter with Nora.
More like infowars crazy level theory. However it is implied Nora and Trace were "close" and that dragons can mate with pretty much whatever they like and produce viable offspring also in this universe dragons are shapeshifters so a juveline dragon could disguise as a squirrel finally another dragon might be able to pierce through the illusion that could be the reason nibbly is scared of our favorite Monarch Butterfly theme dragon.
I know that it is most likely not the case but i certainly like the idea and would make a hell of a plot twist.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

BenedictOwler

#18 Post by BenedictOwler »

Warrl wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:56 pm
BenedictOwler wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 pm
Country Joe wrote: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 am ...or maybe Mrs. Nibbly is a completely different potential threat that we have yet to discover. We will find out more as we progress through the story.
I might as well throw my hat into this ring, I do wonder, perhaps Mrs.Nibbly does have some connections with the third yet to be seen (Demi)god, of course this is only me rambling.

But something that also makes me wonder how she was shaking and quite scared when they entered the gateway to Trace estate, it makes me wonder what does or if she knows something about the former Grand Templer.
Evidence strongly suggests that the reason she was apparently so scared on that occasion was proximity to Reni. Or possibly to "a dragon" which just happened to be Reni.

(Or at least one reason; there may have been more than one. And I'm pretty sure that this is her last disappearance to date - just as they arrived at the estate.)
Hmm, alas I have to say I don't think that our squirrel Lady will end up evil, rather perhaps curious. ;-.)

If really the reason why she was so shaken was a dragon I do wonder if she was once a person that got turned into a squirrel. I mean as it was adressed in the Dragon Masquarade alas Lady Nora was capable in turning someone into a horse.
\\\*/// Blesse be te who found enlightenment, for now they shall never be fooled again by te three idols in grey \\\*///
/|\+++++First Commandment from the Codex of the Enlighteners (512) /|\ +++++

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#19 Post by Hulk10 »

She seems to be nothing more than a squirrel to me.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Warrl »

Her distinctly un-squirrel-like behaviors include befriending a large predator (Sythe) and then his entire group of large dangerous-to-squirrel creatures, choosing to stay close enough to another large predator (Zen) to knaw the ropes loose for no squirrely reason, and then viciously attacking yet another large predator (Carver) for no squirrely reason. Followed by surviving, unharmed, being thrown against a tree-trunk so hard that her back and/or skull apparently cracked.

There may be others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Unless she's learned from long experience beginning at a very young age that humans and wolf-keidran are friends and fox-keidran are a danger to her friends... there's something more than a squirrel in there.

But there are several possibilities for the "something more". A dragon, either shapeshifted or controlling. A Mask, ditto. A Templar secret ally (or subtle, patient enemy), probably controlling. That other thing I'm not thinking of at the moment.

NuclearBird
Master

#21 Post by NuclearBird »

Nibbly is Nibbly. That's all there is to Nibbly.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Warrl »

I'm absolutely confident that Nibs is not an ordinary wild squirrel.

An ordinary lost-pet squirrel, however, is not completely implausible. (Just, imho, unlikely.)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#23 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Warrl wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:42 pm Her distinctly un-squirrel-like behaviors include befriending a large predator (Sythe) and then his entire group of large dangerous-to-squirrel creatures, choosing to stay close enough to another large predator (Zen) to knaw the ropes loose for no squirrely reason, and then viciously attacking yet another large predator (Carver) for no squirrely reason. Followed by surviving, unharmed, being thrown against a tree-trunk so hard that her back and/or skull apparently cracked.

There may be others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Unless she's learned from long experience beginning at a very young age that humans and wolf-keidran are friends and fox-keidran are a danger to her friends... there's something more than a squirrel in there.

But there are several possibilities for the "something more". A dragon, either shapeshifted or controlling. A Mask, ditto. A Templar secret ally (or subtle, patient enemy), probably controlling. That other thing I'm not thinking of at the moment.
Now that you mention it. I rembember a sketch that got colored not so long ago about the storyo of how Saria meet Rose . There she extracted/stole Saria from the templar dungeons. Accompanied by a merry band of templar-looking dudes. Blue dorito tatto and all.
If the sketch is canon. It would mean that there is a bunch of templar who are more "sympathetic" to Keidran than most of the organization. They could have dispatched a mind-controlled squirrel or magic construct to scout for whatever reason the war torn countryside and they eventually found Raine, Mary's daughter.
Hence her levels of tameness and friendliness toward large predators. And her apprehensiveness toward dragons, they could see straight through her facade.
Or if we strecth this line of thought it might be Mary controlling the squirrel all along.

And just to be thorough i remember someone once mentioned she could be a human turned squirrel either by Trace/Euchre/Nora tagging along the group to escape the war.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Warrl »

Or if we strecth this line of thought it might be Mary controlling the squirrel all along.
I like this idea. I doubt if it will turn out to be correct; nevertheless I like it.

doombat

#25 Post by doombat »

Maybe :squirrel: is cursed

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#26 Post by Hulk10 »

NuclearBird wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am Nibbly is Nibbly. That's all there is to Nibbly.

I agree there doesn't seem to be much to cute Mrs. Nibbly :squirrel: . She seems like an ordinary squirrel. Although she is highly intelligent for one.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.