Twokinds search [engine(s)]

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Twokinds search [engine(s)]

#31 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:I don't know if this is limited to just my terminal, but when I search the codex for words it no longer previews the dialog the word appears in. Is this a purposeful change or an error somewhere down the line?

It only sends the lines if there are less than 15 results. It's possible that limit should be set higher, but having some cutoff was... fairly necessary :P (Imagine a search for 'a'!)

Aside to avwolf: I guess it is 'the codex' now, huh? :grin:
Ah, I guess my search terms were to broad then.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#32 Post by amenon »

Double-repost Oct 22:

Caught up on the pages again, what with the Twokindsversary and everything! Mostly just same old same old, but here's something that might interest people: sketch_extra, for pages where there's something noteworthy about the sketch that isn't on the finished page. Some are really minor, some are not.

Also, Twokinds passed 10,000 lines of dialogue somewhere around page 990. So that's another milestone Tom's chalked up.

Repost Feb 19:

Big update: Search is now up to date after the archive revamp. No more results from an alternative reality! It's also possible to point to the current page by number now, so I have less of an excuse to be behind in the future. (Still want to give Tom time to edit the newest page in situ, though, so maybe I'll stick to at-least-one-behind. But at the moment of this post, search is, for once, completely current. All 962 pages are in.)

Also, re: Schrodinger above, I bumped the limit of text results returned to 30, since I needed to take a restart to change the base url for the archive pages (my uptime!)

.... aaaand the language tag for Basitin is now {} (;_;)
Back to []! :grin:

Original Jan 26:

Small update: Due to recent goings-on, Keith (w/sclera) (ks for short) is now a thing, for when Keith's showing the white of his eyes.

I didn't do a full check, so can anyone think of a scene I might have forgotten?

Also, page 958 has to take the cake for the most complicated one to tag so far. It's across the present, and four different known scenes in the past. Good thing I had a search engine to look them up :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by Cyon »

Woohoo you're alive! How're things going, you phased out of here for a while.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

amenon
Grand Templar

#34 Post by amenon »

Another Twokindsversary, another instance of me catching up on janitorial work! Search has been caught up, and now covers up to page 1042 of the comic.

Now that Twokinds is fifteen, search is just a few weeks away from its own fourth anniversary. While I (mostly by design) don't have much in the way of statistics to offer, I do have some: the total number of queries served so far is somewhere in the ballpark of 11-12k, and over the last two years or so, the ratio of art to text searches has been about 2:1.

Shout-outs to everyone who's been using it! I'm glad it's being useful :)

And in other janitorial type news, I have also updated the discussion thread thread, now likewise up to 1042.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#35 Post by Technic[Bot] »

amenon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 pm Another Twokindsversary, another instance of me catching up on janitorial work! Search has been caught up, and now covers up to page 1042 of the comic.

Now that Twokinds is fifteen, search is just a few weeks away from its own fourth anniversary. While I (mostly by design) don't have much in the way of statistics to offer, I do have some: the total number of queries served so far is somewhere in the ballpark of 11-12k, and over the last two years or so, the ratio of art to text searches has been about 2:1.

Shout-outs to everyone who's been using it! I'm glad it's being useful :)

And in other janitorial type news, I have also updated the discussion thread thread, now likewise up to 1042.
Oh cheers mate!
I did not know you had been doing this for that long. Nice thing you got there.
Also if you ever need help with statistics or number crunching i will be happy to help.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

amenon
Grand Templar

#36 Post by amenon »

Just an "not dead yet" type post to let folks know that search is once again up to date, as of page 1082.

I'm going to commit to updating at least monthly for the next year, because my extensive empirical study has revealed that falling more than a handful of pages behind and having to catch up is annoying.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#37 Post by Dadrobit »

Hey, amenon! Just a heads up if you don't know, (guessing you might not since you haven't posted about maintenance downtime here) that the site is currently inaccessible. Thanks again though for the search engine, I can't tell you how many times it's gotten use from me alone! :mrgrin:

amenon
Grand Templar

#38 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm Hey, amenon! Just a heads up if you don't know, (guessing you might not since you haven't posted about maintenance downtime here) that the site is currently inaccessible. Thanks again though for the search engine, I can't tell you how many times it's gotten use from me alone! :mrgrin:
Oh, thanks for the heads up! Not sure what happened there, but it should be back now.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#39 Post by Dadrobit »

amenon wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm
Dadrobit wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm Hey, amenon! Just a heads up if you don't know, (guessing you might not since you haven't posted about maintenance downtime here) that the site is currently inaccessible. Thanks again though for the search engine, I can't tell you how many times it's gotten use from me alone! :mrgrin:
Oh, thanks for the heads up! Not sure what happened there, but it should be back now.
Yup! All in functioning order again. Thanks kindly!

wynter
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#40 Post by wynter »

This search engine is pretty epic. Very useful. Especially since I'm drafting a (surprisingly nonexisting) Wikipedia article for Twokinds and some of the bits need to be cited to certain pages. (I know 2k has its own Fandom stuff, but I would have thought it would be in Wikipedia of all places by now. I think it deserves a Wikipedia page, even if it's just a general overview and most of the citations point to the more detailed wikis on Fandom.)
:flora: 'Ey! Mr'at's ra'shist! NOM!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#41 Post by MuonNeutrino »

wynter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 am This search engine is pretty epic. Very useful. Especially since I'm drafting a (surprisingly nonexisting) Wikipedia article for Twokinds and some of the bits need to be cited to certain pages. (I know 2k has its own Fandom stuff, but I would have thought it would be in Wikipedia of all places by now. I think it deserves a Wikipedia page, even if it's just a general overview and most of the citations point to the more detailed wikis on Fandom.)
Careful with wikipedia, webcomics tend to not fare well on that site. Their pages have a tendency to quickly get deleted for lacking 'notability', and that often is pointed to lacking sufficient secondary sources. (Other wikis don't really count, as far as I know.) There also has been a bit of shady looking play around that, some people seem to just be out to get webcomic pages in general, and there's a perception that the genre doesn't get a fair shake on the site. This article goes over some of it, with associated discussion on the opinion tab. You can of course still make an article, but don't be surprised if it quickly goes bye-bye without much justification.

wynter
Traveler

#42 Post by wynter »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:12 am
wynter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 am This search engine is pretty epic. Very useful. Especially since I'm drafting a (surprisingly nonexisting) Wikipedia article for Twokinds and some of the bits need to be cited to certain pages. (I know 2k has its own Fandom stuff, but I would have thought it would be in Wikipedia of all places by now. I think it deserves a Wikipedia page, even if it's just a general overview and most of the citations point to the more detailed wikis on Fandom.)
Careful with wikipedia, webcomics tend to not fare well on that site. Their pages have a tendency to quickly get deleted for lacking 'notability', and that often is pointed to lacking sufficient secondary sources. (Other wikis don't really count, as far as I know.) There also has been a bit of shady looking play around that, some people seem to just be out to get webcomic pages in general, and there's a perception that the genre doesn't get a fair shake on the site. This article goes over some of it, with associated discussion on the opinion tab. You can of course still make an article, but don't be surprised if it quickly goes bye-bye without much justification.
Thank you for your heads up. I'll make sure to go through and forward some of the original Wiki's sources through to my citations after I look through them, to give it some sort of fighting chance, before I submit the draft. I'm putting some effort into it, so hopefully it doesn't _immediately_ get axed. But we'll see. (I'll copy and paste it into TextEdit before I submit it so that I at least have a copy of my work if they do :flora: )

wynter
Traveler

#43 Post by wynter »

Haha, there is actually a bust size chart. That's great lmao. Maybe combing additional information isn't so bad.
http://twokinds.deviantart.com/art/Twok ... t-95649866

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#44 Post by SpottedKitty »

There's also a set of pages for the comic on TVTropes.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#45 Post by Bellhead »

Not sure if it moved and nobody said anything, but https://2ks.wogcodex.com/ isn't working for me anymore. I've tried it on my phone browser, and home and work, using Firefox and Chrome, respectively. Is this only on my end?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.