The Imagineer

Comic Page for Thursday, August 21st

#1 Post by Myperson54 »

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

barashinmokushi

Re: Comic Page for Thursday, August 21st

#2 Post by barashinmokushi »

OOOOOKAY, My immidiate reaction to that loud yell would've been jumping overboard and swimming to safety, and that would just be the reflex. LMAO

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Him »

So... Maddie is Alvin?

Caille
Citizen

#4 Post by Caille »

:keith: 's mouth is gonna run down from his face soon.
Buzię widzę w tym tęczu!

Image Image

Image THE SHIP HAS SAILED!

Cornchip
Traveler

#5 Post by Cornchip »

Alt text: Informing the Chain of Command

And the twitter title (or alt text or whatever) is "Superior Officer!"

Do want the King to come back for more screen time.

Ecthudan
Citizen

#6 Post by Ecthudan »

Maddie is the king's daughter? Well, I guess I really didn't see that one coming. This does put a whole new spin on things. The Basitin's whole armada is probably after her now.

Was there any moment before that where it was hinted at their relation? I doubt Maddie is going to tell the others who's her mommy, though. At least for now.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Well the mystery of Madelyn's relation to the King has been revealed. And my lord does the King have some pipes on her.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Divenity
Council Member

#8 Post by Divenity »

Well then... we knew they were related because they have the same last name, but I was assuming they would be like, cousins or something... I really didn't Maddie to actually be her daughter as some had speculated.

This will totally end well. /s

Darkfur
Master

#9 Post by Darkfur »

Someone dun goof'd.
Lurk moar.

Tendo
Master

#10 Post by Tendo »

..... that nutcase is that super-badass king's DAUGHTER?

And this scream almost seemed uncharacteristic of King Adelaide, this is the first time I recall her actually breaking her composure, especially after everything that happened on the Basitin Isles. Even with all that happened she barely even showed any anger...... ho boy, if Madelyn can get that kind of reaction from the king then the crew on that ship is really in for a LONG trip...

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#11 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

So we finally have some confirmation on a few things:
1) Maddie is King Adelaide's *daughter*
2) Maddie's presence is not official Basitin business, at least nothing that the king knows, which I'd assume would be everything. It seems like she truly did desert her duty and post to run off on her own... perhaps that whole madness crazy spontaneous persona is not so much an act after all............ unless of course, she is still following some plan of Alaric's that even the king doesn't know about.

Wait... how long has it been since they left? At least one whole day, right? And only *NOW* has King Adelaide realised that Maddie isn't there? Hmmm. Also, the way the King is acting, it's as if Maddie really *is* a child. hmmmmmmmmm.

ChampionSheWolf

#12 Post by ChampionSheWolf »

I am kind of shocked people didn't understand that Maddie was the King's daughter. I mean it was fairly obvious. The King's fairly old, with grey hair, Maddie, is very childish, pretty much a teenager. What other evidence did you need?

Divenity
Council Member

#13 Post by Divenity »

ChampionSheWolf wrote:I am kind of shocked people didn't understand that Maddie was the King's daughter. I mean it was fairly obvious. The King's fairly old, with grey hair, Maddie, is very childish, pretty much a teenager. What other evidence did you need?

Yes, because white or grey hair/fur on an anthromorph is always something that depicts older age, and not just a random variation in fur color like the animals they are based off of sometimes possess.

Wait...

Seriously though, the king doesn't look "old", and there was never any hint of her ever being in a relationship with anyone who would have been the father... It's obviously easy to see they are related, and yes we all knew Maddie was probly no older than 14, if that, but nothing ever actually hinted at how they were related.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by SpottedKitty »

Okay, at least now we have a bit more evidence that the letters-full-of-hearts thing is just one more example of What Maddie Does All The Time, and not just something Alaric told her to include in her report to mess with the minds of the other generals.

And in the last panel, unless Kat's out of camera view (or already on the floor) Mike and Evals weren't including her in the important job of drinkables quality control (got to make sure the stuff at the bottom of the bottle is the same as the top of the bottle...)

As a side note, I've now been laughing like a tickled hyena for the last ten minutes. Is this likely to wear off any time soon? :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#15 Post by Sage Asuka »

Tendo wrote: And this scream almost seemed uncharacteristic of King Adelaide, this is the first time I recall her actually breaking her composure, especially after everything that happened on the Basitin Isles. Even with all that happened she barely even showed any anger...... ho boy, if Madelyn can get that kind of reaction from the king then the crew on that ship is really in for a LONG trip...
It's the scream of an angered parent, that's why opo;
Divenity wrote: Seriously though, the king doesn't look "old", and there was never any hint of her ever being in a relationship with anyone who would have been the father... It's obviously easy to see they are related, and yes we all knew Maddie was probly no older than 14, if that, but nothing ever actually hinted at how they were related.
Well if I recall right the male and female basitin didn't live in the same housing and they have specified breeding times...I know there was a page somewhere that addressed the curfew and all that. If the rest of the group follows that I see no reason why the King wouldn't either. Also we don't know the father's rank or duties.

Wasn't expecting daughter though opo;
Image Image Image Image