In the world of Mekkan, Where are you?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

In the world of Mekkan, Where are you?

#1 Post by Commander-Strife »

Not sure if this has been done yet (sure it has, but somehow couldn't find another topic along these lines) so I thought I'd do so. I personally think it's always fun to discuss where you'd be in the world and maybe even who.
Because self-insert stuff is always fun in theory :D

Personally... I don't know where I'd be, probly a waiter in a tavern, or a templar because magic would be cool to learn.
It's either that, or I'd love to live among the Basitin people xD
Honestly I'd also prefer in that case to be a Basitin myself, since... well I hate being obviously different and prefer to just be different to those who know me, aka in secret ish xD

So where would you be? Would you be a different species? What kind of a job would you have?
Let's have some fun with this! ^_^

Posted this in Comic discussion, due to it being a topic ALL ABOUT forumgoers putting themselves in the world of TwoKinds :kathrin:
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: In the world of Mekkan, Where are you?

#2 Post by DariusL »

I'd be somewhere in tiger lands, doing tiger things.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3 Post by jacobc62 »

I'd be building a race track near Lyn'knoll.

Oh, are we talking canonically, or fan-fictiony?

Because if we're talking canonically, then probably either a slave because I'm too curious for my own good and I would most likely be captured, or somewhere in one of the Keidran territories (most likely tiger lands) trying to get to know some of the tigresses around my village..... if you know what I mean... :wink:
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

I'd be a low-ranking Basitin.

In such a case, I would live a life of work, and having the ability to challenge orders I do not like, physically or mentally. Or both. I also like not having to think about what I want to do. Having somebody else think for me leaves my mind open for free thought, random contemplation, or passion for whatever I would happen to be doing. Also, less politics, more order. That, and due to the ENTIRE RACE living off of the same set of rules, the laws don't change when you go on vacation.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#5 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I'd be a dragon with the dragons. Simple as that. Maybe I'd go around causing mischief, but nothing too fancy.

Darkfur
Master

#6 Post by Darkfur »

Either my bed, a jail cell, or a business of ill-repute.
I'm not what you would call a normal guy.
Lurk moar.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Up to something illicit or very, very violent.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#8 Post by Neutral Smith »

Lyn'knoll, being Saria's father :P
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Chris
Templar

#9 Post by Chris »

I suppose it'd depend on how I got into the world.

If I was just teleported as I am right now into that world, I'd firstly wager my chance of survival would be rather low. I don't know many of the laws or customs, I don't have much in the way of survival skills, and regular manual labor isn't something I'm ready for (not to say I couldn't do physical work regularly, but it'd take a while to get both my mind and body used to it). My best chance would probably to be a human Templar/scholar. I'm someone who likes learning, I like coming up with ideas and playing with them in a relatively safe environment, and magic is fascinating. Plus a large-ish human population would probably give me a survival advantage.

If I was born and raised there, making me more accustomed to the environment and people, I'm not sure. I don't know much about the 'common life' of the various races. But I'd either pick the same as above (templar/mage), or maybe whatever passes for a wolf keidran commoner... preferably one with relatively easy access to mana stones, for learning and playing with magic. Though without really knowing what a common life is like in the wolf territories, that would just be a tentative suggestion.

TheFightingMonk

#10 Post by TheFightingMonk »

Ill probably be a human traveler. Knowledge and the search of, showing me the path to take. I would be skilled with staff fighting and hand to hand. Basic skills in magic. I would try to be able to speak both Human and Keidran. Having never traveled to Bastin held territory or having met one, I would have no need or opertoninty to learn that language.

Alitis Lupus

#11 Post by Alitis Lupus »

If as I currently am I would probably die before reaching civilisation, or if near civilisation I would learn how to be a healer as they can barter with there skill set. If I could choose what I was, I would be a wolf/eagle hybrid (80% wolf, 20% eagle), probably a slave/indentured servant or wandering healer, neutrality can mean many things. :raine:
Fear not the wolf but man for only man knows war.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#12 Post by MuonNeutrino »

If I, myself, were dropped into the world of TwoKinds as I am, I would (like most of the forumgoers, I imagine) be screwed. In RL I'm a little nerdy weedy shortsighted dude with no physical strength, martial prowess, or any skills useful for the sort of low-tech survival-oriented societies in the comic universe, even ignoring the language problem. Unless I randomly happened to encounter some uncharacteristically friendly and selfless group of people willing to help me for no return, I would be toast. I mean, in this universe people pay me to point telescopes at things! Even assuming Mekkan operates under the same physical laws, I don't think that knowledge of spiral galaxy dust distributions or computerized data analysis skills would be in much demand.

If I could pick who and where to be, I would be a human mage living in Lyn'knoll. Being the sort of person I am, I know I would be absolutely *fascinated* by magic - I would be one of those people who tries to research new spells and new ways of enchanting magical artifacts. I would want to live in Lyn'knoll obviously because it's the most open-minded and sane place we know of. And while the idea of being one of the other races *is* very interesting, ultimately I'd prefer to live longer than 20 years while still having the ability to use magic. Besides, living in Lyn'knoll I'd have plenty of opportunities to get to know and interact with the other races (which is the other reason to live there).

Kaz
Master

#13 Post by Kaz »

You asked. Bad idea.

I'd probably end up like Euchre #2. Wolf keidran, Templar. Ability to change forms. I'd probably live in/near Edinmire (hope I spelled that right).

Yeah, pretty much I'm Euchre (without family).

For some reason, I always pictured myself as something like that even before seeing Twokinds.

---

If just dropped in as I am now, I would probably go full speed to Edinmire and join the Templars. If I do a :redhair:, I'd die.

JC the Supreme Tiger
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#14 Post by JC the Supreme Tiger »

If dropped there as I were?

Depending on where I landed, and what I ended up as, go to wherever in my specie's/race's territory that is conflict free, assuming I don't end up in the slave trade, and try to start an industrial revolution.
(I probably have enough to start tinkering. It'd be interesting to see an industrial revolution in a high magic society.)

If I was born and raised there?

Probably be a tiger keidran, hanging around Tanmare, hopefully practicing magic and staying away from the keidran-human conflict.
Lurk moar; it's never enough.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by aitaituo »

If I were a human, the closest equivalent would be a peasant. If I were a basitin, then I'd still be a peasant. If I were a keidran, I'd be a hunter/herder.

I think I'd prefer to be a basitin. I like rules and regulations.