Comic page for July 9th 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lw25
Citizen

Re: Comic page for July 9th 2014

#16 Post by Lw25 »

jacobc62 wrote:They totally did it.... didn't they? 8)
I hope so! I just want to see Natani dealing with pregnancy... desperately want...

They look cute together... but to be honest, I think Natani need some help to deal with her problems... Or maybe I just want to see what is inside her brain/heart/soul/whatever.
:natani: :heart: :keith:

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#17 Post by DariusL »

Lw25 wrote: I just want to see Natani dealing with pregnancy... desperately want...

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#18 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Aww... How sweet :3

I really need to catch up on TwoKinds.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#19 Post by MuonNeutrino »

And so we see the origin of the tail brushies. It's interesting to see that it was actually *Natani* who first initiated that, not Keith. She still can't bring herself to commit to anything verbally, but her emotions just keep running off ahead without her. (It's amusing to note how much more perturbing she found that contact when she wasn't the one who initiated it!) It also makes the scene in the anniversary comic even more significant. When it was first published, before we knew about the events of this chapter, it looked like it was *Keith* who was initiating that new level of physical intimacy. Once we saw the bath scene it became obvious that it was more him responding to what *Natani* had started. Now we see that it's not only a general follow-on to the bath scene, but specifically a direct reciprocation of Natani's physical gesture here.

I think that's significant, from the point of view of Keith's mindset and the unspoken communication between the two of them about their relationship. In light of this comic, Keith's action in the anniversary comic is not only communicating the simple 'I understand, and I accept and return your affection' message that was obvious when the comic was first released, but by doing it in a way that specifically mimic's Natani's previous action, it seems to me that it's also trying to reassure her that he won't crowd her or do anything that she would be uncomfortable with. By very obviously choosing to follow her lead, it feels like he's saying that he won't push her faster than she's willing to go.

Anyway. Deep and emotional symbolism aside, this comic is also so damn cute in a bunch of other ways. Natani is just so adorably embarrassed the whole time. Whether she's looking uncertain like in the first and last panels, forced-macho to cover her embarrassment like in the second panel, or nearly panicked like in the third, her expressions are just adorable. And Keith's annoyed face in the fourth panel is hilarious - really, the expressions in this strip are just great all around. I also really like the body language. You can just *see* the combination of tension and relief in Natani's slumped shoulders in the bottom left panel, and the shifty eyes in the last three panels and Natani awkwardly turning away from Keith to fasten her vest in the first really eloquently sell the emotions.

And now that all of that is out of the way, to the important part of the post:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! :mrgreen: |D

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by SpottedKitty »

Caille wrote:
I really don't think so.
I don't think so, either. Not yet, anyway. Despite their becroggled expressions in last page's "meanwhile" panel, I'd say Natani's still hanging on by the fingerclaws to that discussion with Kathrin about "certainly never going to use mine". So far.

I've just remembered Keith's tailswipe in the anniversary chapterette — which I think we're all agreed "hasn't happened" yet? Maybe that was Keith reminding Natani about this conversation without needing to say anything out loud where Flora and Trace could hear.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21 Post by Him »

SpottedKitty wrote:
Caille wrote:
I really don't think so.
I don't think so, either.
Tom has confirmed they haven't. Even without that confirmation, it's still obvious they did not do it. Natani's vest was only slightly unbuttoned. :P

obi-wan
Templar Master

#22 Post by obi-wan »

ticoun wrote:
Lw25 wrote: I just want to see Natani dealing with pregnancy... desperately want...
I want see her so, as well
May the force be with you

Zantax
New Citizen

#23 Post by Zantax »

So they are just friends with benefits? Not the full thing I think most people wanted, but it's pretty close. I'll take it.

Also Natani seems to be enjoying it while Kieth just goes along for the ride :P
The Insane Gaming Redneck Muffin

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by avwolf »

The traitorous tail always speaks the truth. I'm sure Keith's figured that one out too, or Natani's got nothing but mixed messages. :P Of course, it's hard to know where you stand when your heart and your head disagree. Good thing for Natani her tail always knows the score.

Though I don't think "if you don't say it, it won't true" is going to work here, Natani. I would hope that I'm not the only one who doesn't have full makeout sessions with their "really good friends." "Special someone," sure. "Really good friends," eh, not so much. (Though I suppose I've got a friend or two that wouldn't have minded it.) I know, I know, coping mechanisms while one's whole worldview shifts.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by SpottedKitty »

avwolf wrote:Good thing for Natani her tail always knows the score.
Thanks, now I have to extract high-velocity egg fried rice from my keyboard.

As for shifting worldview problems, I'd say Natani's isn't just shifting, it's doing the Hokey-Cokey.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by Ketzal »

Him wrote: Tom has confirmed they haven't. Even without that confirmation, it's still obvious they did not do it. Natani's vest was only slightly unbuttoned. :P
I can't help but wonder how much they got into the makeout session to leave her vest unbuttoned like that B)

Stormlight
Merchant

#27 Post by Stormlight »

Absolutely priceless...

I'm sure that taking things as they come is a good idea at this point, but it won't be long before someone comes along and throws an enormous wrench in the convo by asking Keith or Natani (or both together) about their relationship.
Last time we saw Flora, she was headed off to see Kat with the knowledge that something was going on between the two (Even if she's wrong about exactly what that something is), and Kat is the only other person on that ship that knows Natani's secret. Maybe Flora will mention it and Kat will put the pieces together...
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are true and our hearts are open." -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#28 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:
Him wrote: Tom has confirmed they haven't. Even without that confirmation, it's still obvious they did not do it. Natani's vest was only slightly unbuttoned. :P
I can't help but wonder how much they got into the makeout session to leave her vest unbuttoned like that B)
I don't think that the vest got unbuttoned as a direct part of the making out. Only undoing the top strap doesn't really provide much access, especially considering that Nat is still wearing that cloth binding underneath. Besides, it seems like Natani was the one doing the fondling, not the other way around. Rather, I think Natani probably undid it herself due to feeling a bit... overheated. :wink: Kinda the equivalent of the *fans self with hand* gesture, perhaps.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#29 Post by TinyVoices »

You betcha that first panel is misleading without context. :roll:

I kinda like this attitude, though. Don't rush stuff, just let it simmer and take the form it wants to.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Zylver »

I knew I should turn on my laptop before I go to work... totally worth it! :grin:
Oh the irony of the last panel! :roll: And I could still repeat my comment of the previous page, because it still fits perfectly :P
Come on Natani! Don't fool yourself around! :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus