Comic for Wednesday, June 25th 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for Wednesday, June 25th 2014

#31 Post by Bellhead »

One wrote:It's nice that Tom found time to do the comic even though he was busy. What if Mrs. Nibbly is just a normal squirrel and you guys are generating crazy conspiracy theories for nothing?
What if the curtains were just blue?
This is a thing that does not happen. Ever. Sadly.
If anything happens and is noticed, it matters. Period. End of line. As much as we believe that Mrs. Nibbly is just a squirrel and not something else watching and following the group, and as much as I want it to be true for the sake of the group and the story, It's not going to happen. There IS something off about her, and we will probably find out in a few comic weeks, so.... about, what? Like two years or so? Eh. She'll come out of her shell, mark my words.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Shiru
Apprentice

#32 Post by Shiru »

Nora? No, I doubt it. We have no reason to doubt that she's going to be asleep for a while. I can't be bothered to find the exact page right now, but remember that there's a guy who can transform into (/control? idk) a horse, who told the templar not to worry about them. It seems logical the reason he said to let them go was because he was going to follow them himself, only as a squirrel instead of a horse. Mrs. Nibbly's got those same black and yellow eyes.

Edit: Found the page, it's the Master Seer.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Warrl »

Kyrit wrote:Still, I don't see Nibs being either Nora nor the Seer. Nora is always white with yellow eyes, the Seer (or what he's controlling) has always been black with yellow eyes.
I agree. However, Nora doesn't seem to be the only dragon in the world, and the fact that they refer to Master Seer implies the existence of lesser Seers so maybe Master Seer is not the only human who could possess her. And then we've seen a Mask possess someone too.
One wrote:What if Mrs. Nibbly is just a normal squirrel and you guys are generating crazy conspiracy theories for nothing?
Normal adult wild squirrels do NOT suddenly get all friendly with large canines. Doing so would have adverse effects on their life expectancy. Mrs. Nibbly is NOT a normal adult wild squirrel.

However there are four qualifiers in "normal adult wild squirrel". Which means there are a LOT of ways it could be negated.

In this thread and/or the previous-comic thread I've mentioned ways that don't call for "conspiracy theories" for her to be not-normal (a disease or parasite that alters behavior) and not-wild (a pet that got loose). I think we can forget not-adult unless she's also at least partly not-squirrel. But even for that (wild spec) perhaps she's a very young specimen of some species that happens to be born with the appearance of an adult squirrel and goes looking for a large sapient being to imprint on for protection until they grow up enough to fend for themselves.

A shapechanged dragon would, of course, be not-squirrel. A possessed squirrel would be not-normal and arguably (or partially) not-squirrel. Those are the most obvious "conspiracy theory" possibilities.

And at worst, we aren't generating "conspiracy theories" for nothing. We're doing so for the fun of it. : 8)

dzamie
Apprentice

#34 Post by dzamie »

You guys are all missing the most important part of this strip. Check panels 3 and 6; we actually got to see Mrs. Nibbly nibbling Sythe!
ImageBecause Trace is one lucky guy!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Warrl »

dzamie wrote:You guys are all missing the most important part of this strip. Check panels 3 and 6; we actually got to see Mrs. Nibbly nibbling Sythe!
Panel 3: all we see of Mrs. Nibbly is her tail. There's no evidence to date of a mouth there.

Panel 6: we don't see Mrs. Nibbly at all (that's Sythe's ponytail with the blue tie). However, in panel 5 she's sitting on the sword on Raine's lap so is not in range to nibble Sythe.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#36 Post by AmigaDragon »

SpottedKitty wrote:Is it just me, or is Raine's enchanted shackle a bit more glowy and sparkly than we've ever seen it, even before it was broken? And is there any glowy-sparkly-magic connection with her apparently losing the cut and bandage on her stomach?
Lost? Or is the bandage just pushed up under her chest wrap (helping hold it up)?

Is Sythe forgetting Raine has ears like his? Are hers somehow more sensitive than his?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#37 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Warrl wrote:Panel 6: we don't see Mrs. Nibbly at all (that's Sythe's ponytail with the blue tie).
Although there is a bite mark on the end of it

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#38 Post by jacobc62 »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Warrl wrote:Panel 6: we don't see Mrs. Nibbly at all (that's Sythe's ponytail with the blue tie).
Although there is a bite mark on the end of it
..... That's been there since Ms. Nibbly bit it before they captured Zen.....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Kyrit
Templar

#39 Post by Kyrit »

AmigaDragon wrote:
SpottedKitty wrote:Is it just me, or is Raine's enchanted shackle a bit more glowy and sparkly than we've ever seen it, even before it was broken? And is there any glowy-sparkly-magic connection with her apparently losing the cut and bandage on her stomach?
Lost? Or is the bandage just pushed up under her chest wrap (helping hold it up)?
I'd actually chalk it up to the fact that Tom just forgot to draw it in since he said he rushed the page. It's still in place on the page before this one, and I doubt her wound has already healed via magic since Red actually comments "you're already hurt"

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#40 Post by BadFoMo »

The Mrs. Nibbly Conspiracy Theories So Far wrote:1. She is a Dragon in disguise.
2. She is an adult Squirrel with a behavior/mind altering disease.
3. She is a pet that got lost in the woods.
4. She is not actually an adult Squirrel, but a baby of another species which got separated from its family.
5. She is actually a puppet of the Master Seer who is spying on Group B.
6. She is actually a puppet of a Seer lower down in the Templar foodchain who is spying on Group B in secret.
I would like to add my own theories to this list.

Similar to theories 5 and 6, she is a puppet for either Euchre or Mary in order to keep tabs on their daughter, or she is a puppet for either Sythe's uncle or The Brotherhood in order to keep tabs on the target and/or the assassin they sent.

My next theory is more of a crackpot theory for 4. Tom once said something about wanting a Rabbit race of Keidran. Maybe this “Squirrel” is actually the un-evolved baby form of this race.

15:14 Tom I apologize in advance for the cruddy quality of today's comic. I literally did it in about 5 hours, as that's all the hours I could spare.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Tom. You have fans who like your comics so much that they will probably edit out any mistakes they find themselves. You know, just like how the fans of Highlander made a fan edit of Highlander II: The Quickening.

/me proceeds to hide from the incoming bricks.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#41 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Maybe Mrs. Nibbly is actually Sythe, but Sythe got turned into a squirrel gurrel?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#42 Post by Zylver »

BadFoMo wrote:
The Mrs. Nibbly Conspiracy Theories So Far wrote:1. She is a Dragon in disguise.
2. She is an adult Squirrel with a behavior/mind altering disease.
3. She is a pet that got lost in the woods.
4. She is not actually an adult Squirrel, but a baby of another species which got separated from its family.
5. She is actually a puppet of the Master Seer who is spying on Group B.
6. She is actually a puppet of a Seer lower down in the Templar foodchain who is spying on Group B in secret.
I would like to add my own theories to this list.

Similar to theories 5 and 6, she is a puppet for either Euchre or Mary in order to keep tabs on their daughter, or she is a puppet for either Sythe's uncle or The Brotherhood in order to keep tabs on the target and/or the assassin they sent.

My next theory is more of a crackpot theory for 4. Tom once said something about wanting a Rabbit race of Keidran. Maybe this “Squirrel” is actually the un-evolved baby form of this race.
I think you can strike out Theory 5 and 6, because some stated on one of the streams that Mrs. Nibbly is not possessed. He wrote this generally, which means neither Templar, nor anyone else has influence over our lovely little squirrel :squirrel: :P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

vevans0009
New Citizen

#43 Post by vevans0009 »

The sooner Raine gets out of that "form", the better. Very creepy. :?

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#44 Post by Him »

Zylver wrote:nor anyone else has influence over our lovely little squirrel :squirrel: :P
She's just evil all on her own... Anything that adorable is up to something. Rule #4, don't trust something that's adorable.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#45 Post by Zylver »

Him wrote:Rule #4, don't trust something that's adorable.
That is why I always wanted a pet-Reaper :P Always grumpy-knows-everything-better, ready to eradicate everyone around itself, but in a tiny version so it could be hugged :grin:

Back on topic, I still secretly hope that Mrs. Nibbly is a dragon |D even tough the yellow eye issue, which is possessed both by Lady Nora and the Master Seer's pets :P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus