Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic Page for Wednesday, June 11th 2014

#136 Post by Bellhead »

BadFoMo wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:
Warrl wrote:Personally, I consider those slightly inferior to getting nothing at all.
It's better than beach filler.
I'm sorry, but as much as I like fan service fillers, I have to agree with TinyVoices.

Also, (with the exception of those moments where a character's ultimate fate come into question) how would finding out more about the fictional world the story takes place in be slightly inferior to getting nothing at all?
I'm inclined to agree.
Tom has gone to great lengths to add some rather deep detail to this world, more than will ever be able to be shown in-comic. These details can and will add another level of realism to the comic, adding to this society's role in the hearts and minds of the people each of the characters interacts with, and can play a mojor role in who may befriend our misfit band of heroes.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Ponjos
Citizen

#137 Post by Ponjos »

JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:
whiskeyfur wrote:Wait..... Mrs. Nibbly.. Mrs.. mrs...
Does that mean the little rodent is cheating on her husband here by running around with a keidran?
Not according to the character page...
I literally had to go and check the character page to see if you were kidding.
I seriously lol'd for thirty seconds realizing Mrs. Nibbly has an entry.

Ponjos - Reader since comic #455.
This is a useful guide to BB Code.
Are you always stressed out? Click here and learn how to feel better.
Also, if you click this link I get a free Video Game Album!
(These links are NOT Spam or Viral.)

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#138 Post by BadFoMo »

In the IRC on 6-24-14, BadFoMo and Tom wrote:(12:49:26 PM) BadFoMo: Hey, Tom. While you're more or less here, I recently re-pitched my idea for ‘Lore Filler’ in the latest comic discussion thread, and I was wondering what you thought of the idea. http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 30#p794730
(12:49:28 PM) Alaric: Title: Twokinds Forums View topic - Comic Page for Wednesday, June 11th 2014 (at twokinds.net)
(12:50:25 PM) Tom: That is certainly an interesting idea.
(12:51:13 PM) BadFoMo: So you like it?
(12:54:44 PM) Tom: Yeah
(12:56:18 PM) BadFoMo: Cool.
(12:58:45 PM) BadFoMo: So does that mean we may see some one of these day?
(1:09:15 PM) Tom: Maybe
(1:09:29 PM) Tom: At the moment I'm too busy to do anything but work.
We have a definite maybe!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#139 Post by Schrodinger »

BadFoMo wrote:
In the IRC on 6-24-14, BadFoMo and Tom wrote:(12:49:26 PM) BadFoMo: Hey, Tom. While you're more or less here, I recently re-pitched my idea for ‘Lore Filler’ in the latest comic discussion thread, and I was wondering what you thought of the idea. http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 30#p794730
(12:49:28 PM) Alaric: Title: Twokinds Forums View topic - Comic Page for Wednesday, June 11th 2014 (at twokinds.net)
(12:50:25 PM) Tom: That is certainly an interesting idea.
(12:51:13 PM) BadFoMo: So you like it?
(12:54:44 PM) Tom: Yeah
(12:56:18 PM) BadFoMo: Cool.
(12:58:45 PM) BadFoMo: So does that mean we may see some one of these day?
(1:09:15 PM) Tom: Maybe
(1:09:29 PM) Tom: At the moment I'm too busy to do anything but work.
We have a definite maybe!
Well he's done lore pics before, but not as filler.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#140 Post by Warrl »

I don't recall if this has been mentioned, but it is seriously odd for an adult squirrel to be that friendly with a canine. (A feline would be no better.)

I wonder what Mrs. Nibbly's backstory really is.

If she was previously a pet (and has learned from a very young age that keidran, at least the canine ones, are friendly), her merely surviving in the forest, let alone looking that healthy, is improbable - unless she got out of somewhere very nearby very recently.

On the other hand, if she's a shapeshifted dragon, or possessed by something/someone...

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#141 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

If Mrs Nibbly is indeed someone else spying on them, it doesn't make sense to me for her to approach the group and act so conspicuously. It would make more sense for her to just keep watching them from the trees unnoticed.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#142 Post by Warrl »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:If Mrs Nibbly is indeed someone else spying on them, it doesn't make sense to me for her to approach the group and act so conspicuously.
Oh?

She can:
a) try to keep up with creatures whose FEET are each about the size of her entire body
b) while finding food for herself (optional depending on just what she is)
c) while also either hiding from predators or fighting them off
d) so that she can watch and listen from a distance
e) without being spotted.

Or, "she" can
a) have them carry her
b) and possibly feed her
c) while frightening off most predators that would be an issue for her, just by their sheer size
d) so that she can watch and listen from right in the middle of the group
e) and nobody thinks anything of it.

Now look at what Lieutenant Adelaide, one of the Basitins' best spies, is doing with the other group...
a) they are transporting her, so she can easily keep up with them.
b) they are feeding her, so she doesn't have to acquire or carry her own food
c) she is exactly as safe from pirates and other predators as they are
d) she's as much in the midst of them (most of the time) as anyone else on the ship
e) and nobody thinks she's anything other than a stowaway kid.

Looks pretty much like the same approach to me.

On the other hand, if Mrs. Nibbly actually is just a squirrel with some form of dementia or mis-training that causes her to love large bipedal carnivores with fangs the size of her head... she'd act pretty much the same way (until she loved the wrong one, at which point she'd act like an appetizer).

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#143 Post by AmigaDragon »

Bellhead wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:It's better than beach filler.
I'm sorry, but as much as I like fan service fillers, I have to agree with TinyVoices.

Also, (with the exception of those moments where a character's ultimate fate come into question) how would finding out more about the fictional world the story takes place in be slightly inferior to getting nothing at all?
I'm inclined to agree.
Tom has gone to great lengths to add some rather deep detail to this world, more than will ever be able to be shown in-comic. These details can and will add another level of realism to the comic, adding to this society's role in the hearts and minds of the people each of the characters interacts with, and can play a mojor role in who may befriend our misfit band of heroes.
This would be nice, like Ralph Hayes Junior's Tales of the Questor had a long stretch of Rac Cona background posed as Ennias Longscript's Journal. While it was nice to have all that background added, I started getting a little anxious for the regular story to continue (which it occasionally did between journal pages). The Journal and story are now separate entities in the archives, I believe.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen