-

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic Page for Wednesday, June 11th 2014

#121 Post by BadJoke »

BadFoMo wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:I think it would be funny if the scene after Zen wakes up goes something like this:

Zen: What's going on?
Red: Ha! Thought you could really just waltz in and kill us!? Now you're all ours!
Zen: *Looks around* Then where's my br- er I mean yes yes heheh. Darn you got me!
Red: Where's your what?
Zen: Nothing. You did an amazing job catching a trained assassin, though. Yup, pretty hard to trap an assassin, but you caught one all right. You must feel pretty proud of yourself.
Group B: Uh... yes? *Slowly grow paranoid*
Oh, that would screw with our heroes so badly. I love it! Now the real question is if Zen is smart/good/lucky enough to pull that off.
I doubt it would be that smart. Let's imagine the rest of the dialogue:
Zen: What make you think I'm really alone? 8)
Red: Nobody covered your back and you're our prisoner since hours and nobody tried to help. Either your a very bad liar or your "friends" have left already.
Zen: A... I... Oh come on! :evil:
Red: Even for me that was dumb.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#122 Post by Zylver »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GOD:
Tom wrote:Sorry for all the delays, I know it's really annoying. Several factors are at play: firstly, a huge twokinds-related side project, and the upcoming Comic-Con in July, which are related. I'm trying to work on the comics too, though. Please stand-by. Really sorry it's taking so long. Edit: Oh, also a lot of book shipping, too.
I hope it is the side comic he showed us during his last stream :roll: Eager to see how will that turn out 8)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#123 Post by Gotheran »

Zylver wrote:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GOD:
Tom wrote:Sorry for all the delays, I know it's really annoying. Several factors are at play: firstly, a huge twokinds-related side project, and the upcoming Comic-Con in July, which are related. I'm trying to work on the comics too, though. Please stand-by. Really sorry it's taking so long. Edit: Oh, also a lot of book shipping, too.
I hope it is the side comic he showed us during his last stream :roll: Eager to see how will that turn out 8)
I love how he keeps apologizing out of every orifice when most of us here would be content with an update a month sometimes.

bejoja
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#124 Post by bejoja »

Tom wrote:Sorry for all the delays, I know it's really annoying. Several factors are at play: firstly, a huge twokinds-related side project, and the upcoming Comic-Con in July, which are related. I'm trying to work on the comics too, though. Really sorry it's taking so long. Edit: Oh, also a lot of book shipping, too.
Does anybody know which Comic Con he is talking about? Is it the one in London? If so I can go/meet him! :D

CLA
Traveler

#125 Post by CLA »

Hehe, that's our Tom alright ^^
He's always caring about us and is concerned he might upset us. It makes him all the more likeable :D
And Tom, if you read this, you shouldn't worry so much. It's not annoying at all because it's always worth the wait ^_^
"You can't blame gravity for falling in love" ~Albert Einstein

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#126 Post by Him »

I can respect that.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#127 Post by Bellhead »

Him wrote:
I can respect that.
Second'd.
Tom, take as much time as you need. All we need is proof that you're still alive, and since we have that, we're all good. Thanks for the news.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#128 Post by BadFoMo »

Bellhead wrote:
Him wrote:
I can respect that.
Second'd.
Tom, take as much time as you need. All we need is proof that you're still alive, and since we have that, we're all good. Thanks for the news.
I consider his death not being announced and the rest of the plot not being posted anywhere as proof enough that he is not dead, but this is good too.

Anyway, if you really feel bad about not being able to create and upload a comic on time, there is always that ‘Lore Filler’ idea I pitched a while ago. Just simply sketch something like a weapon, a set of armor, an aerial view of a town, a random person, an animal, foliage, whatever, and just make up some bull crap story which expands upon the world you have created which would otherwise have little to no way of getting to your readers. For example…
Geography & History wrote:
[Insert aerial]
[...view of...]
[.Ditteridge.]
[.....here.....]
Located deep within Snow Wolf territory, the Human village of Ditteridge is an unusual case of Keidran-Human cooperation. It was originally humanity's farthest colony, built during the Great Expansion of the Human Empire. However, after the expansion ended, Keidran began reclaiming their territory, and Ditteridge found itself stranded. The snow wolves were just in the process of sending warriors to claim the village when an unusually severe winter storm blew through the area. The wolf soldiers caught out in the storm were forced to seek refuge. The Human villagers, unaware the wolves were sent to destroy them, sheltered the soldiers in their own homes and kept them alive through a winter that lasted an entire year. By the time spring finally came again, nearly 400 days later, the wolves no longer felt like destroying anything.

The Keidran allowed the village to stand, and although it is technically still a Human village and supported by the Human Empire, it's population is actually over 60% Wolf Keidran now. The village is notable as the only Human settlement that legally allows (and even culturally encourages) marriage between Humans and Wolf Keidran, at least at the local level. Due to its remote location and harsh environment - and because they brings in valuable trade with the Snow Wolves - the Templar have not made any serious effort in trying to enforce their anti-Keidran laws on the village, yet.
Basitin Culture wrote:
[Insert picture]
[...of Basitin...]
[....child or....]
[children here]
I believe in one of your UStreams you said something about how it was socially acceptable for the children to run around with their feet uncovered and somewhere else something about how they start training for the military at a young age. Just expand upon that and put it here.
Keidran Physiology wrote:
[Insert picture]
[..of a Food..]
[Pyramid here]
In another one of your UStreams you said something about how Keidran are not carnivores and can eat fruits and vegetables as long as they don't have starch in them. Once again, just expand upon that and put it here.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#129 Post by TinyVoices »

BadFoMo wrote:dat lore doh
The random things someone comes up with about their world...

That stuff makes it seem pretty life like, though. I never knew that Keidran can eat food stuffs that were not meat. This is an interesting and relevant piece of info.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#130 Post by MuonNeutrino »

BadFoMo wrote:<story about the human/keidran village of Ditteridge>
Just as an aside, is that a story you just invented as an example, or is it something you got from Tom at some point? I would really like to know if that's canon, and if so, I would love to hear more.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#131 Post by BadFoMo »

MuonNeutrino wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:<story about the human/keidran village of Ditteridge>
Just as an aside, is that a story you just invented as an example, or is it something you got from Tom at some point? I would really like to know if that's canon, and if so, I would love to hear more.
I do believe it is canon, but I'm afraid that's all we are going to get.

Also, on a somewhat related note, perhaps the aerial views of the different places could be something like the drawings in the ‘Ultima IV Clue Book’. Just put roofs on all of the buildings and you'd be set.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#132 Post by Bellhead »

[quote="BadFoMostory link.[/quote]I sure hope it is. Given that the date on that post is in 2012, I doubt he would change it so soon, and likely added this more recently than some of his older work, such as Trace's Keidran hand.
I'd be willing to bet that this will remain cannon, though it may or may not come up in the story. Might bring up some interesting conflicts, though...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#133 Post by Warrl »

BadFoMo wrote:Anyway, if you really feel bad about not being able to create and upload a comic on time, there is always that ‘Lore Filler’ idea I pitched a while ago. Just simply sketch something like a weapon, a set of armor, an aerial view of a town, a random person, an animal, foliage, whatever, and just make up some bull crap story which expands upon the world you have created which would otherwise have little to no way of getting to your readers.
Personally, I consider those slightly inferior to getting nothing at all.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#134 Post by TinyVoices »

Warrl wrote:Personally, I consider those slightly inferior to getting nothing at all.
It's better than beach filler.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#135 Post by BadFoMo »

TinyVoices wrote:
Warrl wrote:Personally, I consider those slightly inferior to getting nothing at all.
It's better than beach filler.
I'm sorry, but as much as I like fan service fillers, I have to agree with TinyVoices.

Also, (with the exception of those moments where a character's ultimate fate come into question) how would finding out more about the fictional world the story takes place in be slightly inferior to getting nothing at all?