Comic Page for Friday, June 6th 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaz
Master

Re: Comic Page for Friday, June 6th 2014

#46 Post by Kaz »

What will Karen do when she awakes now (provided Raine doesn't change between now and then)?

Also, IMO the "impure" form looks a little ... strange. But, still cute.

"Half-transformed Raine is half-transformed"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#47 Post by Schrodinger »

Sage Asuka wrote:...if it wasn't for my Laura avatar streak since I first joined I would be switching for a panel of this comic right now. Raine is hitting my 'kemonomimi' love. Even with the fuzzy feets.
Come now, live a little dangerously.

What was it the spider said to the fly...

Jan125
Citizen

#48 Post by Jan125 »

Yawww, damn, now that's even cuter than before. :P

Lw25
Citizen

#49 Post by Lw25 »

Schrodinger wrote:
Sage Asuka wrote:...if it wasn't for my Laura avatar streak since I first joined I would be switching for a panel of this comic right now. Raine is hitting my 'kemonomimi' love. Even with the fuzzy feets.

JC the Supreme Tiger
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#50 Post by JC the Supreme Tiger »

Cue random speculation coming from some relevant baseball position:

1. The fact that Raine reverted to this in-between form, is an indicator that this might be her natural form, as a half-human-half-keidran.

2. If #1, the fact that she reverted to this half-form and not one or the other is because of Neutral changing da rules.

3. Staying in this form is much more stable than her staying in either full human or full keidran forms, meaning that if she chooses to stay like this, she might not have to worry about random shiftings.

4. In this form she has access to templar magic and might (big might (most likely impossible might)) be able to revive the other girls without the help of Zen and an antidote.

End random speculation coming from some relevant baseball position.
Lurk moar; it's never enough.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#51 Post by Sage Asuka »

Schrodinger wrote:
One does not simply break a six year tradition opo;

I'll figure a way to sneak her in my signature maybe because GAH Raine is just all sorts of adorable with those ears and the tail and the paws QvQ
Image Image Image Image

CLA
Traveler

#52 Post by CLA »

Tendo wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:inb4 neko means cat, not wuff
Actually, I hate that term because it just means "cat" in Japanese and not "cat person" or anything like that, like everyone seems to have adopted it to mean, not because Raine is a wolf :P

It's the equivalent of if there was a Japanese show about werewolves, and they named the race "dogs"
Schrodinger wrote:Kemonomimi. The term you are looking for is kemonomimi, meaning "animal ears." Though, even that isn't entirely correct in this case.
I would propose to use the term "hanbunookami", "hanbunningen" or "ookamionna". "Hanbun" means "half", "ookami" means wolf and "ningen" means human (and I know that the word "Hanbunningen" exists and means half-human, so I think it's legit). "Ookamionna" would mean "Wolf-woman".
JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:Cue random speculation coming from some relevant baseball position:

1. The fact that Raine reverted to this in-between form, is an indicator that this might be her natural form, as a half-human-half-keidran.
Agreed. It really appears to be the most stable state, that one she can accomplish without focusing either way. That would still leave the question why she unwillingly transformed into her wolf form if this in-between form is the most stable one? My assumption would be that when her cuffs broke, the suppression spell stopped working and she realized she transformed... she just panicked. Like, when someone tells you to not think about an elephant and you do think about one immediately, she just pictured herself turning into a keidran and thus she herself was the reason for the full-transformation.
JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:2. If #1, the fact that she reverted to this half-form and not one or the other is because of Neutral changing da rules.
That could be possible... and it would explain why she never transformed into her in-between form before, when her cuffs were opened. Another possibility is, that as long as the suppression spell was intact it caused some kind of magical feedback that forced her into her keidran form as soon as someone opened her cuffs.
JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:4. In this form she has access to templar magic and might (big might (most likely impossible might)) be able to revive the other girls without the help of Zen and an antidote.
That's an interesting point I was already wondering about... she is half-human-half-keidran now and there are quite some possibilities now what that could mean for her magical skills.
1. As long as she is not full-human she might not be able to use any kind of magic, which means she would only be able to use magic if she learns to turn into human-form willingly or
2. Maybe she is able to use her whole magical potential in this form, now that the suppression spell isn't obstructing her abilities anymore or
3. Maybe she can use magic in this form, but it would be a weaker form of magic.
The overall problem would still be that she was never trained to use magic. Even if she could use magic in this form, she still wouldn't know exactly how to use it... in regard of this I wouldn't try to use it on Karen and Maren if I were her... she could do more harm to them...
"You can't blame gravity for falling in love" ~Albert Einstein

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#53 Post by Schrodinger »

CLA wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Kemonomimi. The term you are looking for is kemonomimi, meaning "animal ears." Though, even that isn't entirely correct in this case.
I would propose to use the term "hanbunookami", "hanbunningen" or "ookamionna". "Hanbun" means "half", "ookami" means wolf and "ningen" means human (and I know that the word "Hanbunningen" exists and means half-human, so I think it's legit). "Ookamionna" would mean "Wolf-woman".
So how about we settle on calling her a werewolf?

Kitch
Apprentice

#54 Post by Kitch »

Raine as a wolfgirl is awesome.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#55 Post by AzeNaku »

Sage Asuka wrote:I'll figure a way to sneak her in my signature maybe because GAH Raine is just all sorts of adorable with those ears and the tail and the paws QvQ
I get the feeling I'll need to make an "Asuka x Raine" fanbar soon. :wink:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Astehnir
Traveler

#56 Post by Astehnir »

Anyone notice Sythe's ears while Raine tries to transform the rest of her body back to human form? Nice little detail there ^^
Draco sum; Draci nil a me alienum puto est.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#57 Post by AmigaDragon »

JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:Cue random speculation coming from some relevant baseball position:
What?!
4. In this form she has access to templar magic and might (big might (most likely impossible might)...
Not so small please! It's impossible to read. Keep it up to 50% minimum.
CLA wrote:2. Maybe she is able to use her whole magical potential in this form, now that the suppression spell isn't obstructing her abilities anymore or
3. Maybe she can use magic in this form, but it would be a weaker form of magic.
The overall problem would still be that she was never trained to use magic.
With the shackles, she did accidentally do a group teleport, albeit a short distance. Doing that under suppression tells me she has some significant power.
Schrodinger wrote:So how about we settle on calling her a werewolf?
Too much negative implication under that label. Her personality doesn't seem to change any with her different forms, just her willingness to beany of the fuzzy ones ("I'm human!").
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#58 Post by Schrodinger »

AmigaDragon wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:So how about we settle on calling her a werewolf?
Too much negative implication under that label. Her personality doesn't seem to change any with her different forms, just her willingness to beany of the fuzzy ones ("I'm human!").
Wikipedia wrote:A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope... is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction...
Werewolf, from the Old English werwulf literally meaning "man-wolf." She fits by the above definition. What negative implication are you speaking of?

JMadoc
Master

#59 Post by JMadoc »

Raine, your mother said "if you calm down". You're still not calm.

Breathe in, breathe out, count to ten, stroke a cat.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#60 Post by Schrodinger »

JMadoc wrote:Raine, your mother said "if you calm down". You're still not calm.

Breathe in, breathe out, count to ten, stroke a cat.
Pet Sythe, I'm sure he'll just love that.

Yes, read again and you'll see that Raine stops her transformation after she's noticed it going on. She's so excited about being human again that it might be interfering with the shift.