Comic Page for Friday, June 6th 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gadvac
Traveler

Re: Comic Page for Friday, June 6th 2014

#16 Post by Gadvac »

Nice magical girl transformation, Raine. I have to agree, she looks pretty cute in midway form. Please let this last, Tom.
Also, note the fangs. Are those just exaggerated human canines or are those keidran fangs?

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#17 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Gadvac wrote:Nice magical girl transformation, Raine. I have to agree, she looks pretty cute in midway form. Please let this last, Tom.
Also, note the fangs. Are those just exaggerated human canines or are those keidran fangs?
Well, while she was transforming last time, the stage that most closely matches the way she is now is in the last few panels of comic 680. She seems to have exaggerated canines there too, so I'm guessing she's retaining a bit of the keidran fangs.

It's interesting to look at how Tom has drawn Raine here and compare her to the other human females we've seen. (Which I guess would pretty much be Maren, Karen, Saria, and Mary.) I'm not sure if it's just evolution in his drawing style or if he's doing it on purpose, but to me something about the way Raine is drawn here makes her seem very young, especially in the second panel. That makes perfect sense given that she's only 18, but somehow she looks almost younger even than Karen. Regardless, she manages to look just as cute in this form as the other. Even if I can almost never articulate what is actually different about the art, I really like how Tom manages to give those subtle shades of individuality to the characters.

Anyway, I think Raine needs to stop freaking out over her transformation and start paying a bit of attention to her clothes if she doesn't want to suffer a 'wardrobe malfunction' in front of the other two! :shock: Obviously Raine must be a bit stockier in keidran form, between the fur and whatever changes there may be in body structure. Not only is the cloth tied around her chest suddenly loose, but her shorts seem to be threatening to fall down as well. I wonder if she's actually going to put her normal clothes back on at some point? Judging from the color the cloth tied around her chest is her shirt, but there was also a pair of greyish-brown pants she was wearing immediately after they escaped from the village. They seem to have taken pieces of her shirt to tie up her injuries, so depending on how ripped up it is she might not be able to wear it normally anymore, but where did the pants go? And for that matter, what *is* that piece of green clothing they left by the river? And why was she wearing her shirt that way anyway - shorts make sense if she was wading in the river, but why tie the shirt on in that awkward manner? Raine's clothing is kinda a mystery...

Anyone else notice that the bandage on her arm has migrated to her upper arm instead of the lower?

Josh.C
Citizen

#18 Post by Josh.C »

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is a sign of her two inherited sides balancing out with each other.

Though she did seem to inherit her fathers shapeshifting magic, I wonder if it was less the gods were punishing them and more of her two sides coming into stability with one another.

This may very well give us some ideas on what we'll see when Flora has her child or some idea how their child will mature as they grow older.

BallsMcGee94

#19 Post by BallsMcGee94 »

I had to make an account just so I could comment on this page. It. Looks. Awesome. Raine looks really good in the half transformed body!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#20 Post by tony1695 »

I think Red would have been okay had he been meaning to say 'wolf'. After all, that's technically what Raine turns into, and he could defend himself with the argument that he prefers humans over Keidran.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21 Post by Him »

TinyVoices wrote:
ticoun wrote:
Rafe wrote:Huh. Maybe it's just me, but her human breasts look smaller than her Keidran ones.
The fur adds a cup size. ;)
Floofy boobs provide a warm pillow. :roll:
Fluffy boobs are also great hand warmers.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#22 Post by tony1695 »

Him wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:
ticoun wrote:
Rafe wrote:Huh. Maybe it's just me, but her human breasts look smaller than her Keidran ones.
The fur adds a cup size. ;)
Floofy boobs provide a warm pillow. :roll:
Fluffy boobs are also great hand warmers.
Say that around Natani, see how long until she mauls you to death.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#23 Post by Him »

tony1695 wrote:
Him wrote:Fluffy boobs are also great hand warmers.
Say that around Natani, see how long until she mauls you to death.
I think that it would be worth it.

Anyways, back on topic! Mrs. Nibbly is getting more adorable. Honestly, she seems to be the only one that actually cares for Sythe. Hmm... can we ship it?

HeckobA
Master

#24 Post by HeckobA »

TinyVoices wrote:Neko Raine isn't quite as adorable as expected. :P
,___,
(O.o)
/),,,)
-"--"--
ORLY?
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#25 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Him wrote:Mrs. Nibbly is getting more adorable. Honestly, she seems to be the only one that actually cares for Sythe. Hmm... can we ship it?
:squirrel: :heart: :sythe: There, done.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#26 Post by Him »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: :squirrel: :heart: :sythe: There, done.
Harder, ship it harder. :roll: That's way too easy.

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#27 Post by Blue Phoenix »

jacobc62 wrote:Also.... Is it just me or does Raine look a little off in the second panel because of how long Tom's been drawing her as a wolf now?
I think her face was a little longer in the past. Other than that, she looks about the same.
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.

Bakiin

#28 Post by Bakiin »

Ohhh, so close. Lovin' Raine's updated human look. Great expressions :)

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#29 Post by CrRAR »

It's pages like these that make you reeeally realisticly envision 2Kinds in animation. Panels 4-6 are awesome!

Raine's new form will have the boys questioning themselves quite a bit no doubt.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Tendo
Master

#30 Post by Tendo »

Huh, didn't think it would have been possible to only go halfway like that. I assumed when a transformation started whether it happens slow or fast it either will eventually finish (or if the person can stop it like Raine initially tried to do when she first started transforming at this camp) reverse itself back, not get stuck half-way.

I kinda wonder if her being stuck halfway like this has anything to do with her basically being a human/keidran hybrid (and could possibly be a hint at what Trace and Flora's child might look like)
AndreRhineDavis wrote:Also, as for Raine being in this halfway state, I personally find her more attractive like this than in either pure human or pure keidran form. But that's just my personal taste.
Me too actually... and I WAS going to say "but we are probably in the minority on that" but then I saw everyone else saying "me too" soooooo never-mind. :raine:
TinyVoices wrote:inb4 neko means cat, not wuff
Actually, I hate that term because it just means "cat" in Japanese and not "cat person" or anything like that, like everyone seems to have adopted it to mean, not because Raine is a wolf :P

It's the equivalent of if there was a Japanese show about werewolves, and they named the race "dogs"