Reasons.

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Reasons.

#1 Post by Him »

What made you decide to stay and read Twokinds? What made you committed to the comic? Everybody has their reasons and I personally am curious.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Reasons.

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

Picking apart the comic to analyse the themes and character motivations to later share them here on the forum. I'm nowhere near as verbose as avwolf but I can match him on an analytical level.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

My first and most imortant reason for me staying with Twokinds shall remain a closely kept secret to the day I die.

Beyond that, in a much more accessable level, is that I love the way Tom has brought the characters to life. He has done an absolutely spectacular job of storytelling that I haven't seen hardly anywhere else, and the art that goes with it tells a story all it's own. In fact, I'd probably still read it without the words, because his facial expressions are flat-out the best I have ever seen, anywhere. Even in real life. They convey so much thought and emotion, with only a few subtle lines, or a slight color change, even with backround colors..

It's just the way Tom does what he does. It's just beyond words how well everything becomes real, and how he brings life to the pages.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#4 Post by TinyVoices »

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#5 Post by Him »

TinyVoices, I did not see one. If there is a thread like this that you find, by all means, flag it for deletion. Sadly I am new and possibly overlooked it.

Dak Ramsin
New Citizen

#6 Post by Dak Ramsin »

I stayed because of Keith, and later because of Natani and Keith. He was just so much more interesting (to me) than the other two main characters, and I wanted to see where his story arc went.
Meet people where they are, not where you think they should be.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#7 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I just enjoy the story. I don't know why, but it's what's keeping me here.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#8 Post by Him »

Those reasons are good enough as any.

BillyreadsTwoKinds
Citizen

#9 Post by BillyreadsTwoKinds »

I read it since I found out Tom was related to Markiplier, and I thought, "Why not give the comic a shot?"

So I started reading, and I will admit, I was instantly hooked. But despite that, I have trouble reading through any chapter before Chapter 7, just due to the random storylines in the first half. I mean, everything to do with Emphemural was a complete mess of random plot and confusion for me. I remember thinking that I had accidentally skipped a chapter when Flora was possessed.

I think the reason I am still here... Well, :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: I wonder why I love this comic? Holy crap, do I love Keith's character in this comic. He is, by far, the most developed character in the story, having a fully explained backstory, actual resolutions to his story, a personality that actually causes events... Although I admit, that one page where Keith and Natani fall on top of each other when they first meet... That sealed the deal for me.

Admittedly, at the time, I, like most readers, thought Natani was a male, and my thoughts were along the lines of, 'An author that actually uses homosexual tones in the story!?' Personally, I loved that, and even when I found out about Natani's whole gender/sex problem, I was too hooked to stop.

Don't even get me started on the Basitin Saga... Holy [censored] crap, that was by far my favourite part of the comic so far, for very obvious reasons.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and see how many people wonder how you did it!

So I do Youtube in my spare time. Have 1690 Subs and counting. Swing by if you're interested - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKk9H ... ONr6P5UGXQ

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#10 Post by Him »

BillyreadsTwoKinds wrote:I read it since I found out Tom was related to Markiplier, and I thought, "Why not give the comic a shot?"

So I started reading, and I will admit, I was instantly hooked. But despite that, I have trouble reading through any chapter before Chapter 7, just due to the random storylines in the first half. I mean, everything to do with Emphemural was a complete mess of random plot and confusion for me. I remember thinking that I had accidentally skipped a chapter when Flora was possessed.

I think the reason I am still here... Well, :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: I wonder why I love this comic? Holy crap, do I love Keith's character in this comic. He is, by far, the most developed character in the story, having a fully explained backstory, actual resolutions to his story, a personality that actually causes events... Although I admit, that one page where Keith and Natani fall on top of each other when they first meet... That sealed the deal for me.

Admittedly, at the time, I, like most readers, thought Natani was a male, and my thoughts were along the lines of, 'An author that actually uses homosexual tones in the story!?' Personally, I loved that, and even when I found out about Natani's whole gender/sex problem, I was too hooked to stop.

Don't even get me started on the Basitin Saga... Holy [censored] crap, that was by far my favourite part of the comic so far, for very obvious reasons.
The Basitin island arc was my favorite part of the comic as well. For several different reasons. The main reason being that it really fed into my Keith and Natani addiction.

ajwilli1
Apprentice

#11 Post by ajwilli1 »

Him wrote:
BillyreadsTwoKinds wrote:I read it since I found out Tom was related to Markiplier, and I thought, "Why not give the comic a shot?"

The Basitin island arc was my favorite part of the comic as well. For several different reasons. The main reason being that it really fed into my Keith and Natani addiction.
Yeah Keith is easily my favorite character. He has the most life experience, doesn't do those "stupid" decisions that many side-characters in other stories do, and he's also quick-witted(see Bastion "Black Magic").

I'm just shocked that the two main-protagonists still haven't gotten the whole backstory treatment(Mainly talking about Flora on this one). I think I like Trace better when he goes on his whole, "I AM GOD! MWAHAHAHAHAH!" bits when he gets really pissed.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#12 Post by Him »

Natani is easily my favorite character. Though Keith is a close second. Honestly, I can't even begin to wonder how much Tom will make me love the characters more. He's been doing a fine job so far.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#13 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Him wrote:Natani is easily my favorite character. Though Keith is a close second. Honestly,
I don't know, Sythe is pretty cool in my opinion.
Natani and Keith are my favorite ship, but I really don't have a favorite character.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#14 Post by Him »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Him wrote:Natani is easily my favorite character. Though Keith is a close second. Honestly,
I don't know, Sythe is pretty cool in my opinion.
Natani and Keith are my favorite ship, but I really don't have a favorite character.
To each their own.

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#15 Post by Blue Phoenix »

I personally enjoy a good plot and interesting character backgrounds (of which I'm sure Tom will probably dive into even further for many of the characters). A good plot is what makes a book captivating and a movie that much more entertaining. Great characters lead to the ability to comprehend and relate to their point of views, an important detail that can turn a maniacal monster into a tragic villain. Have them both like Twokinds has and you end up with bunch of loyal followers that hang around talking about it... like us!
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.