Comic for Sunday, February 9th, 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for Sunday, February 9th, 2014

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

A Patron of the Arts
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

JMadoc
Master

Re: Comic for Sunday, February 9th, 2014

#2 Post by JMadoc »

So I guess his temper and impulsive behavior throughout the entire comic was all from his stage acting days.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Red's real name: Timothy James Curry!!

cliffpanther
Grand Templar
Location: In the central point of the Universe. Just like everyone else.

#3 Post by cliffpanther »

Sythe's hair looks as if the squirrel found it quite tasty...

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#4 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

We back to updates twice a week? Sweet :)

Nothing like a common enemy to get the gang to work together. And it's interesting to get a glimpse at the more human side of Red, and the Templar in fact.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#5 Post by obi-wan »

I would never have imagined that [DBE] was an actor, but I'm glad that little charade worked
May the force be with you

Alec
Citizen

#6 Post by Alec »

Red has a soft, sensitive side, like serious acting? The surprises do not end in group B...what's next, Skythe likes to boogie-woogie?

And also, the squirrel is back and also happy. The world is in order again! |D
"Those who lose dreaming are lost." -Aboriginal Proverb

Zylver
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Zylver »

YEAH! :mrgreen: Another update! Real quick this one! :)

Red as an performance actor? HAHAHAHA! :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by EvilNinjadude »

I like Panel 4.

Also, Red's been having us on all along! In fact, if someone were to ask for his name, he'd probably say "I have many names"! Oh, the [censored]!

Incidentally, I hope the Templar Theatre Troupe used magic for their special effects. Something more aesthetically valuable than blowing holes in walls, I mean.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

Wow, Red. You have a soft spot. I mean, little kittens I might be able to understand, but THEATRE?

Mind=Blown

Also, I think Ms. Nibbles is now a permanent resident.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by AzeNaku »

Huh, well then. Don't judge book by its cover, I guess. :|

In other news, it looks like Sythe now officially has an animal companion, so he's become a Ranger instead of an NPC Warrior. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#11 Post by Myperson54 »

Oh man, I love Sythe's expression in the second-to-last panel there.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#12 Post by LuckyMudman »

"Back when he was a trainee", I sense a failed self search career :P
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Hoppy »

I still smile and chuckle a bit every time I see that chomp mark in Sythes hair. |D

Also,...yeah, I never would have guessed Red as a theatrical actor, failed or otherwise. Maybe he isn't (quite) as dumb as he looks?
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#14 Post by Furasian »

Huh.. The theater, eh? Did they have their own version of Romeo and Juliet? XD I am surprised of all things our little red haired friend took up acting... Not that I'm hating on it or a anything.
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#15 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Hmm. Now I have to wonder exactly *when* they could have planned that without Zen being able to overhear them. We know that as of comic 731, when Raine was about to go examine Maren and Karen, Zen was asleep, but as of comic 782, after Raine is finished, he is awake and watching them. So, that would seem to suggest that it was planned before that time, either sometime during the previous night or perhaps while Raine was doing her examination, though that's quite a long way back and precedes *several* arguments, all of which seemed quite genuine. It also precedes Raine's announcement that there was no way they were going to wake the girls except by getting the antidote from the assassin.

However, there is the consideration of language. I very highly doubt that Red speaks Keidran, and I don't think there have been any brackets in any of the speech bubbles, so I think it's pretty safe to say that all of group B has been speaking human the whole time. We know, though, that neither Natani nor Zen are exactly fluent in that language, although they both apparently know some of it, and there have been indications that Zen knows more than Nat does. I suppose it could be plausible that, if Red and Sythe were talking quietly (which would only have been sensible), Zen would have had to be much closer to actually overhear *and* understand them, so they may have been able to plan it even while Zen was watching.

It still does leave the question open of when exactly said planning happened. The opportunities would have been either after Raine had gone back into the tent and Red and Sythe were still outside, or else just before the fight itself, after Red had gone back outside the tent. Given Raine's internal dialogue, though, it doesn't seem like enough time passed for that between Red leaving the tent and Sythe's outburst. But on the other hand, this strip right before Red goes into the tent to talk to Raine implies they hadn't been talking while outside the tent. I have to admit being a bit puzzled.

On a completely different topic, I didn't think it was possible for Raine to look any cuter, but somehow Tom managed it. For some reason Raine looks absolutely adorable with that sword on her back and her hair tied up. It's also a nice touch that she doesn't look as wet as the other two, since she hasn't been out in the rain as long.

I also like Red's little admission here. It's exactly the sort of nice little touch that makes him a more believable character. Everyone has hobbies and interests outside of whatever 'role' they play in the story, and it's nicely realistic to show that Red isn't simply defined solely by hating keidran.