#61 Post by obi-wan »

Zen is so poor for being so confident
May the force be with you

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for February 5, 2014

#62 Post by MuonNeutrino »

celtcath74 wrote:I think he's dead. That is quite a bit of blood from that head-wound, and given Red's tendency to over-react......

Well....I don't hold out much hope for the boy. :redhair:
The blood isn't what *I'd* be worried about in that situation - as Iavasechui pointed out, head wounds tend to bleed more than you'd expect for their size anyway. The real question is whether Red hit him hard enough to give him a skull fracture. :? That's exactly the sort of thing that could cause that in real life - and the nastier 'depressed' variety too, with a cut over the top of it for plenty of possibility for infection to boot.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#63 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote:I share my surprise with the others: this is a startlingly clever plan for a pair of individuals who we've never seen get along for more than a few instants to come up with and pull off. I wonder if Raine was in on the plan as well. This trap could have been decided much earlier in the day; it's not like their situation has changed much over the past several hours. Then, Sythe's entire "breakdown" when he started jumping at shadows could have been staged, in an attempt to make him appear unstable and increasingly willing to part ways with Red and Raine. By deliberately increasing their appearance of irrationality and antagonism, Sythe's departure in the earlier comic would be made more believable.
Actually I think the time they could have formulated this plan was that brief time after Sythe had his break down when Raine was alone in the tent. The two could have quickly up up with a simple bait strategy and have Sythe leave with [DE] in tow some distance behind. As for the act, it's possible that it mostly wasn't an act and Sythe was voicing very genuine grievances to better sell his leaving. Or I could be giving them far too much credit and [DE] just followed Sythe on his own.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

obi-wan
Templar Master

#64 Post by obi-wan »

MuonNeutrino wrote:
celtcath74 wrote:I think he's dead. That is quite a bit of blood from that head-wound, and given Red's tendency to over-react......

Well....I don't hold out much hope for the boy. :redhair:
The blood isn't what *I'd* be worried about in that situation - as Iavasechui pointed out, head wounds tend to bleed more than you'd expect for their size anyway. The real question is whether Red hit him hard enough to give him a skull fracture. :? That's exactly the sort of thing that could cause that in real life - and the nastier 'depressed' variety too, with a cut over the top of it for plenty of possibility for infection to boot.
I don't think Zen be dead, because if [DBE] would want him dead then he would used the sword instead of a rock

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#65 Post by Bellhead »

I have no forum-based proof, but I predicted this plot trent when I first read the comic.

What I saw was this:
~Group A (with Natani)
~Group B
~Zen

They're all headed in the same direction. Group A is going to a place of racial equality, group B is going to a place of peace. Zen, Natani's brother, is following group B, inter-relating the two.

For plot reasons, Tom will not use Zen to kill group B, and Zen and Nat still need to re-unite. Ergo, Zen trails group B to Lyn'Knoll. During this time, he doesn't know the destination, and would certainly make his move before they got that far. The only way to do that is for group B to catch Zen, and the best way to do that is to wait for him to attack so they can interrogate him.

As such, we know that group B can't die, Zen won't die, and they'll all make it to Lyn'Knoll together, even if injured somewhat.

CALLING IT NOW, ALL IN FAVOR SAY "I".

*EDIT: About the hair, I think that's just the vapor trail from the level of Red's Rage.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#66 Post by SpottedKitty »

Bellhead wrote:*EDIT: About the hair, I think that's just the vapor trail from the level of Red's Rage.
<nod> You can see it on Zen's robe as well, it's just a comic "swoosh" effect.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#67 Post by Furasian »

MadMann135 wrote:Horror movie survival rules have been defeated!!!

I must say this was a great plan. The best plans are the ones that no one see coming, even the audience had a hard time seeing this one due to Red and Sythe's conflicting personalities.

But... But.. I called it out last time T_T

Fine then I'll just keep my brain skills to myself HMPH :c
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#68 Post by MuonNeutrino »

obi-wan wrote:I don't think Zen be dead, because if [DBE] would want him dead then he would used the sword instead of a rock
Oh I'm sure that Red and Sythe don't want him dead - as you pointed out, Red has a sword he could have used if he wanted to. They need him alive to produce the antidote for the poison that's keeping Maren and Karen unconscious. The problem is that they don't need to *want* to kill him in order to do it *accidentally*, and bashing the back of someone's head in with a rock would be a very good way to do that if this were real.

Of course, it's Tom's comic, and I don't expect him to do that. But it is a suitably brutal scene nevertheless.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#69 Post by obi-wan »

MuonNeutrino wrote:
obi-wan wrote:I don't think Zen be dead, because if [DBE] would want him dead then he would used the sword instead of a rock
Oh I'm sure that Red and Sythe don't want him dead - as you pointed out, Red has a sword he could have used if he wanted to. They need him alive to produce the antidote for the poison that's keeping Maren and Karen unconscious. The problem is that they don't need to *want* to kill him in order to do it *accidentally*, and bashing the back of someone's head in with a rock would be a very good way to do that if this were real.

Of course, it's Tom's comic, and I don't expect him to do that. But it is a suitably brutal scene nevertheless.
remember my words
besides producing the antidote, I think Zen will have a more important role in the future, and that will be, along with his sister, to unite both groups

multilis
Citizen

#70 Post by multilis »

A guess is this was *Red*'s idea.

Nov 27, Red is trying to come up with ideas.http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=783

Dec 4, Sythe helps Red with his love interest, at some level Red probably is thankful which helps motivate his thinking towards working with Sythe

Ideas are working in Red's subconscious while he relaxes...

Jan 15, Red has plan firmly in place already, begins executing - he pretends to be hostile so both others unknowingly will play role better http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=790 (Red has to do it this way as thinks they are being watched)

Jan 23, panel 1 Red in hushed tone pretends to be lecturing Sythe, while at same time explaining his plan. Sythe quickly flips from genuine anger to faked anger, as Red finally has a plan he agrees with.

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#71 Post by Flyboy1945 »

*Insert It's A Trap Here*

Red used Rock Smash!
It's Super Effective! <PANEL SHUFFEL IDEA!

Okay, I'm done.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

Shalom

#72 Post by Shalom »

graufuchs wrote:I remember in the original Sherlock Holmes stories Holmes would often not let Watson in on an act until it was over. Holmes would apologize later, and explain that Watson was too honest to fool anyone unless he believed Sherlock's act was real and responded as he normally would.
Yeah. Nero Wolfe used to do that to Archie Goodwin on occasion as well.

Also, how do you pronounce "5nd"?

que
New Citizen

#73 Post by que »

EvilNinjadude wrote:THEN WHO WAS SQUIRREL
(warn:trolling) Isn't it obvious? Lady Nora suprisingly has already finished her rest. She likes the form of small furry animals.
Shalom wrote:Also, how do you pronounce "5nd"?
"find"? :)

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#74 Post by BadJoke »

Bellhead wrote:I have no forum-based proof, but I predicted this plot trent when I first read the comic.

What I saw was this:
~Group A (with Natani)
~Group B
~Zen

They're all headed in the same direction. Group A is going to a place of racial equality, group B is going to a place of peace. Zen, Natani's brother, is following group B, inter-relating the two.

For plot reasons, Tom will not use Zen to kill group B, and Zen and Nat still need to re-unite. Ergo, Zen trails group B to Lyn'Knoll. During this time, he doesn't know the destination, and would certainly make his move before they got that far. The only way to do that is for group B to catch Zen, and the best way to do that is to wait for him to attack so they can interrogate him.

As such, we know that group B can't die, Zen won't die, and they'll all make it to Lyn'Knoll together, even if injured somewhat.

CALLING IT NOW, ALL IN FAVOR SAY "I".
It's a bit redundant.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Piece_of_Paper
Citizen

#75 Post by Piece_of_Paper »

With Zen being knocked unconscious ...

Natani will feel the pain at first, but once Zen is out,

their cross feelings will go numb. She will not know

what is happening to him.

OUCH!
Can I borrow a piece of paper?
This would drive my professor nuts ..."It's A Sheet Of Paper!"
So I use that screen name else where.