Comic for February 5, 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TKSI
Apprentice

Re: Comic for February 5, 2014

#46 Post by TKSI »

'S been a long time since I last posted...

So do you guys think Raine was in on it? I don't see her as the actress type, and she genuinely looked terrified and confused when Sythe said he was leaving the group.

Also, I don't think they made a plan at all. I think Sythe just hinted at what Red was supposed to do with that line about them both being targets. That was him saying that if Zen targeted Red, Raine and the girls, Sythe would be the surprise attacker, and the other way around for if Zen attacked Sythe. Because if so, it means that Red and Sythe at least understand each other to the point where they don't need to state clearly what they require from each other.

[edit] On another note, both Zen and Natani have the best hair in the world. Seriously, the guy's been living in a tree for days and it's still immaculate.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#47 Post by obi-wan »

I think will happen the same that with Natani, he will become part of the group
May the force be with you

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#48 Post by jacobc62 »

I'm not surprised that this happened.

[conspiracytheory1]This is really a trap set up by Zen to get captured to kill the humans (and that includes Raine... :( ), and bring Sythe back "home".[/conspiracytheory1]

[conspiracytheory2]Blonde hair? THAT IS NOT ZEN!!!!!!!![/conspiracytheory2]
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#49 Post by BadJoke »

One day. One day I will finally learn to stop posting theories on the forum. Time ago I swore I would stop and I continue being defeated by Tom. Damn. (Still I was good about the penalty awaiting Sythe).

But there's worst things in life I suppose. Know what's a VERY bad day? When you finally caught your target after days hunting and stalking, your last hope for payment, and when you're ready to take him away cool-style, a [censored] incompetent stupid racist redhead (redneck?) smash your head off with a rock! (Note: He hates Keidrans and he want you to "sing", also you have nothing which may be used as a bargain, be ready for the pain and don't count to much on being released.)
And squirrel is dead.

When did they created the plan? Will probably be explained later, but it may have been in full light, I don't think Zen knows about human language.
Maybe imminent danger improve intellectual capacities. :redhair: :sythe:

About Zen capacities... I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I found this logic: when your entire reputation is built on a lie... He should think about occupational retraining. And Nat' too. Common guards, snails gatherers, sweepers, slaves in a potato plantation, I'm sure they're good at something. :| Or not.
Marnath wrote:I think he will get off the hook by telling them a sad, sad story about how he only does this to get the money to not starve. Which is true, even.
It may works if he reminds to omit the part about "chose that job to fight humans" like he said. And all the bonuses who came with. Better make it look sad.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#50 Post by Ketzal »

TKSI wrote: So do you guys think Raine was in on it? I don't see her as the actress type, and she genuinely looked terrified and confused when Sythe said he was leaving the group.
Nope. I just don't see her freaking out at Sythe leaving being an act. Pretty sure Red and Sythe came up with the plan right before the big confrontation with each other.

This hit on the head that Zen's now suffered does open up a lot of possibilities for what it will result in. Can't wait to see what happens in the next page...

...provided Tom doesn't pull a switcheroo and takes us back to group A >.>

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#51 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Now that I think about it, I bet Red really really loved the opportunity to bash a Keidran's head in with a rock. He probably put all the hatred he has for the Keidran and for the mess he's in into that bash.

My main problem with the theory of Sythe and Red planning this while Raine is in the tent is that Sythe are Red are *outside* the tent. For all they know, the assassin could be watching and listening... how could they plan something like this while just standing talking in the open? Speaking of which, how good is Zen's English? Could he have understood their planning if he overheard it?

CrimsonButterfly
Apprentice

#52 Post by CrimsonButterfly »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:Now that I think about it, I bet Red really really loved the opportunity to bash a Keidran's head in with a rock. He probably put all the hatred he has for the Keidran and for the mess he's in into that bash.
You bet. Question is how much Red knew or not, and how much this was all improvised or not. However, Red's argument with Zen was predictably extreme and violent in it's expression. Not sure many would complain though, considering it should work.
Dodge-fighting emotions. Also, whenever you ask, I am thinking about you.
--Life; 0/0

SilverScarfFox
Traveler

#53 Post by SilverScarfFox »

ROCK vs Master Assassin

...ROCK Win!....Perfect!
A man...or fox, with a hell of an imagination...but can't draw it. But is good at explaining it, sort of

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#54 Post by Ace5762 »

AAWWWH SNAP.
Sneaky [censored] didn't see that sneaking coming!
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

graufuchs
Citizen

#55 Post by graufuchs »

Curo wrote:Well weekly updates apposed to the old twice a week.... the comic quality has gone up. Tom has improved allot, facial expressions, the whole nine yards. Really makes the whole comic better. If Tom can make quality like this I really don't mind waiting a tad longer between updates.
Agreed. Zen has never looked so good, and Scythe's expressions are terrific. The backgrounds look better, too. Tom went back to drawing the foliage and ground textures!
TKSI wrote:'S been a long time since I last posted...

So do you guys think Raine was in on it? I don't see her as the actress type, and she genuinely looked terrified and confused when Sythe said he was leaving the group.

Also, I don't think they made a plan at all. I think Sythe just hinted at what Red was supposed to do with that line about them both being targets. That was him saying that if Zen targeted Red, Raine and the girls, Sythe would be the surprise attacker, and the other way around for if Zen attacked Sythe. Because if so, it means that Red and Sythe at least understand each other to the point where they don't need to state clearly what they require from each other.

[edit] On another note, both Zen and Natani have the best hair in the world. Seriously, the guys been living in a tree for days and it's still immaculate.
I agree Raine definitely wasn't in on it. The guys would know she'd be better at playing her role if she just acted naturally.

I remember in the original Sherlock Holmes stories Holmes would often not let Watson in on an act until it was over. Holmes would apologize later, and explain that Watson was too honest to fool anyone unless he believed Sherlock's act was real and responded as he normally would.

I think a lot of folks are overestimating Zen's hearing. Team B seems to be camping in a clearing, and Zen is close enough to see them but not enough to be seen himself. Even with his big ears, I doubt he could hear a quiet conversation outside the tent. Not even Raine seems to be able to hear what they are saying when she's thinking to herself in the tent. Red and Scythe went out of their way to be loud during their final argument--they wanted to make sure that Zen heard that.

I still like the idea that Red and Scythe were hinting to each other what they were going to do during their shouting match. (Red: "Oh, how dare you leave us alone and defenseless--treacherous wolf!" Sythe: "Oh, you're so awful to me! I'm going to run away and be a perfect target for you, Zen!" Red: "I hate all Keidran! Hate them, hate them, hate them! I'm definitely not going to follow you and bash the assassin when he catches you!")

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#56 Post by Furasian »

Furasian wrote:So we've established two things:
1 Sythe is in deep trouble
And
2 That squirrel is very sketchy...

What about the possibility of this being a plan to lure Zen out? *Deep thinker mode* What if it was all an act that our two unconventional partners decided to throw together behind everyone's back?

Only time will tell!

My brain skills paid of!!!
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

MadMann135
Merchant

#57 Post by MadMann135 »

Horror movie survival rules have been defeated!!!

I must say this was a great plan. The best plans are the ones that no one see coming, even the audience had a hard time seeing this one due to Red and Sythe's conflicting personalities.
ImageImage

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#58 Post by johny »

Holy cow this is great! I totally think this was all Red and Sythe's idea.

celtcath74

#59 Post by celtcath74 »

I think he's dead. That is quite a bit of blood from that head-wound, and given Red's tendency to over-react......

Well....I don't hold out much hope for the boy. :redhair:

Iavasechui
Traveler

#60 Post by Iavasechui »

Keep in mind head wounds tend to bleed more than other wounds due to there being more blood vessels there.