Comic for February 5, 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

detrius
Citizen

Re: Comic for February 5, 2014

#31 Post by detrius »

tony1695 wrote:Oh dear.

Zen isn't getting up again any time soon.

Or ever.
Zen won't die before he gave Maren and Karen the antidote for the poison, just like Alaric couldn't die from falling off that bridge before we knew what happened to his eye.

What happens afterwards, however...

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by EvilNinjadude »

JohnTheWysard wrote:So my question is...

Was the squirrel in on the trap? or not?
THEN WHO WAS SQUIRREL?

Jan125
Citizen

#33 Post by Jan125 »

Turnabout Hitwithastone. Hehe. :P

Oh, and I think we 've got ourselves a new romance option: :sythe: x :redhair:

Has anyone seen the squirrel? ;~;

detrius
Citizen

#34 Post by detrius »

Jan125 wrote:Has anyone seen the squirrel? ;~;
I hope it's okay. :(

Zylver
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Zylver »

Ouch! Now that must have been a very powerful... cheap shot. 8)

Red and Sythe played their trick very well on Zen, congrats for them! :D
I think they will try to question him, if he regain his consciousness. After all, they need Zen to make an antidote for the girls to wake up :roll:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Alec
Citizen

#36 Post by Alec »

Hm, so it is true, everything turned out fine again for group B :grin: ! Well done, :redhair: and :sythe: ! I sense an upcoming high five between those two.
I just knew that Red was following Skythe, though I did not expect any cooperation on this level...looks like there is still hope for Raine's statement about Keidrans and Humans! Hooray! :D

And I really do not think that they will kill Zen after the interrogation...somehow, the second group will get their own wolfy assassin like group A; like they have already adopted a cute mascot (the squirrel, for group A, it is Maddie).
Considering the ultimate goal of both groups, getting to Lyn'Knoll...it would be nice to see ALL re-united there again (imagine the confusion and surprise), so it would be just cruel if Natani looses her brother...

But, it is relieving that things worked out so quickly and smooth...would have been antagony to wait for such a plot twist for like 2 months after tons of tension build-up like during that templar tower scene on Basatin Island...
"Those who lose dreaming are lost." -Aboriginal Proverb

Malygon

#37 Post by Malygon »

It seems to me between here and here a lot of time might have passed, you know, from morning to evening. They might've hatched their plan anytime in between. How they did so making sure they couldn't be overheard should be interesting to find out. Especially since I don't think :raine: was "in" on the plan.

Marnath
Apprentice

#38 Post by Marnath »

Now I wish I had posted my theory earlier, so I could say I totally called this. It seemed pretty obvious that Sythe wasn't really abandoning them.

Shannara360
Traveler

#39 Post by Shannara360 »

I have to admit this definitely took me by surprise. If I had had enough time to examine the previous pages further I probably would have figured it out though. I had a feeling that things turned bad way too quickly after the Jan 25th comic. Everything seemed mostly fine and then suddenly they got very dramatic. The angry faces on that one page looked a bit forced and over done. I must be having an off month or something because normally I would catch something like that. :P

But in all serious, poor Zen. I physically cringed when I saw that happen.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukamae/ Check out my friend's artwork! It is pretty legit! My avatar was drawn by her and is used with permission.

NothingIsSure
Master

#40 Post by NothingIsSure »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
JohnTheWysard wrote:So my question is...
Was the squirrel in on the trap? or not?
THEN WHO WAS SQUIRREL?

Btw. - "world greatest assasin" ?
...nope
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

dzamie
Apprentice

#41 Post by dzamie »

TinyVoices wrote:Maybe we should start with asking: will Zen remember who he is when he wakes up?
Fortunately, he has Natani to help with that, although it would end up with a lot of his personality based on whatever his sister and his captors want it to be, for the most part.
Who knows, he might get better at Assassining.
BadFoMo wrote:I also would have asked how getting one's arms tied up would cause them to trip and fall, but now seeing that it was all an act kind of answered that.
Those bola were moving pretty fast, and the weights are pretty heavy. The weapon is designed to make the target as useless as possible without serious harm.
ImageBecause Trace is one lucky guy!

Curo

#42 Post by Curo »

Well weekly updates apposed to the old twice a week.... the comic quality has gone up. Tom has improved allot, facial expressions, the whole nine yards. Really makes the whole comic better. If Tom can make quality like this I really don't mind waiting a tad longer between updates.

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by Hoppy »

No, they won't kill Zen. I think Red and likely Sythe will WANT to,(after they get the poison antidote,that is), but I think Zen will make them an offer they won't want to refuse. After failing this mission, Zen won't have anything left back home. No money and no one will hire him again. If he went back and reported a second failure, it's possible his 'employers' may even want to kill him for his incompetence. So Zen's bridges may have just burned behind him. He may have little choice but to join with Group B, now.

Zen may offer the antidote if they let him tag along, which may be enough.... but what if he offers up his ability to communicate with Natani and Group A?? I'm not certain if Zen knows about the relationship between the two groups, but if he does know, it's an offer he might make to save himself. If he does NOT know about them, then it's something I'm sure he'll discover at some point. I could see this becoming a critical plot development later, at the very least.
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

Marnath
Apprentice

#44 Post by Marnath »

Hoppy wrote:No, they won't kill Zen. I think Red and likely Sythe will WANT to,(after they get the poison antidote,that is), but I think Zen will make them an offer they won't want to refuse. After failing this mission, Zen won't have anything left back home. No money and no one will hire him again. If he went back and reported a second failure, it's possible his 'employers' may even want to kill him for his incompetence. So Zen's bridges may have just burned behind him. He may have little choice but to join with Group B, now.

Zen may offer the antidote if they let him tag along, which may be enough.... but what if he offers up his ability to communicate with Natani and Group A?? I'm not certain if Zen knows about the relationship between the two groups, but if he does know, it's an offer he might make to save himself. If he does NOT know about them, then it's something I'm sure he'll discover at some point. I could see this becoming a critical plot development later, at the very least.
I think he will get off the hook by telling them a sad, sad story about how he only does this to get the money to not starve. Which is true, even.

CrimsonButterfly
Apprentice

#45 Post by CrimsonButterfly »

So one of the major possibilities comes. Zen really is too confident at times. Not enough paranoia. I thought Red would hit someone, but it's always a bit different to see it. So both Sythe and Red sorta got the last word, but it's not over yet. Excellent.

I'm not sure how amusing this is, but Zen really needs to switch jobs. Ah well.
Dodge-fighting emotions. Also, whenever you ask, I am thinking about you.
--Life; 0/0