How will Trace react to Flora when she dies?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Keidran Knight Quinn

How will Trace react to Flora when she dies?

#1 Post by Keidran Knight Quinn »

I think Trace is too in love with Flora and isn't ever going to be willing to let her go, thus I believe he is going to become truly mad and corrupt himself completely with black magic. I think that in a way, love will be his undoing, just as it was before.
Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well. While he who knows not knows not what I know, or know not. So know that all I know is that I SHALL KNOW all who KNOW ME. For I am not but my shadow, yet my shadow be not shadow... but myself.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

Re: How will Trace react to Flora when she dies?

#2 Post by BadJoke »

Now you talk about it I'm surprised nobody said to Trace something like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6mc3Fv7vDM (Elrond's prophecy from LOTR). It's almost the same situation.

Maybe his coming child will help (still, if he/she have a reduced lifespan he may see his child died of old age and it would be just as "unpleasant").
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Zylver »

If he does as you wrote it Quinn, then Trace is already as good as dead. Even a little bit of corruption could cause his total annihilation, if he is bold enough to try to resurrect Flora...
Also, your scenario would just bring a quick end to the comic as well... :?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

detrius
Citizen

#4 Post by detrius »

Maybe he'll find a way to share his own "lifeforce" with Flora - or maybe that will be their "reward" when they overcome whatever Tom intends to throw at them. That way, they'd grow old together and die at the same time when their time is up.

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Hoppy »

detrius wrote:Maybe he'll find a way to share his own "lifeforce" with Flora - or maybe that will be their "reward" when they overcome whatever Tom intends to throw at them. That way, they'd grow old together and die at the same time when their time is up.
This is basically what I'm hoping for. Trace gives up some of his years, Flora gains a few and they live a good life together. However, I'm also hoping that this doesn't happen for at least 10 more years of comics. :mrgreen:
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#6 Post by judah4 »

I think it depends on how she dies. His wife died from a scratch that came as a surprise. The end of a loved one can easily make someone go insane. If flora lives to be 21-22, and has a peaceful passing, trace will still mourn greatly but i doubt he would be desperate to resurrect her. And, i think spending 10+ years with her will prevent him from being homicidal against keidran.

or if she dies in the next year, welcome to evil trace 2.0 :P

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#7 Post by TinyVoices »

I'm still kinda interested in the rumor that all of this is a story being told around a campfire hours before a huge battle. But lol [censored] it if something romantic like that doesn't happen. :P

I'm not sure what else can be said on all of this. Her death and the context before it will decide on Trace's reaction to it all. This topic has been talked about so much so far (I think it's up there with the discussions of why Laura had to die and who Keith should mate with). I saw this thread and actually thought it was some really old thread being necro'd, but it isn't. :shock:

Keidran Knight Quinn

#8 Post by Keidran Knight Quinn »

I think that the story carries too much detail and sidethoughts of the characters in it to actually be a campfire story, plus I think there might be some angry readers if that were the case.
Him who knows that I know what he seeks to know, knows it well. While he who knows not knows not what I know, or know not. So know that all I know is that I SHALL KNOW all who KNOW ME. For I am not but my shadow, yet my shadow be not shadow... but myself.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#9 Post by Myperson54 »

Keidran Knight Quinn wrote:I think that the story carries too much detail and sidethoughts of the characters in it to actually be a campfire story, plus I think there might be some angry readers if that were the case.
Oh, there'd be some annoyed readers alright. This ain't no How I Met Your Mother [censored]! :D
But yeah, I honestly can only see Flora dying after a long, romantic life with Trace. That's just how I see Tom writing it.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#10 Post by The Rookie »

Hoppy wrote:
detrius wrote:Maybe he'll find a way to share his own "lifeforce" with Flora - or maybe that will be their "reward" when they overcome whatever Tom intends to throw at them. That way, they'd grow old together and die at the same time when their time is up.
This is basically what I'm hoping for. Trace gives up some of his years, Flora gains a few and they live a good life together. However, I'm also hoping that this doesn't happen for at least 10 more years of comics. :mrgreen:
I agree, this would probably be the best out come for the pair and I hope it plays out something like this. Well unless Tom has something better in mind.

Kind of a bummer though when you think about the other cross species pairs, like Natani and Keith, who probably wont have this option available to them.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Keidran Knight Quinn

#11 Post by Keidran Knight Quinn »

The rookie wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
I agree, this would probably be the best out come for the pair and I hope it plays out something like this. Well unless Tom has something better in mind.

Kind of a bummer though when you think about the other cross species pairs, like Natani and Keith, who probably wont have this option available to them.
You forget that Basitin age like humans. Keith is going to have to cope with the loss of Natani in the near future, probably driving him to near insanity... As you might guess I can see this story getting very depressing real fast, (more than it has been so far) and unless Tom has some sort of secret magic or something he is planning to slip into the story, I see no chance for an actual opportune happy ending.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#12 Post by The Rookie »

Keidran Knight Quinn wrote: You forget that Basitin age like humans. Keith is going to have to cope with the loss of Natani in the near future, probably driving him to near insanity... As you might guess I can see this story getting very depressing real fast, (more than it has been so far) and unless Tom has some sort of secret magic or something he is planning to slip into the story, I see no chance for an actual opportune happy ending.
No no, I know that Basitin age similarly to humans. I think their life expectancy is something like 65 years from memory, but I'm not sure. But the rest of what you said was pretty much on par with what I was trying to get at, with Keith potentially out living Natani by a considerable amount of time and the repercussions that would likely follow with the loss of yet another loved one. Sadly, this seems like it will be the case for most or more likely all of the Keidran/other species couples through out the series. Kind of depressing when you think about it...

As for the secret magic option, It's certainly a possibility. But I kind of get the feeling that there would likely be some sort of terrible cost involved with extending the lives of Keidran through magical means.

On the plus side, it will likely take several years in real time before enough time has past in the series for these issues to really have much of an impact on the story. So I guess that's kind of comforting, right ? :potatoes:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Chris
Templar

#13 Post by Chris »

Sorry for the thread necro, but this is something that I had been thinking about recently.
Keidran Knight Quinn wrote:
The rookie wrote:Kind of a bummer though when you think about the other cross species pairs, like Natani and Keith, who probably wont have this option available to them.
You forget that Basitin age like humans. Keith is going to have to cope with the loss of Natani in the near future, probably driving him to near insanity... As you might guess I can see this story getting very depressing real fast, (more than it has been so far) and unless Tom has some sort of secret magic or something he is planning to slip into the story, I see no chance for an actual opportune happy ending.
I feel really bad for Keith. He's had to deal with both his parents being killed, Alaric being killed, Laura being killed (though she only had a few more years left regardless), and with things going as they are, Natani will die of old age within the next 7 years. All told, that means Keith will have prematurely lost 5 people close to him (two parents, a best friend, a fiancée, and a (for now) boyfriend) before he turns 30.

I know the comic does sometimes deal with dark subject matter (slavery, racism, and psychological madness tend to be that way), and bad things do happen, but it also generally maintains a "fun" and whimsical atmosphere. This is not a bad thing.. in fact, it's quite desirable for me since I don't really go for the whole gritty fantasy thing.

As it is, I could've maybe seen Trace and Flora ending on a bittersweet note... Flora passing on, and Trace learning to live on with his friends and kid(s) while keeping Flora in his heart. That would be kind of stretching it given the general tone of the comic, IMO, but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility. But I don't think something like that will really work with Keith since, for one, Natani's pretty clear on not wanting kids (using his "lady bits"), and Keith already went through the whole 'live on after they die' thing with Laura. Having it happen again with Natani, especially considering how many people he's already lost and the circumstances in which they were lost, all before his 30th birthday would just be unnecessarily harsh I think.

Personally, I could imagine something happening that would have an effect on the lifespan of all keidran. Or perhaps there's a few secrets to Lyn'knoll that we haven't yet heard. Though for some reason, I don't think Lyn'knoll is going to provide them with the paradise they seek, call me a pessimist on that.

Trace-Legacy
Traveler

#14 Post by Trace-Legacy »

Let's try not to think about that and just enjoy the comic.
SINON IS THE GOD OF LIFE AND GUNS!!!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#15 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

All this with Keith and Natani might not happen. Remember that Keith is a Basitin, which are a combat-prone people. Likely, he will die in battle before Natani dies of old age, and even then, they might not stay together. This could just be a fling and might not be a permanent(ish) relationship. But Trace(the one up above me, not the actual Trace) is right. Let's just enjoy the comic now and leave the philisophical stuff to our betters. Also, I can see Flora's life being extended at the price of somebody else's life and that Trace(the real one) won't be able to make the trade, given that Flora even wants to, seeing as it would technically be murder, and, well.. it's Flora we're talkin' about here. C'mon. Then Flora will indeed die, before Trace, most likely, and Trace will be consumed by grief, maybe even re-unlocking his powers. Which, I might add, are powerful enough to destroy(not banish, destroy) a Mask, so he might take out Neutral. Also, little question on the side, is Neutral a guy? Or what? 'Cause I've heard zim referred to as a guy and a girl. Maybe he's like Natani...
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.