Comic page for Thursday, Jan 23rd, 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NothingIsSure
Master

Re: Comic page for Thursday, Jan 23rd, 2014

#16 Post by NothingIsSure »

Hoppy wrote:
NothingIsSure wrote:And what is Sythe holding in his left hand/paw ?
I would guess that he grabbed his pants. Wouldn't want to leave them behind, after all.
That doesn't look like pants to me :/ Sythe have no time to grab them - he was arguing with Red.
...or I'm wrong beacause Tom just painted them in that way.
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#17 Post by CrRAR »

Ms. Nibbles continues to defend the honor of her beloved! *swoon*
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Marnath
Apprentice

#18 Post by Marnath »

So, they've gone to the point where Red is the voice of reason huh? They are in bad shape.

Sythe you dummy, don't you know to never split the party? :P

obi-wan
Templar Master

#19 Post by obi-wan »

Something dramatic should happen to avoid Sythe leave the group, but just we will know it next wednesday
May the force be with you

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by AzeNaku »

I'm getting this feeling of impending doom, like Sythe is going to stab Red while his guard is down due to Sythe's gradual descent into madness. :redhair:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

whiskerz
Traveler

#21 Post by whiskerz »

campsoup1988 wrote:Is it just me, or did Red just show a little bit of appreciation for Sythe?
huh? where? must have missed it, but on the other hand I'll probably go with "its just you" :mrgrin:
AzeNaku wrote:I'm getting this feeling of impending doom, like Sythe is going to stab Red while his guard is down due to Sythe's gradual descent into madness. :redhair:
nah, between sythe and reds race to madness I'd go with red to do something stupid first, like for example when sythe turns to leave, he tries to kill him to make sure he doesn't turn on them later, freaking out raine who runs screaming into the woods where she is an easy target for zen, and after about 30 minutes of rambling when red finally decides to run after her his last breath will be the famous "NOOOOOO" scream when finding her lifeless body before also being disposed by zen who will then pick up the mortally wounded but not dead sythe who is supposed to be executed later but will then be rescued by karen & company who awakened from their sleep drug, followed the tracks, overheard zen bragging about what happened so they know it was all reds fault and save the poor sythe just in the nick of time before leaving to the promised land where keidran and humans live together peacefully :twisted:

I'd prefer some kind of reconciliation though ^^
There is no silver bullet.

graufuchs
Citizen

#22 Post by graufuchs »

I think the squirrel is behind this. See how it's sitting on Sythe's head? It's obviously controlling his mind.
I don't think it is a squirrel at all...worst case, it's a puppet of Master Seer, best case, Lady Nora with some plot of her own.

If Sythe were less exhausted he probably would realize that Red is showing appreciation for him. Red's trying to get Sythe to stay, and is actually warning him about the stupidity of setting off by himself. Red wouldn't do that unless he not only had started to trust Scythe, but also realized that he needed him.

Ayi
Traveler

#23 Post by Ayi »

graufuchs wrote:I think the squirrel is behind this. See how it's sitting on Sythe's head? It's obviously controlling his mind.
I don't think it is a squirrel at all...worst case, it's a puppet of Master Seer, best case, Lady Nora with some plot of her own.
I doubt it's Lady Nora. I guess she's still sleeping. http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=552 That doesn't mean we won't see her again but that might take a while.

But that sqirrel does act strange..

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

Re: Comic page for thursday, Jan 23, 2014

#24 Post by Gotheran »

Zylver wrote:even our new little rodent friend doesn't like his idea at all :P
Red is the guy who finds himself alone in a public place being stared down by a single Squirrel, then before you know there's three squirrels, then five, then 20...
He's not exactly good with furry animals. Meanwhile I still wait and pray for Raine to pull out a dominatrix attitude and sub both, if not all three men in the present scenario.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by BadJoke »

Panel 3 = :raine: : Maybe there's hope for peace... :oops:

Panel 4 = Tom: Nope. There's only war. :mrgrin:
:raine: : Why? (;_;)
Tom: Cause I hate my benignant characters. :twisted:

(That's why Keidrans and humans can't get along: they're exactly the same. Always the same mistakes.)
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

whiskerz
Traveler

#26 Post by whiskerz »

graufuchs wrote:I think the squirrel is behind this. See how it's sitting on Sythe's head? It's obviously controlling his mind.
Hm you might on to something with the squirrel, cuteness is always a good disguise for evil :mrgrin:
graufuchs wrote:If Sythe were less exhausted he probably would realize that Red is showing appreciation for him. Red's trying to get Sythe to stay, and is actually warning him about the stupidity of setting off by himself. Red wouldn't do that unless he not only had started to trust Scythe, but also realized that he needed him.
I do concur that Red realizes that he needs Sythe, but that doesn't count as appreciation for me. I think that if someone needs something they can still simply take it as granted and not appreciate it at all (i.e. treat it like dirt).

Instead I offer the counter-hypothesis that Red does not appreciates Sythe. Judging from the conversion:
- On the last page Red started the conversation with "Hey nutcase" (not very appreciative).
- In the second panel of this page Red displays a typical gesture of aggressive lecturing (also not very appreciative)
- In the last panel of this page he says "Where do you think you're going?" which I would find harshly demanding (which isn't appreciative as well).
- Also in this last dialog on the page Sythe even tells him outright what his problem is ("so far you've still done nothing but treat me like dirt") and instead of acknowledging or pointing out the ramifications of this decision all Red does is insult "What are you, a moron?" which is a purely destructive type of criticism and not at all appreciative
- Reds last words on the page are "You can't" which heavily depends on intonation, but I seriously doubt it was spoken in a way that counts as appreciation if I take the other parts of the conversation into account

So I strongly disagree with the notion that (a) Red appreciates Sythe and (b) Sythe would react differently to those insults if he was rested.
There is no silver bullet.

Syrth
Traveler

#27 Post by Syrth »

whiskerz wrote:
I do concur that Red realizes that he needs Sythe, but that doesn't count as appreciation for me. I think that if someone needs something they can still simply take it as granted and not appreciate it at all (i.e. treat it like dirt).

Instead I offer the counter-hypothesis that Red does not appreciates Sythe. Judging from the conversion:
- On the last page Red started the conversation with "Hey nutcase" (not very appreciative).
- In the second panel of this page Red displays a typical gesture of aggressive lecturing (also not very appreciative)
- In the last panel of this page he says "Where do you think you're going?" which I would find harshly demanding (which isn't appreciative as well).
- Also in this last dialog on the page Sythe even tells him outright what his problem is ("so far you've still done nothing but treat me like dirt") and instead of acknowledging or pointing out the ramifications of this decision all Red does is insult "What are you, a moron?" which is a purely destructive type of criticism and not at all appreciative
- Reds last words on the page are "You can't" which heavily depends on intonation, but I seriously doubt it was spoken in a way that counts as appreciation if I take the other parts of the conversation into account

So I strongly disagree with the notion that (a) Red appreciates Sythe and (b) Sythe would react differently to those insults if he was rested.

I fully agree with you, Red doesn,t appreciate Sythe at all. I am rather sure the only reason he wants Sythe to stay is because the girls need to be watched and being the only one who can physically defend anything, Sythe would be the other weapon handling person. They are the only 2 who are not injured. If the girls werent down for the count, Red would have no problem Sythe leaving the group.

The only reason Red is even being nice to Raine is because she is part human and thats what he is clinging to in his mind. You don't suddenly become accepting of something you loathed, its not realistic. Red said so himself they can FIX her to be human again even though Raine said both parts are her, I'm rather sure Red thinks they just need to get her a new collar or fix it and she'll be human again. So in his mind, he is probably more grasping at the fact she is human and turns into keidran then anything else. If he would think she was keidran who can turn human, he'd be full on hating her.

The only one who has fully accepted Raine being human and keidran is Sythe. He didnt blink twice or offer to fix her or turn her fully Keidran, he liked her for who she is. I do hope Raine can see Sythe is really a better choice compared to Red but I have a feeling Raine will just keep chasing Red romantically.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#28 Post by obi-wan »

Syrth wrote:
whiskerz wrote:

I fully agree with you, Red doesn,t appreciate Sythe at all. I am rather sure the only reason he wants Sythe to stay is because the girls need to be watched and being the only one who can physically defend anything, Sythe would be the other weapon handling person. They are the only 2 who are not injured. If the girls werent down for the count, Red would have no problem Sythe leaving the group.

The only reason Red is even being nice to Raine is because she is part human and thats what he is clinging to in his mind. You don't suddenly become accepting of something you loathed, its not realistic. Red said so himself they can FIX her to be human again even though Raine said both parts are her, I'm rather sure Red thinks they just need to get her a new collar or fix it and she'll be human again. So in his mind, he is probably more grasping at the fact she is human and turns into keidran then anything else. If he would think she was keidran who can turn human, he'd be full on hating her.

The only one who has fully accepted Raine being human and keidran is Sythe. He didnt blink twice or offer to fix her or turn her fully Keidran, he liked her for who she is. I do hope Raine can see Sythe is really a better choice compared to Red but I have a feeling Raine will just keep chasing Red romantically.
according your point of view [DBE] does everything with a selfish purpose, why not give it a chance to improve, before crucifying him?
May the force be with you

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by Ketzal »

Syrth wrote:-commentary snip-
I dunno, I'm thinking that Red is starting to change a bit. I mean, yeah, he does see her being part Keidran as a "disease", but so far he's been awfully sincere about trying to stay friends with her. He's also been acting pretty curious about Keidran anatomy ever since she turned XD

And while he IS accepting Raine, we haven't seen much interaction between her and Sythe compared to Red. I'm pretty sure it's going to take an extreme circumstance to get him to change his outlook, but I've a feeling that ol' wolf is going to bring him around to being at least more tolerant of Keidran.

...but now that I'm thinking about it, I really want to know what his backstory is. He did make a side comment about why he hates Keidran, but I'd really like to see more detail about it >.>

ghastmaskzombie
New Citizen

#30 Post by ghastmaskzombie »

At this point I think that "Red" is still an ignorant, racist jackarse, but I know he'll see the error of his ways soon enough. I know from some personal experiences with my own (minor) ignorance and stubbornness that ignorance isn't a problem you can slowly push through. It's something you have to just keep hammering away at until it suddenly crumbles in a single great epiphany. Of course, one doesn't just become open-minded overnight, but the epiphany's where the learning suddenly begins. I think Raine's transformation has cracked Red's wall of ignorance, and I'm sure he'll soon face something dire enough to break it down.
...Yes, I like metaphors. So sue me.
If I'm posting here, it is very likely that I'm in an altered state of mind. My common sense is a little shaky and my better judgement is out to lunch. I have no filters and I don't know what I'm doing. So just keep that in mind.