The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comics for January 8, 2014

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Who knew assassins were so small?

Well, he might be right behind you now.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

snakebug
Traveler

Re: Comics for January 8, 2014

#2 Post by snakebug »

Ouch, that happens to everybody... At least he didnt have an audience when this happened.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Squirrels; truly nature's most dangerous predators.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

JC the Supreme Tiger
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#4 Post by JC the Supreme Tiger »

And he was so sure too...

At least [dbe]'s conscious.
Lurk moar; it's never enough.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by TinyVoices »

Yay! Finally!

The shading in this page is nice. Perfect opportunity to practice with scales that affect mood and all. :P

Zylver
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Zylver »

Ahh, new year's first comic page! :grin: Excellent :D

Does this mean now we have been wrong all the time when we thought that the yellow eyes in the background belonged to Zen?! :P S:P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by johny »

Lol this one was too funny lol i love the look the squirrel gives him lol.

Josh.C
Citizen

#8 Post by Josh.C »

There's no need to fear!

Sythe the Wolf is here!

Seems like Raine and Red are making progress again on understanding one another. Of course Scythe is a bit jumpy. Zen might not even attack yet. He may wait a couple of days for the situation to degrade their mental and physical health.

Heck, Zen's probably with a cup of coffee and a doughnut, trying not to laugh at Scythe. :P

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Hoppy »

That last panel is SO awesome.... but... what if that "squirrel" really IS Zen using an illusion disguise again?? :shock:
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Stryder221 »

Hoppy wrote:That last panel is SO awesome.... but... what if that "squirrel" really IS Zen using an illusion disguise again?? :shock:
If that was the case, I don't think he'd be able to stand on what is basically a twig without breaking it. Then again, it's magic, so pretty much anything goes. :|

A slight bit risky, though, as I'm sure that squirrels are edible.

I doubt it's him, I don't think Zen has any mana crystals to use, as he most likely used them all in his first attack.
[I'm not entirely sure about that, so don't quote me on anything. I'm just saying what makes the most sense to me.]
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#11 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Yay, new comic!
Wow, Sythe sure looks tired in the second panel... poor guy's starting to go crazy with anxiety and anticipation of the impending attack!

Zylver
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Zylver »

Stryder221 wrote:If that was the case, I don't think he'd be able to stand on what is basically a twig without breaking it. Then again, it's magic, so pretty much anything goes. :|

A slight bit risky, though, as I'm sure that squirrels are edible.

I doubt it's him, I don't think Zen has any mana crystals to use, as he most likely used them all in his first attack.
[I'm not entirely sure about that, so don't quote me on anything. I'm just saying what makes the most sense to me.]
Yup, that went through my mind as well :P If the squirrel is Zen, that twig could not endure his mass for sure :P

However, I'm curious, if the illusion spell does not just only change the caster's appearance, but also its mass... if it changes, that would explain something: Lady Nora was on board Eric's ship as a cat, and she could sleep on a shelf over the bed of Trace and Flora. If the illusion does not change her mass, she wouldn't have been able to sleep there, not to mention when she jumped on the ship from the pier, everybody would have felt that something just... boarded the ship :D
Of course, a dragon has more magical energy to perform a powerful illusion spell like this, unlike a broke assassin like Zen, so we could assume that there are more type of illusions as well :roll:

Back to work...

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Well well, so Sythe is not stupid or complacent. We all know how people in those situations get... easily startled, for one. No doubt Sythe heard its rustling before turning around.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#14 Post by obi-wan »

Sythe have to leave the coffee, because apparently it gets very nervous
May the force be with you

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#15 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Zylver wrote:However, I'm curious, if the illusion spell does not just only change the caster's appearance, but also its mass... if it changes, that would explain something: Lady Nora was on board Eric's ship as a cat, and she could sleep on a shelf over the bed of Trace and Flora. If the illusion does not change her mass, she wouldn't have been able to sleep there, not to mention when she jumped on the ship from the pier, everybody would have felt that something just... boarded the ship :D
Far as I know, Lady Nora, and presumably other dragons as well, are full-on shapeshifters - or, at least, that's what the cast page calls her. I would assume that an actual change of shape (rather than a mere illusion) would include things like becoming the appropriate mass for whatever you shifted into.

I really like the perspective in the third panel. It fits the theme of paranoia nicely, like something out of a horror movie.

One thing I have been wondering, though - where did Sythe's pants go? He had them when Raine was injured, but seems to have gotten rid of them somewhere along the way since. I wonder if he just prefers it that way? Keidran attitudes towards clothing have varied widely among the different groups we've seen; perhaps Sythe's tribe falls towards the 'less clothing' end. Or maybe he just wants as much freedom of motion as possible if there's a chance of getting into a fight.