Comic for February 29th, 2012

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gradivus
Master

Re: Comic for February 29th, 2012

#121 Post by Gradivus »

Tiennos wrote:Besides who started the fire, what I'm wondering about is what would anyone hope to achieve this way ?
Perhaps it's a porpoise who did it on purpose.
Ace5762 wrote:Just a quick thing that's irritating me- 'Simplest' is spelt incorrectly.
Maybe "simpliest" (simply-est) is just the way Eric talks. Image

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#122 Post by RennisTora »

Yumarii~wolf wrote:
Tiennos wrote:My prediction for the upcoming events would go like that :

:eric: : Confess !
:evals: : No, it wasn't me.
:eric: : Huh. Weird.
:flora: : See ? He's innocent, now take the collar off.
:eric: : Nope.
:flora: : RAWR !

Besides who started the fire, what I'm wondering about is what would anyone hope to achieve this way ?
The slaves might have wanted to do it to run away on the lifeboat, but I'm almost sure they didn't. After all, it was Mike who alerted everybody to the fire and if Evals planned to leave while the others were busy, he wouldn't have juste stayed there sleeping...
If it's the semi-mysterious general's killer, what the hell is his plan anyway ? First he helps the girls just so he can shipwreck them the next day ?

A yet-unseen new character could have his own reasons, so I guess it's the most plausible ? Unless Keith is a lot more depressed than he seems...

and wouldn't it be funny if it was simply an accidental fire?
I have a feeling it might of been Natani's brother though it
wouldn't make much sense as to how he got to them and on the boat... Unless he used the magic way point thing that
Natani sayed they used to get them to the ship in a hurry?... hmmm indeed.

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#123 Post by RedDwarfIV »

RennisTora wrote:
Yumarii~wolf wrote:
Tiennos wrote:My prediction for the upcoming events would go like that :

:eric: : Confess !
:evals: : No, it wasn't me.
:eric: : Huh. Weird.
:flora: : See ? He's innocent, now take the collar off.
:eric: : Nope.
:flora: : RAWR !

Besides who started the fire, what I'm wondering about is what would anyone hope to achieve this way ?
The slaves might have wanted to do it to run away on the lifeboat, but I'm almost sure they didn't. After all, it was Mike who alerted everybody to the fire and if Evals planned to leave while the others were busy, he wouldn't have juste stayed there sleeping...
If it's the semi-mysterious general's killer, what the hell is his plan anyway ? First he helps the girls just so he can shipwreck them the next day ?

A yet-unseen new character could have his own reasons, so I guess it's the most plausible ? Unless Keith is a lot more depressed than he seems...

and wouldn't it be funny if it was simply an accidental fire?
I have a feeling it might of been Natani's brother though it
wouldn't make much sense as to how he got to them and on the boat... Unless he used the magic way point thing that
Natani sayed they used to get them to the ship in a hurry?... hmmm indeed.
I don't see it. Similar hairstyle, I made that comparison myself. But he was tasked with following Maren, Karen, Raine, [Database Error] and Sythe. As an assassin, I don't think he would deviate from that much more than taking breaks to talk to Natani.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Tiennos
Citizen

#124 Post by Tiennos »

Accident ? How does a lantern fall in a boat on a completely calm sea ? (nice weather they have by the way, haven't seen any kind of storm since they started cruising ^^)

Maybe the stowaway bumped it by accident... What might be more likely is that he wanted everyone distracted while he is doing something else on the ship. No way to guess what that would be though. :|
I'm adorable !

Tephras
Apprentice

#125 Post by Tephras »

BadFoMo wrote:I personally hope the stowaway does something to help Evals. Like disenchant the collar or something like that.
As a Basitin? Not likely at all. I can't think of any established character that it could be who would be sympathetic towards the slaves, yet also capable of such a task. Maybe Euchre, but I think he has more important things to be doing than stalking Trace directly, and I can't imagine why he would start the fire or neglect to extinguish it if it were someone else's doing, assuming he wouldn't be caught in the process.

The only one who will be helping Evals right now is himself, if you ask me. Trace and Flora will advocate his freedom, but only if he proves himself innocent first.

Weon Kenedi
Citizen

#126 Post by Weon Kenedi »

Well, i think the theory about The Stalker Girl it will not work anyway.

If you look at this page, at the third panel there is a Basitin in the pier. The only one who was with Keith was The stalker girl. So, it can't be her.
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝
And in the end, we were made to be apart
Like separate chambers of the human heart... ♫♪

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#127 Post by judah4 »

Weon Kenedi wrote:Well, i think the theory about The Stalker Girl it will not work anyway.

If you look at this page, at the third panel there is a Basitin in the pier. The only one who was with Keith was The stalker girl. So, it can't be her.
Just because there is a basitin standing on the dock, it doesn't rule out Stalker girl. Anyone could be standing on the pier at this time. It could have been someone that took off the ropes from the dock so they can set sail

thebadman
New Citizen

#128 Post by thebadman »

I think Kenedi is right she was there after giving Keith remains of Laura.
@judah4
If it wasn't were her, who then insta ran there just to stand?

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#129 Post by judah4 »

thebadman wrote:I think Kenedi is right she was there after giving Keith remains of Laura.
@judah4
Like I said, a dock worker, watching a very interesting boat sail off.

NickR23
Apprentice

#130 Post by NickR23 »

thebadman wrote:I think Kenedi is right she was there after giving Keith remains of Laura.
@judah4
I remember this discussion back when we were still on the dock page. The general consensus was that none of the people at the dock were Stalker Girl because they aren't wearing her helmet shown here. Not to say she couldn't have taken it off, but Tom tends to keep certain distinguishing features with his characters.
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#131 Post by RedDwarfIV »

Tephras wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:I personally hope the stowaway does something to help Evals. Like disenchant the collar or something like that.
As a Basitin? Not likely at all. I can't think of any established character that it could be who would be sympathetic towards the slaves, yet also capable of such a task. Maybe Euchre, but I think he has more important things to be doing than stalking Trace directly, and I can't imagine why he would start the fire or neglect to extinguish it if it were someone else's doing, assuming he wouldn't be caught in the process.

The only one who will be helping Evals right now is himself, if you ask me. Trace and Flora will advocate his freedom, but only if he proves himself innocent first.
(I'm in Britain, Tom's 8 hours ahead. Do not know if he's posted the new sketch yet, haven't checked the site.)

I still think its possible that it can be made clear that Evals didn't do it without him having to answer the ambiguous question if the stowaway does some more damage before he can answer.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage