RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for February 29th, 2012

#46 Post by RedDwarfIV »

templar99 wrote:
Leafstripe wrote:
templar99 wrote:
Moviedude18.0 wrote:
templar99 wrote:lol this weeks comic is dramatic!
i cant wait for evals Eric to get what he deserves.

Fixed it for ya'. :P

Unless you actually meant Evals...in which case I ask why you say that.
lol. i think evals should die or at least get punished for trying to burn the ship down.
it was reasonable for him to want to escape but he didnt have to burn the ship with everyone on it including flora, who tried to help him, and mike, whos his friend.
By all accounts there is actually zero proof that Evals is the one who started the fire.
hes the only suspect.
kat likes eric so she wouldnt do it.
keith, natani, trace and flora need the ship to get to orchard valley so they wouldnt.
mike said he wouldnt rebel so it cant be him.
and also evals was found sleeping in a life boat.
You forget... The Barrel Dweller...
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#47 Post by judah4 »

RedDwarfIV wrote: You forget... The Barrel Dweller...
From Eric's perspective, the barrel dweller doesn't exist

Horrordar
Traveler

#48 Post by Horrordar »

We'll see what Tom has in his mind for the next page.. And yes. The way he writes the characters have changed. End of story. Time will tell.
I can also imagine that Evals has a lifeless kind of tone.
Birth.. Death.. That is the beggining of a life.. and the end of one. People celebrate birth, but fear inevitable death.. How courious.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#49 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Except Trace showed Eric that hedoes have the funds.Since Eric never responded, there still exists the possibility Eic would be willing to sell his slaves (if the amount satisfies his greed).

EDIT: why isn't my link working?
Image Image

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#50 Post by RedDwarfIV »

judah4 wrote:
RedDwarfIV wrote: You forget... The Barrel Dweller...
From Eric's perspective, the barrel dweller doesn't exist
Templar99 didn't seem to realise either.

Which is why I pointed it out.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#51 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Jeez I go to bed, then go to classes and this thread already has 4 pages??

On Topic: Well, that's one way to get the truth out of someone, I'm partially hoping Eric removes the collar, though I already know he wont.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#52 Post by judah4 »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Except Trace showed Eric that hedoes have the funds.Since Eric never responded, there still exists the possibility Eic would be willing to sell his slaves (if the amount satisfies his greed).

EDIT: why isn't my link working?
you forgot the http:// part and url right after the address.

Eric is a business man, He doesn't let feelings get in the way to often except for Kat.

Nulono
Citizen

#53 Post by Nulono »

:evals: "No, I did not."
:eric: "Okay, then." *takes off the collar*

Also, yay, :trace: and :flora: still exist!
:flora:: Hey you! Stop humping my boyfriend! *thwack*

There's Livejournal drama between those who want to wear human suits over fursuits and those who just take off the fursuits.
Beefmonger wrote:Thor: That's what she said!
Zeus: Your mom!
:natani: = ♀

Dog Master
Citizen

#54 Post by Dog Master »

Ok so what if Evaks says he did not set the fire on the boat but also mentions that he saw the barrel dweller on the ship but didn't saying anything about it because he was taking his nap, what would possibly happen then?
"This is the internet, you got to keep your mind open to things." - Myself

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#55 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

I know it's been mentioned before, but I really don't get why Evals is goin' all tranquil on us. He clearly still had emotions with the collars on before the blast and if it was some sort of improved control spell then why didn't Eric mention it? Plus in the last comic Eric said he was going to make them go "back to normal". Or maybe i'm reading too much into it and Evals is just depressed about the collar.

Anyway, do we get it now guys? It really is the only way to know the truth. It doesn't matter if there's no proof, when there's only two suspects the concept of "proof" is practically irrelevant. I didn't know before that putting the collar on would make him answer truthfully, now that I do I would probably do the same thing in Eric's position.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#56 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

VERY, GOOD

Niara
Apprentice

#57 Post by Niara »

Personally, I feel that the rason Eric isn't prepared to sell them (And recall, he did say that even if Trace had enough money, they weren't for sale... that Trace then said he had oodles, if they'd go over here, shouldn't really change that.), is becuase he has genuinely grown attached to their company and having them about on his ship.

Yes, he's a slaver, and trades in such, but we've seen clearly that he doesn't LIKE the control spells, and uses them on the slaves he's trading as necessity only.... not defending the industry at all, just noting that eric is complicit in it as a follower, not a leder: If slavery was outlawed, he probably wouldnt' object as fiercely as some seem to think, especially if he could still have alucrative source of income, free reign to travel the world, and ready access to pretty, pretty girls to pose for him... I think, in fact, that if he could have all of those thigns without the slavery aspect, he'd jump at it.

So, I thnk he's unwilling to sell them for any cost, ebcuase he likes haivng htem about.. almsot for hte same reason he'd never dream of selling Kat, though, obviously, not as strongly.

This elads me to think that they might reach some sort of compromise where Eric is forced, uncomfortably, to admit that he just plain wants them to stay; they're his best and favourites, and that haivng admitted as much, we may end up with them Free, but still working for Eric.

Unfortunately, after Eric so firmly replacing the collar on Evals, no matter that his reasons are purely driven by needing to know an absolute truth, I'm having a harder time imaging Evals acceptinghtat compromise... Mike though, certainly.

Weon Kenedi
Citizen

#58 Post by Weon Kenedi »

Wow!... Great! Now we just have to wait untill next week to see........ the truth!!!

Hey, now I see what is different oin Eric!
His hair is no longer tied! See?
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝
And in the end, we were made to be apart
Like separate chambers of the human heart... ♫♪

hokorippoi

#59 Post by hokorippoi »

Mind staple to keep control.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Niara wrote:Personally, I feel that the rason Eric isn't prepared to sell them (And recall, he did say that even if Trace had enough money, they weren't for sale... that Trace then said he had oodles, if they'd go over here, shouldn't really change that.), is becuase he has genuinely grown attached to their company and having them about on his ship.

Yes, he's a slaver, and trades in such, but we've seen clearly that he doesn't LIKE the control spells, and uses them on the slaves he's trading as necessity only.... not defending the industry at all, just noting that eric is complicit in it as a follower, not a leder: If slavery was outlawed, he probably wouldnt' object as fiercely as some seem to think, especially if he could still have alucrative source of income, free reign to travel the world, and ready access to pretty, pretty girls to pose for him... I think, in fact, that if he could have all of those thigns without the slavery aspect, he'd jump at it.

So, I thnk he's unwilling to sell them for any cost, ebcuase he likes haivng htem about.. almsot for hte same reason he'd never dream of selling Kat, though, obviously, not as strongly.

This elads me to think that they might reach some sort of compromise where Eric is forced, uncomfortably, to admit that he just plain wants them to stay; they're his best and favourites, and that haivng admitted as much, we may end up with them Free, but still working for Eric.

Unfortunately, after Eric so firmly replacing the collar on Evals, no matter that his reasons are purely driven by needing to know an absolute truth, I'm having a harder time imaging Evals acceptinghtat compromise... Mike though, certainly.
If Eric inspires such friendship with his slaves, why did he immediately suspect Evals as the vandal that caused the fire? Why not any of the acquaintances that have been traveling on his ship? The answer is simple; because he believes that without the control spells, his slaves would immediately rebel, sabotage, or escape at the soonest possible convenience. If he truly treated his slaves as friends, equals, or even pets, he'd have no reason to fear such a thing. And Eric talks the talk when it comes to how evil he believes his control spells to be, but when you get right down to it the only reason he doesn't have one on Kat is because she's a favorite of his (that, or he doesn't think he needs one...).

So no, Eric's refusal to sell his slaves does not stem from some deep emotional attachment. At best, he simply doesn't want to give up two very competent sailors (two people running an entire ship? That's pretty darn impressive). At worst, he doesn't want to relenquish his control over two living beings he's dominated for years now. Notice he asks Evals, "Did you set fire to my ship?" The "my" is in bold and signifies force behind the word, and there's a reason for such emphases. He's not mad because he thinks Evals tried to kill everyone on board, he's angry because he thinks Evals dared to defy him and attempted to destroy his ship and kill him.

In short, he might treat his slaves decently, but only because he can both afford to do so and it satisfies his need to exert control over everything. If Eric were to refuse to sell Mike and Evals despite a hefty amount of money offered, it would be to satisfy his megalomania. And the reason he's so determined to find out for sure if Evals started the fire is because he's scared-no, terrified of his slaves turning on him and loosing control.
Image Image