Comic for February 10th, 2012

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Divenity
Council Member

Re: Comic for February 10th, 2012

#61 Post by Divenity »

Twokinds poster wrote:Does anyone else have a suspicion that Keith may have killed himself? Man, imagine that
I sure hope not >.>

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#62 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well, all i can say is, this worked out even better than i had hoped it would.
mostly because, though it did seem a tad silly at first, i'm glad i was correct that it did turn out to be a relevant factor later on.
i suppose that is but one of many of my favorite things about tom's writing style: comedy relief moments ending up to be significant later on.
kinda like how that pizza party at the inn was mentioned later, kat knowing how to read (eric's books) and even mike being michelle for that little while.
Twokinds poster wrote:Does anyone else have a suspicion that Keith may have killed himself? Man, imagine that
i doubt it, as he still wants to transport laura's ashes to a suitable resting place, so it'd be fitting for him to hold on for that if nothing else.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#63 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

BadFoMo wrote:
avwolf wrote:Though why is Mike suddenly British? Those are Queen's English turns of phrase.
That’s what I said a while ago. Mike has used the word ‘Oy’ the way the stereotypical British would, twice and I believe the word ‘Daft’ is another stereotypical British term. Which once again makes me ask if Wreathwood (the place they left when they first started for the Basitin Island) is that world’s version of England, if that is where Mike was born in captivity.
I never really paid attention to that. But now that you mention it, it makes sense.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah I thought that too. Maan, that would be an AMAZING twist. After everything's sorted they go into his room to find he jumped off the boat or something...whew.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#64 Post by BadFoMo »

primalcaller ergos wrote:
i doubt it, as he still wants to transport laura's ashes to a suitable resting place, so it'd be fitting for him to hold on for that if nothing else.
I’m going to have to agree with primalcaller ergos on this subject. Although I don’t have any evidence to back this up, something tells me he is one of those ‘duty before pleasure’ types. However…
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah I thought that too. Maan, that would be an AMAZING twist. After everything's sorted they go into his room to find he jumped off the boat or something...whew.
While I’m not sure that would be an amazing twist, what I would find funny is if they found his journal, read the last entry which we written depressingly enough to be mistaken for a suicide note possibly including words like, “They are all dead because of me, I can’t take it anymore”, they see the window open and let their imaginations fill in the blanks.

While in reality, he just need a little fresh air and white noise to try and help him come to terms with what has happened while he writes in his journal, “They are all dead because of me, I can’t take it anymore, but I have to go on. Although I betrayed and then rescued my one friend and attempted to kill another, I can’t help but feel that I need to still make it up to them. And after all that Laura went through, just to find me, I think I should be the one to return her remains to the mainland. She deserves nothing less.” But before he can finish, Mike calls out that there’s a fire in the store hold and goes to help. On his way to the store hold, he catches a glimpse of someone who shouldn’t be there and is running away from a fire. Keith’s mind instantly goes to Stowaway/Arsonist and gives chase confident that his friends will be able to put out the fire without him. Besides if the Stowaway/Arsonist gets away and hides in another part of the ship, what’s to stop them from starting another fire?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Dog Master
Citizen

#65 Post by Dog Master »

So now the situation is getting even more confusing for Natani now that Mike is revealing his own little dark secret, course Mike is probably only going to end up making himself look like a fool since we all know that Basitin black magic was just made up by Keith randomly on the spot. Also, is anybody else noticing that Tom is drawing Kathrin's eyes differently in these recent panels?
"This is the internet, you got to keep your mind open to things." - Myself

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#66 Post by TinyVoices »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:-snip-
[...]Not to imply Twokinds is of the same quality (it's ultimately not), but Tom is using a technique that William Shakesphere loved in his plays.
:D "I pray you, remember the porter!"

Tom supposedly already knows several pages in advance of us. Which makes sense, because he's writing it all. But he also supposedly has scribbles and such, which help him remember what he wants to happen.
(So many "supposedly"s, because I've never seen anything that would confirm this. Anything short of a link of Tom himself saying this, won't confirm this. So, if anything just stick with the idea that he knows what happens "next", long before we even know what his "now" is.)

So, for Tom, this is just as you- and many others- have said: Read the whole chapter, not just one-ish page per week for two months. It makes a tad bit more sense.

Not enough to help right now to save Kat from the brutal "damn liberal PSAs"... So I'll just let you guys tire yourselves out about it.

Captain Falcon
FALCON. PUUUUNNNCH!!

#67 Post by Captain Falcon »

I wouldn't doubt it. He attempted it a few chapters ago in the inn.

- deds to Tahko-The-Virus

-Custom title because I'm THAT cool.

Iron Ed
Merchant

#68 Post by Iron Ed »

Schrodinger wrote:... I admit, this is very poorly timed, very poorly timed but this is in no way shape or form as bad as [censored] Jar Jar...
But; I -liked- Jar-Jar! :potatoes:
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt

karriban

#69 Post by karriban »

So mike isn't as sharp as we thought! I rather like this turn of events though. It felt odd the direction the last page was leading too, so i'm glad Tom went with this. Now my mind is being bombarded with the possibilities for what the next page/s might hold.

Shadow3750
Citizen

#70 Post by Shadow3750 »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:Tom is using a technique that William Shakesphere loved in his plays. He's spent the majority of the chapter building drama. Now, right before the climax, he's cut away to a semi-related scene. Why? For comedy. If you read the scene in one sitting, rather than a page a week as we have done, this scene seems more comedic than dramatic, especially with the turn it's taking now.
Thanks bro, that clears the fan-service mess in my head, you have purged the unholy taint from my mind, thank you again.
avwolf wrote:On top of that, it was suggested that Mike caught a whiff of Natani's scent during that period, further cementing the concept in his head that Keith had turned Natani into a woman, for Keith's own nefarious ends.
I knew I missed something thanks good sir.

Hoot
Apprentice

#71 Post by Hoot »

First:
Yyyyyeeeeeeesssss, a bonus (sp?) page. Image Image Tom you Image (rock).

Second:
:mike:: What an idiot.
:kathrin:: Way to go girl. You stepped up to the plate and showed :mike:'s "error".
:natani:: My humblest (sp?) appoligy for :mike:.
-Hoot

Weon Kenedi
Citizen

#72 Post by Weon Kenedi »

*Boring at the PC*
*- Let's see what is going on the Two Kinds site*
*Access the site*
*See a new post*

Man, i learned to love this comic in one month. Along with Naruto, is what makes my Wednesdays perfect.
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝
And in the end, we were made to be apart
Like separate chambers of the human heart... ♫♪

Deaththekat
Merchant

#73 Post by Deaththekat »

I'm not sure if I want to hit Tom for the black magic part(I wanted Natani to come to accept ____-self (;_;) )
Or to hug him for the mike part and the "wat"
Meh a little of both,
OH TOOOM~<3 c'mere I won't hurt you.
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#74 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Bear hug??? Hug his damn brains out then put them back in real quick else no more 2k!!!
ImageImageImage

SteelWings
Traveler
Location: Nelson City South Island of New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere Planet earth, Terran solar system

#75 Post by SteelWings »

Wait :natani:'s robe is magicaly repaired again? hehe how did 'he' manage that?

or is that just the front half and it split down the sides or something? *head tilts*

Anyway love Natani's expression in the final pannel :p
HELLO DEAR FRIEND MY NAME IS FRED, THE WORDS YOU HEAR ARE IN MY HEAD.
I SAY...I SAID MY NAME IS FRED, AND I'VE BEEN VERY
NAAAAAUUUUGHTY