Comic for February 10th, 2012

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elo
Master

Re: Comic for February 10th, 2012

#46 Post by Elo »

I had a feeling Mike was going to pull the Black Basitin card out. Now, there are several ways this can pan out (at least from my perspective)...

1.) Natani convinces Mike and Kat to keep this secret to themselves, since they are both understand it is an awkward predicament. Keith gets blamed.

2.) The rest of the gang come in and see Natani. Keith gets blamed. But Natani can't stand it anymore and tells everyone the truth.

3.) Same as two. However, Keith decides to take the blame.

Whatever the case, Keith gets blamed for Natani's situation. If that happens Natani will either feel guilty and tell everyone (whether if or not Keith takes the blame). However, Keith could take the blame and Natani keeps here secret (which I would think would be rather selfish of her).
My Deviantart Page: http://themightyelo.deviantart.com/
My Furaffinity Page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/themightyelo/
My Tumblr Page: http://themightyelo.tumblr.com/

"Not all who wander are lost." - The Lord of the Rings

Cody MacArthur Fett
Master

#47 Post by Cody MacArthur Fett »

Fraggranaut wrote:
Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:Well, that was a nice desecration on the part of the author, but that still doesn't change the fact that the last comic was a poorly thought out PSA that never should have happened, or that dramatically speaking we should really be focusing on Evals and the drama top side -- seriously, this is like cutting to Jar Jar Binks and C-3P0 juggling whompas right in the middle of Darth Maul swinging at Obi-Wan.
'Desecration' of his own creation? Something of his, which is ultimately determined by what he wants to do with it? I mean, be unhappy with how he's going with it if you want but the word 'desecration' doesn't really fit. If it was a fan author abusing the canon of a story or something horribly, yeah, but not when referring to how someone goes about his original work.
. . . I mean to say "Distraction." :shock: Sorry about the confusion.

Shiru
Apprentice

#48 Post by Shiru »

If Natani's smart, she'll try to get out of here on the grounds that Keith has been acting funny, so she's going to talk to him about it... Run off, re-apply magical boob-concealing bandages, then come back and say that they worked everything out and she's a good and proper man again!

...Of course I can't remember the last time Natani handled herself properly in a situation like this.

I Love Twokinds
Grand Templar

#49 Post by I Love Twokinds »

This just keeps getting better and better. :P Awesome!
You Only Live Once!
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#50 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

What? NOW you're playing the Basitin Black Magic card AFTER that whole transgender speech?

[inhales deeply] SIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Gee. I wonder what's happening with Eric and Evals right now? Or perhaps Trace and Flora. Heck, I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with [Database Error] and the others. I don't care. Just cut to something else already!!!

Divenity
Council Member

#51 Post by Divenity »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote:What? NOW you're playing the Basitin Black Magic card AFTER that whole transgender speech?

[inhales deeply] SIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Gee. I wonder what's happening with Eric and Evals right now? Or perhaps Trace and Flora. Heck, I'm beginning to wonder what's going on with [Database Error] and the others. I don't care. Just cut to something else already!!!

I agree, this whole thing seems a bit stretched, and there are more important things needing to be addressed >.>

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#52 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Divenity wrote:I agree, this whole thing seems a bit stretched, and there are more important things needing to be addressed >.>
Indeed. I find this video highly appropriate for this scene. :natani: http://youtu.be/2bKEpt-LwSo :natani:

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Natani in last panel= :|
I hope the first explanation is the one that sticks. Natani's secret really needs to be out at this point, even just to make this all worth while.
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Divenity
Council Member

#54 Post by Divenity »

AlfaWskyDlta wrote:Natani in last panel= :|
I hope the first explanation is the one that sticks. Natani's secret really needs to be out at this point, even just to make this all worth while.
I agree that, at least, it needs to come out, else this was all just a big waste of... a lot of strips.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#55 Post by Schrodinger »

Alvin-Earthworm wrote:
Divenity wrote:I agree, this whole thing seems a bit stretched, and there are more important things needing to be addressed >.>
Indeed. I find this video highly appropriate for this scene. :natani: http://youtu.be/2bKEpt-LwSo :natani:
I think this one works better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Gradivus
Master

#56 Post by Gradivus »

Ah gee, guys, I'm sure we can get at least twenty more strips with interminable discussions of Natani's sex and gender, close calls of nearly having her sex revealed to the other characters, and then explaining it away in a dozen different ways. That's what's been going on since July of last year, with little else happening. So why stop now, when it can keep going on like this for more months to come! Image

Or... maybe someone could just push old dog-face overboard, and we could get on with the main story! Image

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#57 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Gradivus wrote:Ah gee, guys, I'm sure we can get at least twenty more strips with interminable discussions of Natani's sex and gender, close calls of nearly having her sex revealed to the other characters, and then explaining it away in a dozen different ways. That's what's been going on since July of last year, with little else happening. So why stop now, when it can keep going on like this for more months to come! Image

Or... maybe someone could just push old dog-face overboard, and we could get on with the main story! Image
I'm in favor of the pushing overboard scenario. I like the character, but now I'm just getting incredibly bored of her gender confusion issues.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for February 10, 2012

#58 Post by BadFoMo »

avwolf wrote:Though why is Mike suddenly British? Those are Queen's English turns of phrase.
That’s what I said a while ago. Mike has used the word ‘Oy’ the way the stereotypical British would, twice and I believe the word ‘Daft’ is another stereotypical British term. Which once again makes me ask if Wreathwood (the place they left when they first started for the Basitin Island) is that world’s version of England, if that is where Mike was born in captivity.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#59 Post by avwolf »

Wow, I think I totally overlooked at least one of those times, though now that you mention it, I do remember you bringing it up at least once before. Chalk me down for membership in your "Wreathwood == England" club then. :P

Twokinds poster

#60 Post by Twokinds poster »

Does anyone else have a suspicion that Keith may have killed himself? Man, imagine that