Comic for December 8th,2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for December 8th,2011

#46 Post by tony1695 »

Waka The Fox wrote:
Ace5762 wrote:Does anyone else think the twokinds world would make for a kickass rpg?
yep i do, would be fun indeed.
And now that we have a proper map someone could actually make a decent attempt at a Twokinds roleplay in the RP board.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Nulono
Citizen

#47 Post by Nulono »

Kerensky287 wrote:
Nulono wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
Terras wrote:I hope I didn't miss something, but I noticed the Western Basitins are in the east, and the Eastern Basitins are in the west.
I’m not sure where it was, but I’m pretty sure it was stated that it’s supposed to be like that. I don’t know why it’s like that either, but if I had to guess, it was probably because the East and West governments conquered their enemy’s capital but lost their own due to their unending war with each other.
Terras wrote:I hope I didn't miss something, but I noticed the Western Basitins are in the east, and the Eastern Basitins are in the west.
I just assumed down was north.
There's a compass rose right on the map, though. North is upward.

I do think that there's probably a funny story (in hindsight) about how the two factions switched sides of the island.

Also, I notice that number 7 is on the Basitin Islands, but there's a number 8 on the map, too. Gasp, does that mean that the party will really escape their predicament alive?! OMG SPOILERZZ
Yep, I totally missed the compass rose.

Maybe it's like Iceland and Greenland. ;)
:flora:: Hey you! Stop humping my boyfriend! *thwack*

There's Livejournal drama between those who want to wear human suits over fursuits and those who just take off the fursuits.
Beefmonger wrote:Thor: That's what she said!
Zeus: Your mom!
:natani: = ♀

Welsh Mullet

#48 Post by Welsh Mullet »

Yay, the forrest wolves are all Welsh speakers! Just look at those place names |D

Guess most of you won't get how to pronounce them! :P

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#49 Post by AmigaDragon »

LordViking wrote:If you look at the top and bottom it seems as if they can be folded to each other with just a small strip of land missing between. If that is true it would mean that on the maps the North and South of the TwoKinds world relate to each other like the East and West on maps in our world, as in, you can fold your map to make it a continues loop.
Whatever you think you know about the map, I think this covers not (much) more than 1/4 of their world. There's no indication here on the south of any ice like at our north pole, and there's a whole continent missing where the humans came from... unless that's a simplified story to cover them coming through a portal from another world instead.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#50 Post by judah4 »

Waka The Fox wrote:
Ace5762 wrote:Does anyone else think the twokinds world would make for a kickass rpg?
yep i do, would be fun indeed.
I have a half working rpg system for the twokinds game I'm making. With a little work, it could be translated into pen and paper and roleplaying

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#51 Post by Hoppy »

I'm kinda thinking I'll just use the maps and world info I have, and plug it all into a HERO System format for rpg fun. HERO System is a great 'universal' rpg for things like this. Steve Jackson Games GURPS would be another.
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#52 Post by avwolf »

AmigaDragon wrote:
LordViking wrote:If you look at the top and bottom it seems as if they can be folded to each other with just a small strip of land missing between. If that is true it would mean that on the maps the North and South of the TwoKinds world relate to each other like the East and West on maps in our world, as in, you can fold your map to make it a continues loop.
Whatever you think you know about the map, I think this covers not (much) more than 1/4 of their world. There's no indication here on the south of any ice like at our north pole, and there's a whole continent missing where the humans came from... unless that's a simplified story to cover them coming through a portal from another world instead.
According to Tom, the Humans didn't come from anywhere -- they originated from the Eastern side of the continent and simply were sailing around the continent when they met with the Wolves:
Tom wrote:[...]As for the Humans, keep in mind that those in the colony from that boat were only the first ones the Wolves had ever seen. The Humans already had a well-established capital in the eastern part of the continent. Natani was never given a formal education, so her knowledge of historical events are flawed and made up entirely of hearsay.[...]

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#53 Post by BadFoMo »

On the front page for December 8th, 2011, Tom wrote:Finals Week
Once again, it's that time of of the Semester. Finals week is upon me, and as a result, I've been stressed for time. The next page will have to be put on hold until after Friday morning, when my last final takes place. In the meantime, I thought I might as well put up something I've been working on for you guys. I present to you, a new fantasy-style map of the Twokinds world, complete with names and locations. I've been working for quite a long time on this thing, and it's still a work in progress. Everything is still subject to change, though it's nearly finalized at this point. The blue numbers indicate locations of events that have taken place during the course of the comic, and the black numbers indicate events that happened in flashbacks. Enjoy exploring the map! And yes, a large inspiration for this came from the lovely map of Skyrim which came with the game.
Well, good luck with your finals if they have not already been dealt with.
On the front page for December 8th, 2011, Tom wrote:...The next page will have to be put on hold until after Friday morning, when my last final takes place...
So does this mean the map isn’t a replacement for the comic last Wednesday? There is going to be a comic sometime today or if not tomorrow? If so, wow!

Also, there is two 'of's in the first sentence when there only should be one.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

UltraFennec
Citizen

#54 Post by UltraFennec »

Hoppy wrote:I'm kinda thinking I'll just use the maps and world info I have, and plug it all into a HERO System format for rpg fun. HERO System is a great 'universal' rpg for things like this. Steve Jackson Games GURPS would be another.
I think Ironclaw's second edition would be perfect for TwoKinds, actually. It's already got pretty much any Keidran race/species you could think of covered, and with a little bit of work you could easily make humans and basitin (if you didn't just want to give them the stats of an existing race/species and call it good). The system is fantasy, but starts on the lower end of the fantasy scale and works its way up with a decent amount of non-linearity. Fun stuff.
Complete PnP RPG nut. If you have questions on rules, settings, or anything else regarding an RPG made in the last 20 years, I can probably answer it, either from memory or from MAD info-gather skills.

kaid
Traveler

#55 Post by kaid »

With all the talk about the Blue 8, the bastinians, and the Gaelic wolves, I think people missed the other big revalation here- the black 1 and 2.

2 is pretty obvously the Other Guys, with the wolf invasion of the human town and the 15' teleport... but when were they ever at "Temple West Colledge?" (unless that was the pizza party, but then why isnt trace there as well? *needs to go back through the archives*)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#56 Post by judah4 »

kaid wrote:With all the talk about the Blue 8, the bastinians, and the Gaelic wolves, I think people missed the other big revalation here- the black 1 and 2.

2 is pretty obvously the Other Guys, with the wolf invasion of the human town and the 15' teleport... but when were they ever at "Temple West Colledge?" (unless that was the pizza party, but then why isnt trace there as well? *needs to go back through the archives*)
Tom wrote that the black 1 and 2 where where flash backs took place

bigro
Grand Templar

#57 Post by bigro »

I find the lack of any tropics disturbing...unless I'm not looking proper.

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by Talaisan »

UltraFennec wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I'm kinda thinking I'll just use the maps and world info I have, and plug it all into a HERO System format for rpg fun. HERO System is a great 'universal' rpg for things like this. Steve Jackson Games GURPS would be another.
I think Ironclaw's second edition would be perfect for TwoKinds, actually. It's already got pretty much any Keidran race/species you could think of covered, and with a little bit of work you could easily make humans and basitin (if you didn't just want to give them the stats of an existing race/species and call it good). The system is fantasy, but starts on the lower end of the fantasy scale and works its way up with a decent amount of non-linearity. Fun stuff.
I was thinking this, as well. Y'know what, I might be able to work on a full rulebook using Ironclaw as the base system. But only work on it when my other projects are clear, because the other projects are ones I get paid for.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

DustyMonkey
Citizen

#59 Post by DustyMonkey »

Has anyone tried to find Lyn'Knoll? (I botched the spelling didnt I?)
XBL TAG: HonkIfYourFurry

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#60 Post by judah4 »

DustyMonkey wrote:Has anyone tried to find Lyn'Knoll? (I botched the spelling didnt I?)
Its in the mountains as shown by the old map. It is not shown on this new one