Comic for December 8th,2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for December 8th,2011

#31 Post by Talaisan »

Flyboy1945 wrote:WOW! This will really help my fanfic a lot! Beautiful piece of work Tom! Though I do have 1 piece of criticism, if there is an Arctic Wolf clan, shouldn't there be an Arctic Fox clan as well?

Great Job! This definately makes up for the missing comic on Wednesday.

And yes Tom I feel your pain about Finals, I just finished mine yesterday. Good Luck!
You might have noticed that the Fox territory is pretty small, and divided from the rest by a big old chasm. And right north of that is a village called "Foxhunt".

I think there might have been Arctic Foxes at some point, but without a geographic barrier to limit incursions from the wolves, they were probably either subjugated or eliminated some time ago.

See, I know this guy, writes for Pathfinder... and I'm a decent game designer and world mechanic myself.

Dammit, I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PROJECT.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#32 Post by judah4 »

Talaisan wrote:
Flyboy1945 wrote:WOW! This will really help my fanfic a lot! Beautiful piece of work Tom! Though I do have 1 piece of criticism, if there is an Arctic Wolf clan, shouldn't there be an Arctic Fox clan as well?

And yes Tom I feel your pain about Finals, I just finished mine yesterday. Good Luck!
You might have noticed that the Fox territory is pretty small, and divided from the rest by a big old chasm. And right north of that is a village called "Foxhunt".

I think there might have been Arctic Foxes at some point, but without a geographic barrier to limit incursions from the wolves, they were probably either subjugated or eliminated some time ago.

See, I know this guy, writes for Pathfinder... and I'm a decent game designer and world mechanic myself.

Yes you do, you need to build this world in 3D :wink:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#33 Post by TinyVoices »

@ lehz
No-life mode: Engage!
AzeNaku wrote:I get the feeling either someone will go overboard or the ship will sink and merfolk will save/capture whoever.
Maybe mermaid magic will help Keith get over Laura. (Now that was a good example of how weird my mind works.)

Beautiful map, though. I do like this one much more than the original, and find it interesting that the #8 is at the coast near the Tiger Territory. Which means that either they'll make it by the seat of their pants, or that fate is a troll.

*sees "Foxhunt"* Blast. I'm tinkering with a story right now, and I made one of the locations "Foxhunt Falls". :|

Dog Master
Citizen

#34 Post by Dog Master »

AzeNaku wrote:
Dog Master wrote:hmmm, pretty interesting. I wonder if Tom had the idea of creating a map for the Twokinds universe way back when the comic started but didn't decide to do it until now with his improved artistic abilities(or geographic understanding)?
This is not the first map he's made.
Really? Can you please give me a link or picture of the first one?
"This is the internet, you got to keep your mind open to things." - Myself

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#35 Post by Talaisan »

judah4 wrote:
Talaisan wrote:

Did you know Pathfinder was a pen-n-paper RPG? And that that sort of thing is my specialty? Been playing them for 23 years now.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Personally, I really want to see the plot head into snow wolf territory or some other similarly tundra-ish area.

Also, I couldn't help but think of how awesome an elder scrolls style RPG would be on this map. There is so much variety in the terrain, exploring this world in 3d would be amazing.
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#37 Post by judah4 »

Talaisan wrote:
judah4 wrote:
Talaisan wrote:

Did you know Pathfinder was a pen-n-paper RPG? And that that sort of thing is my specialty? Been playing them for 23 years now.
Yeah sorry, I got excepted when you seaid game designer and I instantly thought video games :P I've played it before, but only once.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#38 Post by TinyVoices »

Dog Master wrote:Really? Can you please give me a link or picture of the first one?
Bam.

Dog Master
Citizen

#39 Post by Dog Master »

Bam.[/quote]
Thanks. Say, there's not much differance between this one and the new one other than the detail put into the new one such as the towns and emblems of faction territories.
"This is the internet, you got to keep your mind open to things." - Myself

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#40 Post by judah4 »

Dog Master wrote:Bam.
Thanks. Say, there's not much difference between this one and the new one other than the detail put into the new one such as the towns and emblems of faction territories.[/quote]
Those details make the map feel so much realer than it was previously. And, It added markers for where the group went

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#41 Post by BadFoMo »

Dog Master wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:
Dog Master wrote:Really? Can you please give me a link or picture of the first one?
Bam.
Thanks. Say, there's not much differance between this one and the new one other than the detail put into the new one such as the towns and emblems of faction territories.
Speaking of the map markers, where is the legend? I know some of the markers are pretty obvious, but what exactly are the others supposed to be?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#42 Post by Schrodinger »

BadFoMo wrote:
Dog Master wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:
Bam.
Speaking of the map markers, where is the legend? I know some of the markers are pretty obvious, but what exactly are the others supposed to be?
I could always ask.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

LordViking
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Willow

#43 Post by LordViking »

I really like this new map, it seems a lot of work went into it, which is a shame because seeing how the group (both of them) is mostly traveling in the South it means the Nordic places most likely won't be visited, unless something happens that forces them to make a very long way around before they can settle down.
Dog Master wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:Bam.
Aside the details and such it seems the biggest change between the maps is that Tom got rid of the land below the Basitin Isles, though looking at the old map made me notice something.
If you look at the top and bottom it seems as if they can be folded to each other with just a small strip of land missing between. If that is true it would mean that on the maps the North and South of the TwoKinds world relate to each other like the East and West on maps in our world, as in, you can fold your map to make it a continues loop.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#44 Post by Ace5762 »

Does anyone else think the twokinds world would make for a kickass rpg?
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Waka The Fox
Master

#45 Post by Waka The Fox »

Ace5762 wrote:Does anyone else think the twokinds world would make for a kickass rpg?
yep i do, would be fun indeed.
Waka The Fox at your service, By fire and blade will my foes die, Face me and to Sovngarde you shall go.