Comic for November 30, 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for November 30, 2011

#16 Post by AmigaDragon »

Humans (and presumably keidran, etc) can go far longer without oxygen than a fire. Once the flames are out, any smoldering hotspots can be doused with water to keep them out.
xamali wrote:Also, where the hell is Keith?! Because not even a god damn fire made him come back!
and Evals, we haven't seen him either since the fire started.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#17 Post by BadFoMo »

AmigaDragon wrote:
xamali wrote:Also, where the hell is Keith?! Because not even a god damn fire made him come back!
and Evals, we haven't seen him either since the fire started.
Don't forget Madelyn. We haven’t allegedly seen her since the ending of the last chapter.

My guess is they are both in Keith's room as he asks her what she’s doing on the boat, while Evals is spying on them somehow mistakenly thinking he is going to see some action.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by Nazarov »

Sage Asuka wrote:...okay, I'm finally gonna say this. Mike is definitely on my favorite character list.
Same here. Anyway I like foxes :D

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#19 Post by avwolf »

This particularly comic, really needs language brackets. It's clear enough that the middle panels, three and five, are in Human, and the others in Keidran, but I know there's going to be some poor newbie who's totally confused by it.

It's a clever solution, that's for sure. Me, I'd go with explosions, but I suppose the interior of a ship and an oil rig are going to react differently to an explosion big enough to blow the fire out. :P I like seeing Trace and Natani actually interact here. Plus, it's a well scripted sequence: Natani pulled off something clever, but her efforts won't be quite good enough without the help of her companions, in this case, Trace's superior knowledge and education. Well done, Tom.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#20 Post by judah4 »

Let's hope to a the success of this plan! Mike must be so confused from his lack of inderstanding the natural world

QueenCheetah
Traveler

#21 Post by QueenCheetah »

Man, I'm really hoping :mike:'s translation is correct... what if Trace was saying the fire is going to take out all the air in the room and conjuring water won't work?
My guess is Trace is going to say with Natani and order Flora and the others to go up to the deck.
All my posts are tl;dr.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#22 Post by Schrodinger »

Huh, why didn't I think of that?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by aitaituo »

Hoot wrote:I am going to step back and watch this solution go bad. There are no doubts that :natani: will work the spell. I am afraid that :natani:, :mike:, :eric:, :trace: & anyone else that is down there; will pass out, or die, from the spell going wrong.
Not much risk of that. The air only needs to go away for a few seconds to put the fire out. Even if Natani poofs all the air out of the room, they'll have plenty of time to walk somewhere else before they suffocate.

The real worry is smoke inhalation, which has probably already happened.

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#24 Post by PhycoKrusk »

As we see with any well-functioning team, the achievements of the whole are far greater than any one of the parts.

It does raise up another question about mana crystals, though. It's been established (I think) that they form in areas with high concentrations of mana. But they can also apparently be recharged, which means they are mana-conductive. But it also raises an interesting question about Keidran: If they can't channel mana the way that humans can, how is Natani recharging the crystals, exactly? Does the mana need to be forced in, or do the crystals naturally soak the mana up like a sponge in water?

Also, where in the heck is Evals? His absence here is conspicuous, especially since everyone else except for Keith is down in the hold.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#25 Post by AzeNaku »

If all the air disappears, would the ship implode? :|
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#26 Post by judah4 »

AzeNaku wrote:If all the air disappears, would the ship implode? :|
Just thinking about watching that from a distance would be cool. To bad it wouldn't be good for the people on the ship

Jetman
Master

#27 Post by Jetman »

This sounds clever, but it could easily go wrong; people need oxygen to breathe too, not just the fire.
A proud writer for the Bad Webcomics Wiki.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#28 Post by AzeNaku »

Jetman wrote:This sounds clever, but it could easily go wrong; people need oxygen to breathe too, not just the fire.
Yeah, but fire goes out immediately; people don't die from suffocation immediately.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by avwolf »

It'd be a lot riskier in a truly sealed space (like the CO2 or Halon fire suppression systems in a data center), but with the door right behind them (and from the looks of it, it opens inward), they shouldn't have any problem getting to fresh air.

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#30 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Like in WWII, the crew of the USS Yorktown after the Battle of the Coral Sea used CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) to fight fires, no Oxygen no fire. They almost saved the Yorktown at Midway with that same technique.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.