Twokinds Translations

The comic stuff here.
Message
Author
User avatar
Traveler
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 am
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#121 Post by johnny_jones » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am
If anyone, other than me, follows or is marginally interested about the Spanish translation. The host site shutdown completely on January 31st the "archive" is hosted as multiple pdfs here.
I know this is another forum but it's apparently the only backup

I am probably the only one who cares about this but It might be better just to let everyone know.
Hi there Technic! I'm the translator of the spanish version. The host for the spanish version was shut down, but the translation is still going on Tapas. I didn't mention this before because we're still not sure if this will be a permanent moving and wanted to wait until the newer site was finished, but you can check the newest comic page over there:
https://tapas.io/series/twokinds_espanol

User avatar
Master
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#122 Post by Technic[Bot] » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:05 am

johnny_jones wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am
If anyone, other than me, follows or is marginally interested about the Spanish translation. The host site shutdown completely on January 31st the "archive" is hosted as multiple pdfs here.
I know this is another forum but it's apparently the only backup

I am probably the only one who cares about this but It might be better just to let everyone know.
Hi there Technic! I'm the translator of the spanish version. The host for the spanish version was shut down, but the translation is still going on Tapas. I didn't mention this before because we're still not sure if this will be a permanent moving and wanted to wait until the newer site was finished, but you can check the newest comic page over there:
https://tapas.io/series/twokinds_espanol
Oh Hi.
I was not sure if anyone would ever mention the change here. So i just decided to let everyone interested know of the situation in progress.
In any case thank you. Hope the host situation is solved soon.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

User avatar
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
Location: Spain

Re: Twokinds Translations

#123 Post by Zander » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello.
I have a question. I have been looking at the new comics in the shop and would like to buy them. Does anyone know if they will be available in other languages?

I don't know if I'm asking in the right area but this thread is for translations... :|

User avatar
Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Lost, again.
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#124 Post by Kindamoody » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Zander wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:33 pm
Hello.
I have a question. I have been looking at the new comics in the shop and would like to buy them. Does anyone know if they will be available in other languages?
Good question. Most likely not. The translations are just fan made, with permission from Tom but actually printing them would be a very different matter. As Tom would most certainly want any printed translations controlled by himself and the translations to be professional, I would say that you could go to the chat and try to ask Tom himself. He's not always around, of course, but if you have the patience, join and hang around until he says something. Good luck. ;)

Oh, not to mention that we translators don't have access to the high-resolution versions of the comics that would be necessary for a decent quality print. :P
Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

User avatar
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
Location: Spain

Re: Twokinds Translations

#125 Post by Zander » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Kindamoody wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:05 pm
Good question. Most likely not. The translations are just fan made, with permission from Tom but actually printing them would be a very different matter. As Tom would most certainly want any printed translations controlled by himself and the translations to be professional, I would say that you could go to the chat and try to ask Tom himself. He's not always around, of course, but if you have the patience, join and hang around until he says something. Good luck. ;)
Thanks for answering. What you say is logical since when selling it you have to have it checked. It would not be bad for the community to help with translations. I will try to communicate this topic. Thank you so much!

Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Re: Twokinds Translations

#126 Post by Jashurhesodo » Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello ! I'm a french guy and I've make a french translation of Twokinds. I wanted to show it to Tom, to know what he think of it, but I can't get in touch with him.
So I wanted to ask here if there is a way to do it. I apologize for my bad english ( I don't know if I did mistakes. ).
For those who want to see the translation, it's here : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... quoapljWLv
The first pages are not really good, but it's getting better as we go along and I plan to redo them once I've translated the whole comic.

Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 am

Re: Twokinds Translations

#127 Post by curtysmi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 am

Love that there's a community of translators on here. Is the translation paid? Or is purely voluntary?

Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:16 am
Location: China

Re: Twokinds Translations

#128 Post by hankrchief » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 am

I found a Chinese translation currently ongoing on Weibo and it’s amazing!
I wonder who did it, he/she deserves more attention :heart:
Link is
https://m.weibo.cn/u/6632332253?uid=663 ... ds%26t%3D0

Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:58 am
Location: somewhere far east
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#129 Post by Boltmu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 am

hankrchief wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 am
I found a Chinese translation currently ongoing on Weibo and it’s amazing!
I wonder who did it, he/she deserves more attention :heart:
Link is
https://m.weibo.cn/u/6632332253?uid=663 ... ds%26t%3D0
Actually that's me. The full translation has been done and keep going on https://tieba.baidu.com/p/3825683704. Currently I'm trying to relocate to sina(http://blog.sina.com.cn/twokindscn) for a better view.
I planned to post the site here once the relocation is finished. Thank you for bringing it up anyway :grin:

User avatar
Master
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Lost, again.
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#130 Post by Kindamoody » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:22 am

Boltmu, sounds great. I'm looking forward to adding you to the list when you're ready. :)
Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

User avatar
Master
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 am
Location: haha, look at him go!
Contact:

Re: Twokinds Translations

#131 Post by Neptune » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Has anyone translated the comic into a conlang? I wouldn't be surprised if someone translated it into Esperanto, because Esperanto already has ~100,000 L2 speakers.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?
ImageImageImage Haha, it's a tiny dance party! Look at them go! Woohoo!

Post Reply