Toms Ustream Channel (LiveStream as well)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Toms Ustream Channel (LiveStream as well)

#1 Post by SirSlaughter »

Ok i thought it would be a good idea to post Toms Ustream channel here in case anybody wanted to watch him while he works. It's fun and the chat is always full of hilarity so I would recommend joining in.

But Remember he doesn't have a time schedule for this so i guess you should either keep it open in a tab or just bookmark it just in case. But yeah depending on how he's feeling the stream may take between a few hours to 15 hours long, so if you join and plan on staying there the whole time just be ready to camp out at your computer screens all day...or night depending on which time zone you're in.

But here's the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/twokinds
I hope to see you guys in the chat.

Edit: I don't know of he has a schedule but he seems to start on the day before the next comic is supposed to be put up.
-SirSlaughter

UPDATE March 4th 2013:
-Tom has announced no more Ustream until further notice due to people UPLOADING THE COMIC BEFORE HE COULD EVEN UPLOAD IT ON THE MAIN PAGE.
This means that the Stream will no longer be live. When the stream is live again I will update this post and put the link back in.

UPDATE March 4th 2013 @2:39 PM Eastern US
- Ok from what I understand Tom WILL still be doing streams but you guys need to cool it with the MUST HAVE FIRST COMIC POST thing. But I will now be putting the link back in.

UPDATE December 11th, 2013
-Tom has it stated on his Ustream standby screen that comic streams are typically Tuesday/Wednsday and Saturday/Sunday. Sketch streams are TBA. stay tuned into his Ustream to keep up to date with anything he does.

UPDATE: March 9 2014: It seems that Tom has moved to Livestream for the foreseeable future. This means I will now update this post with his Livestream account:

http://www.livestream.com/twokinds

EDIT 1/28/2017
-Adding Toms Picario channel here as well:

https://picarto.tv/Twokinds

Edit 7/9/2017
-Adding Toms Patreon for those who wish to support him

https://www.patreon.com/twokinds

Edit 5/6/2018
-Adding Twokinds stream Youtube channel for the videos that inevitably get taken down from Picarto and such so you can watch old streams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqz85z ... XmSV-WSSBg

Riokan
Master

Re: Toms Ustream Channel

#2 Post by Riokan »

good idea Slaughter that should keep the questions where and when the stream is at bay. ^^
The journey is the goal:
Life is the journey and living it is the goal, so live your life at its fullest so your journey is one you will remember it as worthy for yourself.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#3 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

By the way guys, does anyone know how much broadband it takes to watch him live? Would it take more than to say, watch a youtube vid? just curious.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:By the way guys, does anyone know how much broadband it takes to watch him live? Would it take more than to say, watch a youtube vid? just curious.
I have no idea. I imagine a bit because it's live and it's video, not too mention the audio as well. So i have no idea.

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by The Grim Reader »

SirSlaughter wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:By the way guys, does anyone know how much broadband it takes to watch him live? Would it take more than to say, watch a youtube vid? just curious.
I have no idea. I imagine a bit because it's live and it's video, not too mention the audio as well. So i have no idea.
Okay, Tom is drawing....unless he is giving like a how to or something....wow he would make a ton of money selling instruction videos on how to draw your favorite two kinds character......needless to say, unless he talks while he is drawing, what is there to hear other than his mouse or pencil to paper?
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by SirSlaughter »

The Grim Reader wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:
Okay, Tom is drawing....unless he is giving like a how to or something....wow he would make a ton of money selling instruction videos on how to draw your favorite two kinds character......needless to say, unless he talks while he is drawing, what is there to hear other than his mouse or pencil to paper?
Tom talks to us during the stream. We have question time with Tom! lol but yeah, he talks to us while he works and answers questions as well.

Riokan
Master

#7 Post by Riokan »

Tom is on!!!!!

he's doing sky-practice
The journey is the goal:
Life is the journey and living it is the goal, so live your life at its fullest so your journey is one you will remember it as worthy for yourself.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Riokan wrote:Tom is on!!!!!

he's doing sky-practice
Aaaaaaand, of course I miss it! Darn you Mass Effect 2! DARN YOU!!!

BUT, I see he's uploaded a recording of when he drew the last comic! Watching parts of that now. To be honest, I'm kind of surprised; that's the first time I've ever heard Tom's voice, and it's nowhere near what I'd imagined it would be like! XD Seriously Tom, you're deep "manly man" voice kinda surprised me. Guess that's what happens when you get a set voice stuck in your head when you only read a person's words online... ^_^;

Anyway, time to go back to watching the recorded stream. Hoping that watching the master can help me improve my own work. I've already discovered one thing watching the beginning; I'm probably going to need a better tablet down the road, one that doesn't glitch if I try to make several small strokes in succession.

Keep on streaming Tom, if you're able! Love the fact you're taking the time to interact with your fans more. Hopefully one of these days I'll be around a computer while you're streaming, and I can observe your work live. :grin:
Image Image

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Aaaaaaand, of course I miss it!]
me too (;_;) (;_;) damn you time zones.....

Moviedude18.0 wrote:

BUT, I see he's uploaded a recording of when he drew the last comic! Watching parts of that now. To be honest, I'm kind of surprised; that's the first time I've ever heard Tom's voice, and it's nowhere near what I'd imagined it would be like! XD Seriously Tom, you're deep "manly man" voice kinda surprised me. Guess that's what happens when you get a set voice stuck in your head when you only read a person's words online... ^_^;
RIGHT?? I guess how he portrayed himself in the comic kinda made me think more....high pitched, but it's all suave instead!
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

bluespart
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by bluespart »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:

he's doing sky-practice
Aaaaaaand, of course I miss it! Darn you Mass Effect 2! DARN YOU!!!

Anyway, time to go back to watching the recorded stream. Hoping that watching the master can help me improve my own work. I've already discovered one thing watching the beginning; I'm probably going to need a better tablet down the road, one that doesn't glitch if I try to make several small strokes in succession.

Keep on streaming Tom, if you're able! Love the fact you're taking the time to interact with your fans more. Hopefully one of these days I'll be around a computer while you're streaming, and I can observe your work live. :grin:
1- You haven't heard the awesomeness of Tom's voice if you haven't heard him do the Star Trek opening monologue with reverb.
2- Where is the recording!

Delta
Citizen

#11 Post by Delta »

I managed to catch a good glimps of his u stream live as he drew the most amazing landscape of clouds i had ever seen! During that he had been using photoshop but his other archived videos show his earlier progress on the comic with other programs. And just like you guys his voice was a bit surprising, not the depth, but the clarity. On a personal level it feels good to be in the presence of someone with so much talent, especially when that someone is willing to openly share his talent with their fans and community. Thank You Tom. Its too bad i cant stick around as long as some of you guys so i can have question time with tom. Oh well. And as far a his u stream schedule, i would follow Sir Slaughter's advice and just keep the link to the stream in you favorites and open it at each start, i guess i just got lucky.

"teeth" did you find a way to change your name, or did you make a new account and rethink things? (giggle)

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Just as an official announcement, I propose that Tom's presence on USTREAM be documented and announced here. That way, people can (hopefully) catch him at work from time to time.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#13 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

2plus2makes5 wrote:Just as an official announcement, I propose that Tom's presence on USTREAM be documented and announced here. That way, people can (hopefully) catch him at work from time to time.
Makes sense, That way I won't have to guess
ImageImage

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by SirSlaughter »

I say this should be stickied. Tom said that he liked doing it because it motivates him to get the comics done on time and not procrastinate and such. SO i say a sticky would be a good idea. And next time I get on the ustream I'll see if he can record some more so he can have a little archive of videos to share. And this is a great way for up and coming tablet or photoshop users to learn some good techniques.

furon117
Templar Master

#15 Post by furon117 »

Toms on right now, broadcast started 23 minutes ago
"Its not overkill unless you can't do it bigger, better, and with more uneeded explosions"
http://mr-elditch-uncanny.tumblr.com/ <Methinks you should visit my tumblr