Comic for March 3rd, 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

mage_destroyer
Traveler

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2010

#61 Post by mage_destroyer »

finally gave 100% confirmation to Flora's pregnancy now i can't wait to see Trace's reaction when she tells him especially considering the look he had when she mentioned marriage before :mrgreen:
The darkness will only give power to those who accept it into their bodies as i have......

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#62 Post by avwolf »

AzeNaku wrote:
avwolf wrote:Fuzzy, I don't think we've ever had a confirmation that Keidran have litters, and considering that they only have two breasts, my odds-makers put the best money on them only having one to two children on average, just like humans. Otherwise a mother would have difficulty feeding her babies.
Just wanting to throw this out there again: http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 66#p328566
If you're referencing the "kittens" line, I'd run with "it's a common colloquialism to use the plural for children, i.e. 'So, when are you guys going to have kids?' rather than 'When are you going to have a kid?' even though the majority of pregnancies produce only a single child."
rastamanvibration wrote: Is it me or does Flora look "Fluffy"?It's like her hair and fur grew will she was out.I mean look at her ears and shoulders!Or could it be winter fur-coat(<==Not sure on spelling)?
Yeah, I think you're right -- Flora's winter coat is beginning to grow in. We've already seen that Natani is getting a lot floofier, it seems to be that time for Flora too.
Scytalle wrote:It probably isn't common knowledge that Flora is with Trace, and I would think that it is highly unlikely that the doctor would assume a Keidran to be with a Human (especially with a baby involved), thus I think it is most likely that the doctor thinks Flora is a slave to whoever the human is.
It's hard to say. Trace was a big deal -- the Grand Templar, or former Grand Templar, and the goal for the first exile to return in a long time. He then, quite publicly, claimed Flora as his mate and extended his diplomatic privileges to her. It's actually easily within the realm of possibility that the doctor knows that Trace and Flora are a couple, but obviously can't identify the Human as Trace. What with the legally mandated blindfolds and all.

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#63 Post by Silver Seren »

It was a long time in being canonically confirmed, but there we are. Now, we'll have to see if there's the denials and the "i'm just fat" scenarios. But it's much harder to argue such a thing with a doctor...especially when she could probably just check. And since Flora has never really considered the possibility of a child, she might realize that it would explain a lot...and also be very confusing on where it came from, depending on if she knows about the "impossibility" of having hybrids.

I find it amusing that all of you are arguing about the number of children and whether it should be multiple children or not, because the doctor said "one". Since when have any of you known the number of offspring that a hybridization between humans and Keidrans gives? It's just as likely one as many and if the doctor said one, then, for now, it's only one. I don't see why there's any argument at all.

Second, if Trace (and Adelaide, I suppose) have "vanished" into smoke or whatever, through means of teleportation or some magic like that. Does it not then give a higher chance that Laura is still alive through the same means? I'm just saying, one creates the other. I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Also, I find it interesting that all of them wake up at the same time from it, as Natani's doctor said "One of you finally woke up!". So, Natani was the first to wake up, then apparently Flora shortly afterwards. I guess magic made them stay unconscious for a specific period of time or something to that effect. It's kind of interesting.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#64 Post by Schrodinger »

Cupil wrote:Considering the damage he's caused, I'm willing to bet that Trace's being chained up somewhere else--Wounds treated of course but, yeah, if I was the Basitin I wouldn't take any chances. Although he could still be in the room, could go either way.
I'm inclined to agree with you there, Trace attacked Adelaide and I doubt such an act wouldn't result in some sort of punitive action.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

leoian
Banned
Banned

#65 Post by leoian »

Schrodinger wrote:
Cupil wrote:Considering the damage he's caused, I'm willing to bet that Trace's being chained up somewhere else--Wounds treated of course but, yeah, if I was the Basitin I wouldn't take any chances. Although he could still be in the room, could go either way.
I'm inclined to agree with you there, Trace attacked Adelaide and I doubt such an act wouldn't result in some sort of punitive action.
I agree with u too but it's the trouble in the castel so maybe trace is still free
:flora:

vincent5000x
Apprentice

#66 Post by vincent5000x »

i gatta admit that like everyone, i saw this coming but it still came as a huge suprise.

onward and forward as they say. every point must be reached at some point. :mrgreen:

Tendo
Master

#67 Post by Tendo »

I was thinking..... there are two things I realized by seeing this comic:

1. While its been well known for the longest time that Flora is pregnant with Trace's child, what if nobody in the comic realized it because they thought it was impossible? In this case, Trace might come to the conclusion that Flora was cheating on him (remember, he was told before that Flora wouldn't be able to stick to one man at her current age, even Flora herself once talked about this).

2. I really hope that Flora is ok and its just for the sake of art that we aren't being down anything below her shoulders in the current comic.... For all we know she might be missing a leg or bandaged up like a mummy on the rest of her body. I mean, she WAS pretty much right next to the tower without the convenience of superpowered ubermagic like Trace had.

Zack
Templar Master

#68 Post by Zack »

Who didn't see this coming?

I love Flora's reaction, now I can't wait for the next one.

I'm concerned she says "Only one room with a human in it", thats very foreboding to think about :(
I started a Wargaming Blog, come and have a look: The Fourth Sphere

Cody MacArthur Fett
Master

#69 Post by Cody MacArthur Fett »

Ah, an interesting comic.

So Flora now knows that she has a bun in the oven. This will likely cause a great amount of shock in everyone's favorite Tiger girl as she struggles to comprehend that she has the first human/keidren hybrid in . . . well, however long since neutral edited the settings to disable interspecies breeding.

It also appears that at least one of the human members of Part A is dead. I almost wish it wasn't Eric, almost, if only so he could get a fair trial before getting slotted. Still, there's also the possibility that Trace could have gotten his shebs teleported to some place like Strana Mechty, but think that would be adding way too many plot threads at one time.

Ah yes, and the EB doctor is very beautiful. I commend Mr. Fischbach for the artwork in this strip. Though those blindfolds still bug me to no end.

Also, has anyone else noticed just how much longer Flora's hair is? I don't think it's ever been that long, which alludes to a great deal of time passing. Dear me, quite the quandary.
rastamanvibration wrote:
Fuzzy wrote: Also, the doctor says:
"There is only one room with a human in it; it must be his ..."
Slave?Maybe the doctor thinks Flora is Trace or Eric's slave?
Another theory: the East Basitins read a copious amount science fiction literature -- or Fornax -- and the female doctor's mind worked out the solution that since Trace is the one Flora is asking about that they must have conceived an interracial child, "It makes perfect sense since we know nothing about genetics!"

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#70 Post by avwolf »

Silver Seren wrote:I find it amusing that all of you are arguing about the number of children and whether it should be multiple children or not, because the doctor said "one". Since when have any of you known the number of offspring that a hybridization between humans and Keidrans gives? It's just as likely one as many and if the doctor said one, then, for now, it's only one. I don't see why there's any argument at all.
It's simply a very long standing argument. That we've got something that's a strong suggestion one way or another now is going to adjust the way the predictions go significantly. And you'll have a lot of people argue even about the accuracy of the doctor's statements. I mean, sure they have those huge ears that aren't just for show, and sure the doctor probably did a thorough physical examination, but without ultrasound, it can be darn hard to tell if there's just one or if there's twins sometimes.

Black_Elite1
Traveler

#71 Post by Black_Elite1 »

*Walks in, straightens jacket, and proceeds to sit down, adjusting a molecule as I settle in to look throughout my collection of websites on the interwebs, taking a dainty sip of tea, pinky raised, as I click on the TwoKinds tab, an-ASDFGHJKLEDGhlkjgh;adhah;lejt.*
Heh, don't be mad at Sage, he's just slow, I mean come on, he's named after the slowest Job in the DS FFIII, even Slugs go faster than Sages.

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#72 Post by Ster Zetanee »

After almost a year, it is finally said that she is pregnant. Nice job on the comic Tom.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#73 Post by Holy_458 »

avwolf wrote:I mean, sure they have those huge ears that aren't just for show, and sure the doctor probably did a thorough physical examination, but without ultrasound, it can be darn hard to tell if there's just one or if there's twins sometimes.
Hmm...twins...now that would be interesting.

As for Flora having a litter of kittens, I don't know, it's possible, but I don't see it. I mean sure, Tigers usually have a slew of children with each birthing, but most tigers don't walk on their hind legs and speak human either. :grin:

And I don't mean to sound pervy here but...don't breasts usually get bigger when a woman is expecting? I don't know if it's different for Keidrans then it is for humans, but still.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

RatherInconsiderateFellow
Templar Master

#74 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

So I'm betting the single human was Eric or some random acolyte rather than Trace, on the grounds that trace could just make himself a shield or something. The thing is, Nat's wounds were mostly from the lightening rather than the explosion. Flora doesn't even look all that hurt. They're only holding onto her because she's pregnant. Everyone that was about the same distance from the tower is probably also safe.

But then again, there's the possibility that Trace shielded her from the explosion.

Also; it's probably Eric just because that'd be more funny.

Furthermore; Flora looks really cute here. Mew?
Join the dark side. We have cookies. And free Wifi.

furryfanatic
Master

#75 Post by furryfanatic »

erm.... wow? honestly i didnt see THIS coming so fast! :P

nonethesless good news though!

:natani: :natani: :natani:
Natani is friggin awesome :3