Comic for March 3rd, 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cupil
Templar Master

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2010

#136 Post by Cupil »

:( Uh oh
I just got a bad idea from the page 207. There's speculation that they'll freak out over the offsprings's parentage or that Trace will be upset/furious and not believe it's his. Or all of the above, but--
But what if. . .

What if Flora doesn't want it? Not for any revulsion at a hybrid but in a "I don't think I'm ready to be a mother yet, and this shouldn't even be possible. Trace isn't going to believe it's his--omigod omigod what am I gonna do!?" kind of way :oops:

On page 207 http://twokindscomic.com/archive/?p=207 she comes off as the more reassured of the two. "I knew what I was getting into when I chose you" The page confirms that both Flora and Trace acknowledge that (at the time) their races can't produce a child. She's still in the prime of her life(I assume), and suddenly this huge bundle of responsibility's gonna land in her lap at some point in the future. A baby is usually something one plans for, or at least acknowledges as a side effect of the doing the nasty over and over. "Don't want me anymore?" line might infer that she doesn't mind the whole no children part of a human+keidran relationship. Telling Trace might be a bad idea for a multitude of reasons, whether it's reverting back or just losing his trust/love entirely. Whatever Trace's feelings she can't risk the possibility of him walking out on her and a child that has an unconfirmed lifespan.
----------

If the comic is going to shift to another character I'm hoping to see Keith again. Crossing my fingers for an awesome eye-patch considering the nasty scar he got from Alaric. OH YEAH

Escobar
Apprentice

#137 Post by Escobar »

coal wrote: not locking up Trace might be kinda dangerous.
Not to mention kinda stupid on their part.
Silver Seren wrote:I wish everyone would stop mentioning Nora.
I admit I feel the same way but it felt like she needed a mention this one time. :nora:

rastamanvibration
Master
Location: On the beach in the middle of nowhere with the white sand and blue waters.TIA(This Is Africa).10kb/s

#138 Post by rastamanvibration »

Silver Seren wrote:
avwolf wrote:
Neotyguy40 wrote:Aren't the female basatins suppose to all be pregnant?
Not all of them. A pretty respectable percentage, but far from all of them would be pregnant at this stage. I'm certain that you have to apply for licenses and have certain abilities to provide and goodness knows what other legal requirements before you're permitted to bear children. Exceptions for wartime desperation exist, I'm sure, but you wouldn't want upwards of half your military being effectively removed from combat for several months when you have a culture like the Basitins do. Having children is an honor and a duty, but it's not one that's afforded to every individual at each opportunity.
Besides the fact that there are probably enough "housewife" Basitin females around to make up most of that percentage.
Yeah.'Cause Stalker girl wasn't pregnant either.Though maybe she was searching for a mate,hence the love letter. hm? *wink!wink!*
If work is health.Then being lazy and not going to work is preserving it!

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#139 Post by supervanman64 »

Holy crap new comic! :kathrin:
And the baby has been revealed. O:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#140 Post by Silver Seren »

rastamanvibration wrote:Yeah.'Cause Stalker girl wasn't pregnant either.Though maybe she was searching for a mate,hence the love letter. hm? *wink!wink!*
Though, as Av said, military may not be allowed to have a child or it may be extremely restricted and complicated to apply for it. And Stalker girl was clearly in the military.

kryss
Master

#141 Post by kryss »

I looooooove the hair on the new Basitin Doctor! And I like that the bandages are under, not over, the bangs! Nice work, Tom!

And I enjoy the reveal, of course.

To re-iterate an old theory... now Trace will get angry and accuse Natani of doing something to Flora, since Natani's the only one who really had a chance to ...

And that's when Keith will have to stand forward and defend that it's "Impossible that it was Natani!" And come up with either "Natani's ... sterile"! or "Because. ... ... ... " *looks around at all the Basitin Court around him. Sighs sadly* "Because Natani and I are gay..."
In the name of meaningless forum discussion!

2fangs: The Magi Bros Fanfic (part 5 on 3/26/2009)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#142 Post by Insomniac »

Silver Seren wrote:I wish everyone would stop mentioning Nora. :keith: Tom doesn't use her very often because she's a Deus Ex Machina, she has the ability to do close to anything. That's why we don't really see her in any capacity beyond comedic effect.

@Tremaursen: I would make the guess that if female Basitin go into the doctor profession, then they aren't allowed to have children. At least not while they're practicing. This may even hold true for the male doctors.
Out of pure curiosity, I have at this late time come into the conversation.

Hm. I never really noticed Nora's Deus Ex Machina-ness. Learn something new about your favorite character every day, I suppose.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#143 Post by avwolf »

rastamanvibration wrote:Yeah.'Cause Stalker girl wasn't pregnant either.Though maybe she was searching for a mate,hence the love letter. hm? *wink!wink!*
I agree, that was my impression as well.
Silver Seren wrote:Though, as Av said, military may not be allowed to have a child or it may be extremely restricted and complicated to apply for it. And Stalker girl was clearly in the military.
You're forgetting that every Basitin is "military." The military is their entire society. Any Basitin that is not a part of the military is an exile. Some of them appear to not be on active duty (see the shopkeepers) and some are restricted from combat (see the doctors), but every Basitin is a part of the military. There's probably an active duty rotation that comes into play to keep their forces strong, and the Stalker is strongly implied to be unmated, so she'd certainly be in the active duty rotation, to allow for a mated Basitin to carry the duty of bearing children, as she lacks a mate and cannot.
kryss wrote:To re-iterate an old theory... now Trace will get angry and accuse Natani of doing something to Flora, since Natani's the only one who really had a chance to ...

And that's when Keith will have to stand forward and defend that it's "Impossible that it was Natani!" And come up with either "Natani's ... sterile"! or "Because. ... ... ... " *looks around at all the Basitin Court around him. Sighs sadly* "Because Natani and I are gay..."
I would so very dearly love that turn of events. But I've been an enormous supporter of Keith claiming to be Natani's gay paramour for a significant amount of time. Laura would then note that Keith's weird, evasive answer when she asked him if there was somebody else in his life could easily be interpreted as a this dirty secret. It would be delicious like candy.

Cadrien
Master

#144 Post by Cadrien »

You know, something occurs to me.

"And there is only one room with a human in it..." What about Eric? :eric:
Talaisan wrote:Clearly N106 is a terrible person. And we are all terrible people. And that doesn't stop any of this from being absolutely hilarious

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#145 Post by Silver Seren »

avwolf wrote:
kryss wrote:To re-iterate an old theory... now Trace will get angry and accuse Natani of doing something to Flora, since Natani's the only one who really had a chance to ...

I would so very dearly love that turn of events. But I've been an enormous supporter of Keith claiming to be Natani's gay paramour for a significant amount of time. Laura would then note that Keith's weird, evasive answer when she asked him if there was somebody else in his life could easily be interpreted as a this dirty secret. It would be delicious like candy.
Then we would have to see if Natani would "man up" and reveal the real secret as a method of keeping Keith from humiliation, but not before everyone else had yelled at him, of course. I would hope that she would, because her revelation really doesn't do much in terms of her status. Yes, it's shocking that she's a girl, but...that's pretty much it. But if she keeps quiet, then Keith would be the one that looks weird and I would expect it would affect everyone's opinion of him somewhat. So, if that turn of events does come about, fingers crossed that Natani does the right thing.

Of course...Laura isn't around anymore, so... :|

@Harrekki: We've been saying for quite a few pages that we think that the human is Eric.

Cadrien
Master

#146 Post by Cadrien »

Well, I only have so much time and so read the first and last page >>
Talaisan wrote:Clearly N106 is a terrible person. And we are all terrible people. And that doesn't stop any of this from being absolutely hilarious

rmb
Templar GrandMaster

#147 Post by rmb »

I say that Keith is the father of Flora's baby.
Phyco wrote: *Aria, listen
*Just grab his face and shove your tongue down his throat

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Image Image Image Image Click me please! :D

MasterTemplar
Grand Templar

#148 Post by MasterTemplar »

rmb wrote:I say that Keith is the father of Flora's baby.
Maury: "In the case of 3 month old Trace Jr....Trace..you ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!!
Trace: &%$#! *Goes over to Keith and punches him while the security breaks em up*
Flora: *Puts head down*
ImageImage

milesrose
New Citizen

#149 Post by milesrose »

To me there are 4 scenarios with Trace because the doctor said there was only one human in the other room.

1: He's dead (*Insert long NO here*)
2: He's alive and in the next room
3: He was transported somewhere else (Possibly with the King, and Laura)
4: He's in the another room with the form of a keidrian. It's a possibility. Lookit this: http://twokindscomic.com/archive/?p=280 Last panel.

*crosses fingers* I hope he's alive!
Rawr?
Miles Is currently playing: Persona 3

Taven
Citizen

Re: Comics 03/03

#150 Post by Taven »

Amazing Mr. X wrote:Two Kinds updated on my birthday? and Flora now knows she's pregnant?

This is officially the best day ever. :grin:
Guess what? Its my birthday too. Heh, good to know Flora is ACTUALLY pregnant. Can't wait to see her baby! :grin: