Comic for March 3rd, 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2010

#76 Post by Silver Seren »

Holy_458 wrote:As for Flora having a litter of kittens, I don't know, it's possible, but I don't see it. I mean sure, Tigers usually have a slew of children with each birthing, but most tigers don't walk on their hind legs and speak human either. :grin:
It's true that everyone is assuming that Keidran work exactly like their animal counterparts, which is not necessarily true at all. I don't believe it's ever been mentioned that Keidran birth multiple children at once, has it? Besides the Master Spy's one "kittens" comment, which does not have to mean one litter at all, I don't believe it's been mentioned.

@RatherInconsiderateFellow: I'm pretty sure that all of the acolytes are beyond dead. Trace killed them good.

UPKODINS

#77 Post by UPKODINS »

Maybe it's a new species like Neutral mentioned he would add?
http://twokindscomic.com/archive/?p=206

I knew this was going to happen at some time or another :P

Fuzzy
Citizen

#78 Post by Fuzzy »

Silver Seren wrote:I find it amusing that all of you are arguing about the number of children and whether it should be multiple children or not, because the doctor said "one". Since when have any of you known the number of offspring that a hybridization between humans and Keidrans gives? It's just as likely one as many and if the doctor said one, then, for now, it's only one. I don't see why there's any argument at all.
My point is that the doctor knows that there is only one child. Where does that knowledge come from, if the bun is still in the oven? Basitins have no ultrasound, and definitely no magic.

Thus my theory: Flora has already given birth while she was still in a coma.

Of course, with those danged ears, they could probably hear the different heartbeats.

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#79 Post by Silver Seren »

Fuzzy wrote:My point is that the doctor knows that there is only one child. Where does that knowledge come from, if the bun is still in the oven? Basitins have no ultrasound, and definitely no magic.

Thus my theory: Flora has already given birth while she was still in a coma.

Of course, with those danged ears, they could probably hear the different heartbeats.
Heartbeats is a definite method of telling number, depending on if Basitin hearing truly does benefit from their ear length. The second method would also be weight of the mother. If she was going to be having more than one baby, she would be far more distended in the stomach area than normal and I would assume this amount would be the same for Basitin women. If you remember, Flora was not really showing a considerable amount, so it seems right to assume that there is only one child.

It is possible she gave birth while in the coma. I mean, we don't know how long they were out yet, do we? But that just seems cheesy and really removes what could be a incredibly poignant scene. And kinda lurches the story a lot, considering that they would just end up handing Flora a baby. It's really way too drastic, in my opinion.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#80 Post by Holy_458 »

Silver Seren wrote:It is possible she gave birth while in the coma. I mean, we don't know how long they were out yet, do we? But that just seems cheesy and really removes what could be a incredibly poignant scene. And kinda lurches the story a lot, considering that they would just end up handing Flora a baby. It's really way too drastic, in my opinion.
Not to mention, from what we saw, her stomach never got too distended. If she's had the child already, then he/she would have to be one tiny little bugger.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Master

#81 Post by Cody MacArthur Fett »

Holy_458 wrote:
avwolf wrote:I mean, sure they have those huge ears that aren't just for show, and sure the doctor probably did a thorough physical examination, but without ultrasound, it can be darn hard to tell if there's just one or if there's twins sometimes.
Hmm...twins...now that would be interesting.
:flora: :The boy's name is Luke, and the girl is named Leia.

Or, alternatively . . .

Image : What will you call her?

:flora: : Shepherd.

Image (holds up another baby): And the boy?

:flora: : Rex.

-----

I'll also agree with the currently proposed theory that the EB doctor used those ears of hers to figure out that Flora only had one baby. After all, as the spectacular Spider Man once said, "Those ears could give my spider-sense a real run for its money."

Neotyguy40
Citizen

#82 Post by Neotyguy40 »

Wait... She had a baby!?

How long were they out? Months?

Fuzzy
Citizen

#83 Post by Fuzzy »

Holy_458 wrote:Not to mention, from what we saw, her stomach never got too distended. If she's had the child already, then he/she would have to be one tiny little bugger.
".. the little one ..."

Yes, that sounds about right. :mrgreen:

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#84 Post by Silver Seren »

Fuzzy wrote:
Holy_458 wrote:Not to mention, from what we saw, her stomach never got too distended. If she's had the child already, then he/she would have to be one tiny little bugger.
".. the little one ..."

Yes, that sounds about right. :mrgreen:
Little one is just a generalized term for a baby, it has no real denotion on size. Unless the baby is the size of a bug, it seems unlikely that she had it.

RedDragonKnight
New Citizen

#85 Post by RedDragonKnight »

I knew it, I knew she was knocked up ever since the tubby tiger comic. But it's good to see that now everyone knows. I hope Trace is in the room and not Eric

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#86 Post by Valbrandur »

This opens the chance for me to have a medic buddy.

YES.

Flora's baby though...

Trace will have a heart attack.

That female Basitin doctor is wonderfuuul.

:D~

Dlemon
Grand Templar

#87 Post by Dlemon »

I'm elated an disappointed at the same time. Now it's canon, and it's written in stone, but now they'll be no more silly debates on weather or not she's pregnant. D:

Wyvern088
Master

#88 Post by Wyvern088 »

wow... just... wow

however I really really hate to do this... but its possible that this 'baby' is merely Nora avoiding detction. I dont think it is, nor do i hope for it. (in fact if thats the case i will post a video of me throwing my computer down my front stepps)... Please don't lynch me

but i really am exited for this. why can't tom update more?!

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

#89 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

Dlemon wrote:I'm elated an disappointed at the same time. Now it's canon, and it's written in stone, but now they'll be no more silly debates on weather or not she's pregnant. D:
A debate.....on whether or not that Flora was pregnant?? :| Who serious thought she wasn't?
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

Tremaursen
Merchant

#90 Post by Tremaursen »

Oh all days for me to arive home latevfrom school, it has to be today :/

Anyway, I saw they name the baby Crosby. :D
ImageEH?
_

If everything seems to be going well, then you obviously don't know what the hell is going on.~Murphy's Law

PSN: Tremaursen, Add me?