Comic for March 3rd, 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cupil
Templar Master

Re: Comic for March 3rd, 2010

#46 Post by Cupil »

The "must be his" is probably referring to the room, not the baby.

Nurse lady is pretty, she's got nice hair. Flora seems fine here but her urgency and the Basitin's knowledge of her pregnancy suggests that she has just recently woke up. So the minor characters(Kat and Eric) she was near could have been knocked out too. Considering the damage he's caused, I'm willing to bet that Trace's being chained up somewhere else--Wounds treated of course but, yeah, if I was the Basitin I wouldn't take any chances. Although he could still be in the room, could go either way.

I wonder how Flora will react? I wonder if she knows about the 'biologically impossible' thing. If so will she be inclined to keep it a secret? Wait till it's born and hope that it has enough of its father's traits to convince him its his kin. Or will she try to ensure Trace that it's his child right away (which would be true) and hope to the heavens that someone doesn't swoop in and say "Keidran+Human babies are impossible". I don't remember any other time 'hybrids=impossible' has been brought up in the story. But it could be one of those things that walks on a tightrope considering her mate's laser guided amnesia.

darktimes
Grand Templar

#47 Post by darktimes »

does anybody notice how Tom doesn't show her belly?

I beg she's round like a bowling ball.
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Vukodlak

#48 Post by Vukodlak »

Everyone realizes of course that next week were going to move on to another character next week and we won't know of its Trace or Eric in the next room for a while.

leoian
Banned
Banned

#49 Post by leoian »

Cupil wrote:The "must be his" is probably referring to the room, not the baby.

I wonder how Flora will react? I wonder if she knows about the 'biologically impossible' thing. If so will she be inclined to keep it a secret? Wait till it's born and hope that it has enough of its father's traits to convince him its his kin. Or will she try to ensure Trace that it's his child right away (which would be true) and hope to the heavens that someone doesn't swoop in and say "Keidran+Human babies are impossible". I don't remember any other time 'hybrids=impossible' has been brought up in the story. But it could be one of those things that walks on a tightrope considering her mate's laser guided amnesia.
Kathrin said Flora's is a tubby tiger but the basitin doc use her ears so maybe she can here the little mouvement of the baybe or Flora can had a special smell because she's pregnant
:flora:

Ravenholm
Apprentice
Location: Well Im really not at liberty to say, In the meantime This is where I get off

#50 Post by Ravenholm »

PLOTTWIST THEORY:

The templars got trace!

what? why should flora not have an chance to kick [censored]?

Keith could go with her as a redemption tour and the rest follows just for the heck of it!

FLORA'S RAMPAGING RIDE OF DISTRUCTION.

because we know that:

(understatement) Pregant women can be grumpy (/understatement)

"Click the eggs and hatchlings ye scallywag!"
ImageImage

leoian
Banned
Banned

#51 Post by leoian »

does anybody notice how Tom doesn't show her belly?

I beg she's round like a bowling ball.
Impossible the last time Flora was just a lil tubby
:flora:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#52 Post by avwolf »

Fuzzy, I don't think we've ever had a confirmation that Keidran have litters, and considering that they only have two breasts, my odds-makers put the best money on them only having one to two children on average, just like humans. Otherwise a mother would have difficulty feeding her babies.
Cupil wrote:I wonder how Flora will react? I wonder if she knows about the 'biologically impossible' thing. If so will she be inclined to keep it a secret? Wait till it's born and hope that it has enough of its father's traits to convince him its his kin. Or will she try to ensure Trace that it's his child right away (which would be true) and hope to the heavens that someone doesn't swoop in and say "Keidran+Human babies are impossible". I don't remember any other time 'hybrids=impossible' has been brought up in the story. But it could be one of those things that walks on a tightrope considering her mate's laser guided amnesia.
It's only been brought up the one time, to my knowledge, and it seems to not be terribly common knowledge among Keidran, but Flora was largely raised among Humans. She might indeed know that it's not supposed to be possible. Then we'll have her in a confused panic because she's certain she's only been with Trace...unless that dastardly Keith or Natani's taken advantage of her at some time that she can't recall. Expect an insistence that she can't possibly have a baby. With Trace... who knows what he remembers?

Quite the big reveal this time around. Not only confirmation that Flora's going to have a baby, but also the suggestion that one of the Humans didn't make it. It would seem, to paraphrase Bizarro Murphy, that Trace was vaporized into...vapor. Of course, that's only slightly more likely (from a plot analysis perspective) than Keith dying, and if we trust the panels long long ago, where this was all a story told by an older Trace, it's impossible for him to be dead. So perhaps he's just missing. Teleported, taken...or he'll re-materialize over the course of the next week, Dr. Manhattan-style. "Also, miss, avoid the east wing hallway. There have been reports of a circulatory system appearing there, wandering around for several minutes, and disappearing."

As an aside, it's damn good to see some of you folks back around. Especially Rekats and Cupil, I've been missing you guys.

rastamanvibration
Master
Location: On the beach in the middle of nowhere with the white sand and blue waters.TIA(This Is Africa).10kb/s

#53 Post by rastamanvibration »

Yes!New comic!

And it looks like the secret is out!

Is it me or does Flora look "Fluffy"?It's like her hair and fur grew will she was out.I mean look at her ears and shoulders!Or could it be winter fur-coat(<==Not sure on spelling)?

And I say it's Eric in that room.I'm not saying that Trace is dead,but given his powers and all that mana bursting in the air when the tower exploded,who knows what kind of magical reactions could have happened?
Fuzzy wrote: Also, the doctor says:
"There is only one room with a human in it; it must be his ..."
Slave?Maybe the doctor thinks Flora is Trace or Eric's slave?
If work is health.Then being lazy and not going to work is preserving it!

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#54 Post by Sebbie »

About time. Now it's finally canon. Also, IN YOUR FACE, PHYCO!

Hmm, so only one human's in the hospital? That's...not really all that good, is it? I would imagine it's actually Eric, and Trace went "missing" with Adelaide. Anyway, I quite like how Tom now drew the doctor's blindfold underneath the bangs, as opposed to over them; it's much more natural-looking that way.
avwolf wrote:Teleported, taken...or he'll re-materialize over the course of the next week, Dr. Manhattan-style. "Also, miss, avoid the east wing hallway. There have been reports of a circulatory system appearing there, wandering around for several minutes, and disappearing."
Ha, that would be AWESOME :grin:
Sable Dove wrote:"Oh wow! When the baby due!"
"... I'm not pregnant. :<"
"Oh... You're just a tubby tiger! :3"
"RAEG!"

More or less like that...
Fixed!
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizard2.0
Grand Templar

#55 Post by Wizard2.0 »

leoian wrote:
Sage Asuka wrote:I demand a Basitin Doctor banner be made! XD
Me too
same here^^
Image Image
when you know you failed
twisted lovestory: when they find love

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#56 Post by Scytalle »

AMG the secret's out! I agree with you all that it most likely will be Eric's room she ends up going to, with Trace MIA for a bit. It probably isn't common knowledge that Flora is with Trace, and I would think that it is highly unlikely that the doctor would assume a Keidran to be with a Human (especially with a baby involved), thus I think it is most likely that the doctor thinks Flora is a slave to whoever the human is.

Also female doctor is quite cute :P

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#57 Post by PhycoKrusk »

leoian wrote:Kathrin said Flora's is a tubby tiger but the basitin doc use her ears so maybe she can here the little mouvement of the baybe or Flora can had a special smell because she's pregnant
Or since it's been some numbers of months, the doctor was able to tell by feel (Hey, this is a pregnant tummy,) or maybe even feel movement.

Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to bust this out:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by AzeNaku »

avwolf wrote:Fuzzy, I don't think we've ever had a confirmation that Keidran have litters, and considering that they only have two breasts, my odds-makers put the best money on them only having one to two children on average, just like humans. Otherwise a mother would have difficulty feeding her babies.
Just wanting to throw this out there again: http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 66#p328566
(EDIT: BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING, NO CATGIRLS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS SINCE I DIDN'T USE PHYSICS!!!)

And speaking of crazy theories, Trace is dead and the baby is his reincarnation. You heard it hear first.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

AkumaWolf
Apprentice

#59 Post by AkumaWolf »

Okay everybody... say it with me now... a one and-a two and-a three...

DAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~

Congrats Trace! You're a daddy now!
*hands him a cigar and pats him on the back*
Kodak moment anyone?

Finally, the secrets out... and yes, Flora's hair looks amazing (and looks super cute in the second last panel)

Also, there are couple of things I've discovered about Basitin doctors....
*peers around the room* :|

First, they seem to know a thing or two about pregnancy, not just setting broken bones (could also be female intuition) :|
Secondly, if you become a Basitin doctor, you are, by Basitin law........ allowed to dye your hair to a different color than your fur and...
Lastly.... female Basitin doctors are smokin' hot! :mrgreen:
FeyWinds by Nicole Chartrand(C)

I was going to coin the term 'procrastination'... but never got around to it... :(

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by Scytalle »

AzeNaku wrote:
avwolf wrote:Fuzzy, I don't think we've ever had a confirmation that Keidran have litters, and considering that they only have two breasts, my odds-makers put the best money on them only having one to two children on average, just like humans. Otherwise a mother would have difficulty feeding her babies.
Just wanting to throw this out there again: http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 66#p328566

And speaking of crazy theories, Trace is dead and the baby is his reincarnation. You heard it hear first.
then, unless they were knocked out a realllly long time. I don't think we will be seeing much of Trace. (besides, who the hell wants to wait 10 years for him to become a functional character again?)