Comic for Febuary 2, 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Comic for Febuary 2, 2010

#1 Post by Schrodinger »

Is the doctor blind?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for Febuary 2, 2010

#2 Post by Verilidaine »

Damn it, Schro! :-P

It's like the blindfolded soldier... Tom said it was purposeful, but so far as I know, he's never explained how they do it. Maybe we'll learn now?

I definitely love how just her feet are covered. XD

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#3 Post by JediGuy »

DAMN, Schro. You and your insider infomation.

I laughed hard at the blind-folded (or, potentially, injured?) Basitin. Also, feet censorship for win. Though, now I'm wonering how the others fare, judging from the doctor's report on them....

EDIT: Theory. Perhaps the doctor-Basitin was blinded by looking at the blast, not unlike Japanese soldiers in World War II who looked at the Atomic Bombs when they were dropped.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Valbrandur »

Man, never have I managed to get fourth post.

A blind doctor, nice.

Still, he seems to know she's a Miss (quite the groper?) so I wonder what she'll do.

That doctor looks awesome though.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#5 Post by Sage Asuka »

HAH! See?! Who called it?! Her feet are covered! *brick'd*

Edit: lovin' the design of the doctor...although the message does not bode well...
Image Image Image Image

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#6 Post by PhycoKrusk »

JediGuy wrote:EDIT: Theory. Perhaps the doctor-Basitin was blinded by looking at the blast, not unlike Japanese soldiers in World War II who looked at the Atomic Bombs when they were dropped.
Natani was also looking at it, and he seems to still have his eyesight.
Sage Asuka wrote:HAH! See?! Who called it?! Her feet are covered!
Props, girl.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Verilidaine wrote:Damn it, Schro! :-P

It's like the blindfolded soldier... Tom said it was purposeful, but so far as I know, he's never explained how they do it. Maybe we'll learn now?
I don't see the purpose of a doctor who can't see what he's doing, but maybe I was wrong in thinking that he was the doctor in the first place.

Verilidaine wrote:I definitely love how just her feet are covered. XD
[03:06] <Tom> I kinda started making it a running gag.
[03:06] <Tom> It sorta symbolizes how extremely introverted the Basitins are.
[03:06] <Tom> But to a comical degree.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#8 Post by FastChapter »

Eeeesh, I hope that guy wasn't the surgeon. XD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

I questioned Tom about today's comic, all the new information is in bold.

[03:26] <Schrodinger> You confirmed that that was the doctor but one question remains: Why is the doctor blindfolded!?
[03:28] <Tom> It's for anonymity.
[03:28] <Schrodinger> okay....
[03:29] <SF-Sins> He uses his Blindfight feat + a blindfold to give himself a handicap to try and make the other doctors not look so terrible in comparison
[03:29] <SF-Sins> But then people are like, "Oh [censored], he's operating blindfolded?"
[03:29] <Tom> lol
[03:29] <Tom> They don't really 'operate'...
[03:29] <SF-Sins> And they realize how badass he is in comparison to the other [censored] doctors.
[03:30] <SF-Sins> Well, then, apply bandages and mix potions.
[03:30] <Tom> The best they can do is set bones and bandage wounds. A Basitin either lives or dies after that.
[03:30] <SF-Sins> Ah
[03:30] <Schrodinger> Oh right, Basitin are tough
[03:30] <Tom> They don't even have medicine. They just have drugs.

kryss
Master

#10 Post by kryss »

Why do people keep assuming that just cause his eyes are bandaged, he can't see? The *watch soldier* was blindfolded before, remember.

But I think it would be quite fascinating if the doctor's extra-sight was a necessity for his job, so that the eyes could be blindfolded for 'the privacy of the patients' even though he can totally still see.

Plus, I'd find it fascinating if the medical field wasn't really all that necessary since they're regenerative. I mean, all Keith needed after a poison arrow through the guts and a subsequent fight ... was a few bandages and a good night's sleep or two.

I am eager to find out of my theories of internal Basitin magics are borne out!
In the name of meaningless forum discussion!

2fangs: The Magi Bros Fanfic (part 5 on 3/26/2009)

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

#11 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

He might have known from hearing Natani's voice, as she didn't have any mana crystals to be using her disguise spells.
And yes, I've already posted on the newbie board.
And that's just my walking stick...

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by avwolf »

Fascinating. This'll take a bit to digest. I'm not sure "anonymity" is the word Tom was looking for there, or there's a lot more about this society that we don't know. I suspect he wanted "confidentiality" instead. I figure he's referring to the tendency to blur out the faces of people in cop shows to protect their identity, but that doesn't seem exactly applicable to the situation, nor does it jive with what we've already seen. There's something else afoot that these blindfolds pertain to.

I have to agree, nice call, Asuka. I also appreciate Natani's indignant response at discovering the foot wrappings. Basitins have a most curious sense of decency. :P

I'm glad to see you reviving your hypotheses, kryss. I have to agree, we've seen Keith and others take a rather absurd amount of punishment and keep going, they've got some kind of natural advantage that leaves them not needing more than setting bones, applying bandages, and taking drugs.
NinjaWithAStick wrote:He might have known from hearing Natani's voice, as she didn't have any mana crystals to be using her disguise spells.
It's a nice guess, but Natani speaks only low Keidran and always uses male reflexive pronouns. There isn't a difference in Keidran vocal pitch between sexes, so the doctor would have either have had to have felt her up (she was stripped naked and bandaged across the chest and back; that would have happened) or can "see" her.

Corezy
Council Member
Location: Don't look for me and you'll never ask this question.

#13 Post by Corezy »

Awesome a comic update.

There is blood on his blindfolds and shirt but none on his face, so by my very low quality
of oberservation he may not be blind at all but instead making me very interested on why he's wearing blindfolds, uniform maybe? Wel'll just have to wait to see other doctors.

Also, good funny with the covered feet.
-I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.-

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

#14 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

avwolf wrote:
NinjaWithAStick wrote:He might have known from hearing Natani's voice, as she didn't have any mana crystals to be using her disguise spells.
It's a nice guess, but Natani speaks only low Keidran and always uses male reflexive pronouns. There isn't a difference in Keidran vocal pitch between sexes, so the doctor would have either have had to have felt her up (she was stripped naked and bandaged across the chest and back; that would have happened) or can "see" her.
Ahh, I did forget that...
Doesn't her scent still pose a possibility though?
And that's just my walking stick...

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by avwolf »

I just realized. This comic begs the question of the blindfolds, kryss. That means that the next comic will be one of three things: a cut-away to a different character or set of characters elsewhere, someone else stirring and distracting Natani and the doctor before Natani can ask the question (perhaps giving her a chance to slowly and painfully hobble behind the doctor and garotte his scrawny neck with a bandage), or Natani will ask and receive and answer as to the purpose and use of the blindfolds, hopefully getting an answer as to how functional the Basitin are with them on.
NinjaWithAStick wrote:Doesn't her scent still pose a possibility though?
It does, but we don't have enough data on the spells she uses to disguise her scent to offer more than just conjecture. We don't know how long the spells last, if they only last as long as she's concentrating (though considering her business and the necessity she feels to keep her secret, I doubt they're something that she'd permit to lapse when she sleeps), or even how long she's been out. The spells disguising her scent may or may not still be up. Also, while Keith can tell the difference between a male Keidran scent and a female Keidran scent (as could Kat, Laura, and Flora, obviously, and possibly even Eric), most Basitins might not have the experience around Keidran necessary to know the difference. *shrug*