Magic and Technology

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

Re: Magic and Technology

#376 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well I think that magic it self could generaly be considered a form of technology it self as it fits the definition of " an application of scientific knowledge for pratical purposes" spells in tk and every other fantasy setting ive seen (such as warcraft or the elder scrolls) follow a technique and formula that is as cleary defined and
quite similar to the scientific inventive and application process in this world, which is the if i do/change this then what will occur? and how can i create a practice/device
that can fill this need? formulas respectively.
by this i mean that a formula of if i channel mana in this way, then transmute it into heat and fuel energy then discharge it from my finger tips in this fashion
to launch a fire bolt formula is quite similar to the if i shape the wing this way so that the air moves faster over the top then the bottom and add forward propulsion into the mix then the lift force will carry me to the sky formula. so while the spells themselves could be considered devices or applications of technology,
the practice of studying the nature of mana could also be considered a science in itself.
as it has been mentioned before magic in tk is an easily studied and perdictable (and thus understandable) practice, which means that although there are a few differences, such as mana being able to be manipulated by will (which I hypothesize is possible because the electro-magnetetic fields produced by our nervous systems can bend and shape mana energy) i would stilll consider magic to be a very usefull technological tool.

now as far as siege weapons are concerned my idea behind a miniature canon tower actualy came from something i saw in wow (in case you were wondering) and that
I figured making an artilery spell weapon would start out with modifying what is already avalible even though a tower would be quite hard to make mobile being a good point. Anyway I figure that although making siege weapons would have the limit of not being used often I still think that their occasional use would still be enough to make inventing and building them practical. just my 2 cents.

finaly the idea i had for what the templars plans are for the towers to be used against the keidran is that the towers could be installed with a mind altering spell of some sort (someone mentioned making the templar all go feral and someone else though of some sort of control spell which are distinct possibilities)
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me