Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4126 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:18 am On one of the Lore dumps by professor Raine it was stated Basitin endurance and strength comes from magic. So it is not unlikely they are magic resistant to a degree
Um... That's basically what I just said.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4127 Post by Technic[Bot] »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:38 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:18 am On one of the Lore dumps by professor Raine it was stated Basitin endurance and strength comes from magic. So it is not unlikely they are magic resistant to a degree
Yes! I was agreeing with you
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4128 Post by Dadrobit »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:48 pm I almost forgot about Vehra until I saw this. Now I'm starting to hope that there's some way to undo the damage caused to her mind. Maybe an advanced... Oh, wait. Never mind. Keith established in the Prank Pixie Panic Minikind that Basitins are resistant to most magic, so I doubt any healing spell, even a Nora-level advanced one, would be much help.

And before anyone chastises me for referencing a story that's more likely than not to be non-canon, I'm pretty sure every one of Tom's Twokinds stories has a canon statement here and there; even it's precursor, The HalfKind, mentions some things with varying forms of canonicity to them, ranging from the two core races to a foreshadowing of their genetic compatibility. So don't you dare question my statement regarding Basitin magic-resistance!
A healing spell might not even be necessary. Recall that Lynn was damaged by proximity to the tower as well as Jade Adelaide, and both were able to naturally recover once the tower was destroyed. It's possible Verha may make some form of a recovery if she were able to leave or be taken from the Templar premises.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4129 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:04 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:38 am
Yes! I was agreeing with you
Oh. Whoops.
Dadrobit wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:02 am A healing spell might not even be necessary. Recall that Lynn was damaged by proximity to the tower as well as Jade Adelaide, and both were able to naturally recover once the tower was destroyed. It's possible Verha may make some form of a recovery if she were able to leave or be taken from the Templar premises.
Huh. Didn't think about that. Then again, I figured Vehra's mind was too severely fried for a natural recovery.

Though, I didn't know about Lynn. Care to cite that page?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4130 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:02 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:48 pm I almost forgot about Vehra until I saw this. Now I'm starting to hope that there's some way to undo the damage caused to her mind. Maybe an advanced... Oh, wait. Never mind. Keith established in the Prank Pixie Panic Minikind that Basitins are resistant to most magic, so I doubt any healing spell, even a Nora-level advanced one, would be much help.

And before anyone chastises me for referencing a story that's more likely than not to be non-canon, I'm pretty sure every one of Tom's Twokinds stories has a canon statement here and there; even it's precursor, The HalfKind, mentions some things with varying forms of canonicity to them, ranging from the two core races to a foreshadowing of their genetic compatibility. So don't you dare question my statement regarding Basitin magic-resistance!
A healing spell might not even be necessary. Recall that Lynn was damaged by proximity to the tower as well as Jade Adelaide, and both were able to naturally recover once the tower was destroyed. It's possible Verha may make some form of a recovery if she were able to leave or be taken from the Templar premises.
If i remember correctly the tower on the Basitin isles had minimal effect on Basitin around, as it was not fully operationa when the party arrivedl. It only affected Adelaide since she was a very important target and also made alabaster more deranged but he was actually using magic. Also vehra was forced to use magic for a prolonged time until her brain wave up. What I am trying to say is that adverse effects to simply be around the tower seemed minimal compared to actually drawing mana from it or being targeted by it.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4131 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well, in other news, today we get Delivery Girl Maeve, adorable as usual.

And I betcha that's exactly the reason she got such a ridiculously large tip. I also see the reference to Tom's self-insert owning his own pizza parlor and to Papa John's pizza.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4132 Post by Dadrobit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:55 pm
If i remember correctly the tower on the Basitin isles had minimal effect on Basitin around, as it was not fully operationa when the party arrivedl. It only affected Adelaide since she was a very important target and also made alabaster more deranged but he was actually using magic. Also vehra was forced to use magic for a prolonged time until her brain wave up. What I am trying to say is that adverse effects to simply be around the tower seemed minimal compared to actually drawing mana from it or being targeted by it.
IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:40 pm
Huh. Didn't think about that. Then again, I figured Vehra's mind was too severely fried for a natural recovery.

Lynn was shown to be damaged by his stilted speech pattern. Just by being around the tower, he was starting to lose his language skills as Verha had. All I'm really saying is that Basitin have shown their unreasonably good abilities to quickly recover on their own throughout the story, and by Lynn and Jade's recovery from magic deterioration, Verha may be able to make some form of a recovery herself.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4133 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:55 pm
IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Lynn was shown to be damaged by his stilted speech pattern. Just by being around the tower, he was starting to lose his language skills as Verha had. All I'm really saying is that Basitin have shown their unreasonably good abilities to quickly recover on their own throughout the story, and by Lynn and Jade's recovery from magic deterioration, Verha may be able to make some form of a recovery herself.
I have never notices his/her weird speech, in fact i had to read it a couple of times to actually realize it. I do belive she can be healed but i think it will take more than getting away from the templar and some rest
IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:40 pm Well, in other news, today we get Delivery Girl Maeve, adorable as usual.

And I betcha that's exactly the reason she got such a ridiculously large tip. I also see the reference to Tom's self-insert owning his own pizza parlor and to Papa John's pizza.
If she were a courirer, or work for a delivery app if modern AU she would become rich within a week
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#4134 Post by Tornir »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:40 pm Well, in other news, today we get Delivery Girl Maeve, adorable as usual.

I saw what she was delivering, and thought "Sneppy Tomato Pizza"

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4135 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I have this weird headcanon where the actual real timeline is the "This is a show and everyone is an actor" AU and the comic is just historical drama, funded by Tom the fast food mogul owner of "Tom Pizzas" the second most popular pizza parlor in Mekkan is then "Adiras Sneppy Pizzas" which has managed to stay independent for centuries.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#4136 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm I have this weird headcanon where the actual real timeline is the "This is a show and everyone is an actor" AU and the comic is just historical drama, funded by Tom the fast food mogul owner of "Tom Pizzas" the second most popular pizza parlor in Mekkan is then "Adiras Sneppy Pizzas" which has managed to stay independent for centuries.
Wait a minute, how old does that make Tom?
Is he secretly a dragon?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4137 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:46 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm I have this weird headcanon where the actual real timeline is the "This is a show and everyone is an actor" AU and the comic is just historical drama, funded by Tom the fast food mogul owner of "Tom Pizzas" the second most popular pizza parlor in Mekkan is then "Adiras Sneppy Pizzas" which has managed to stay independent for centuries.
Wait a minute, how old does that make Tom?
Is he secretly a dragon?
Yeah a lapse in my head canon. Let me rephrase:
Technic[Bot] wanted to wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm I have this weird headcanon where the actual real timeline is the "This is a show and everyone is an actor" AU and the comic is just historical drama, funded by Tom the fast food mogul owner of "Tom Pizzas" the second most popular pizza parlor in Mekkan is then "Sneppy Pizzas" which has managed to stay independent for decades despite Tom corporate pressure Tom and the pizzas appearences on the show are shameless product placement.
On the other hand you can consider Adiras pizza to be a very very old, older than Tom, family chain that spun off a couple of inns in the edinmire region centuries ago.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#4138 Post by AmigaDragon »

Modern Sythe - Bike. A couple things I think most keidran would keep on their bikes would be the rear fender and the chain guard. At least those with floofier tails. :wink: The luggage rack also adds a little protection.

Is Nibbly enjoying the ride itself or just being with Sythe?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4139 Post by Warrl »

Well, I see the rear fender, and the chain guard would be on the far side where our view of it is obscured by... pretty much everything...

I'm unsure whether that bike has a luggage rack, or a banana seat.

But if I had a tail that fluffy I'd want a rear fender that contains rather more of the wheel...

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#4140 Post by AmigaDragon »

Warrl wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:38 am I'm unsure whether that bike has a luggage rack, or a banana seat.
I see it as a rack, it's lower than the seat which is seen between his legs. Also, the seat's position tells me it's longer than normal (almost banana) or he's sitting almost off its back edge.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen