Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 pm
Location: Sol system, Orion spiral arm, Milky Way
Favorite Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#16 Post by MuonNeutrino »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 am Another thing that just occurred to me: Where is Kat? Is she still in Zen's room? If so, it would (almost) certainly be in character for Romulus, as a member of Clovis's organisation, to disregard the female in the room, only to pay for it by getting a firepoker (long, heavy bit of metal) to the back of the head.
That is the last place we saw her, for sure, but that *was* quite a while ago - that was lunchtime, and it's now around sunset. She did say that she was going down to the party later, but it doesn't seem like she ever showed up, so her current whereabouts are unknown - she could still be there, but she could just as easily be somewhere else by now. Right now her, Eric, and Lynn are the three people we know to be in the manor who are unaccounted for, under the probably reasonable assumption that Zen is still where we last saw him anyway. (Though for that matter Zen could well be somewhere else by now too - he's not particularly mobile for sure, but he could probably hobble around a bit if he had to, especially if Kat were helping him or something, and if he picks up on anything that's going on through the link he could well decide to get moving. Or, of course, he could be asleep instead.)

Also, completely unrelated, it amuses me that Sythe apparently decided to put on something to run out from the room when he wasn't bothering before, and then the towel seems to have gotten blown off by the impact judging by the edge of it visible off to the side in panel 3. Boy can't stay clothed even when he tries, it seems.

edit:
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am Third: aw, Clovis and Zen are on a nickname basis. How sweet. Too bad Zen’s not a major enough character to keep alive but enough of a heartthrob for both characters and fans that killing him off would still hurt but wouldn’t turn people off the comic. How do I justify this? One, Zen “left a lot of loose ends at the guild” according to Carver, one of which may have something to do with Clovis’... erm... bosom. Perhaps Clovis wants revenge. Secondly, Tom just proved that Natani can completely function sans Zen, which opens up one lovely opportunity for axing an extraneous character. I do wonder why Clovis didn’t say anything about Natani, especially since Carver said that Clovis “has special plans for her”. Plans probably meaning abuse her then kill her for fun.
You summed up what I've been musing over pretty succinctly here. There's a couple threads that seem like they could be setup for killing off Zen, and you're exactly correct that he's in the anti-sweetspot of a character that's peripheral enough to get axed but important enough for that to still be a big deal. I hope I'm wrong, but this whole arc really seems to be building up too much for *everyone* to get out alive, and while I expect that Rose finally passing on will be a part of it I also don't think that really counts given she's already dead, and Zen seems like a logical candidate for an actual still-living casualty. And yeah, Clovis wants revenge on Natani and Zen for what he sees as their part in his humiliating transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if Clovis plans to try to track down Natani personally after he gets Brutus and the others out of the dungeon, unless he thinks he can do that later and there's not time now. (And if he wants to torture Natani, there would be few ways to do so more effective than killing Zen...)
Image

User avatar
jacobc62
Grand Templar
Posts: 1344
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm
Location: Mekkan Raceway
Contact:

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#17 Post by jacobc62 »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 am
Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 amIn Dragon Masquerade Clovis let Zen and Natani know that he was able to use their mental link to keep track of them. God knows what else he could do or learn about them.

Clovis has been able to access their minds in one degree or another since the link was created. How horrible must it be to Zen and Natani, knowing that Clovis is in your head?
He could do that in TDM, but that was before Nora decided to intervene. In the final page wrapup monologue Natani says "whatever Nora did broke the link between him and us", so Natani at least thinks that's no longer a possibility. Now, we've seen that Natani is not necessarily always a reliable narrator, but in this case I'm inclined to go with it for two reasons. One, I think Nora breaking the link is both quite plausibly possible and completely in character for her, given what we know of her power and personality. And second, I think if Clovis still had the sort of access he displayed in TDM he'd have used it for much more obviously nefarious purposes by now. Natani showed that he could resist Clovis' attempts to outright puppeteer his body, but that level of access is still scary as heck. I suppose it could be possible that Nora broke the outright link he had to tap into the link itself, but that there's still some kind of residual connection there he could use to try to find them even if he can't actually get access anymore or something like that, but if so it'd still be a departure from what TDM implied.
My theory is that, assuming the item he got from Brahn was indeed something to reverse Nora's transformation, what was to stop him from having it undoing only the transformation? He could've requested it to be set up to reverse everything Nora did to Clovis that night, including reconnecting him to Zen and Natani's link. Now if that would cause his presence to be known by Zen or Natani is unclear, as Natani is currently distracted by fighting for the lives himself and the other Party-goers, and we haven't seen Zen for a while now IRL time. This means it's entirely possible that either Zen knows Clovis is there but is unable to warn Natani due to the battle, or Clovis has reconnected stealthily and has gone undetected by both Magi Brothers.
Image
Image
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

MithrilCoyote
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:45 am
Favorite Character: Natani

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#18 Post by MithrilCoyote »

regarding the duplicate thread issue... in one comic forum i frequent, the comic creator actually makes a thread (with an appropriate title, and a placeholder message) specifically for each strip prior to even posting the new comic update. then once it is up, goes in and does the image link to the strip and whatever commentary they want to include.

she updates rather more regularly than twokinds does, and i'm not sure if that specific approach would work in this case, but perhaps just having an official person who posts the thread each time might help avoid excessive duplication.

User avatar
SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#19 Post by SpottedKitty »

TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am Second: Romulus and Remus. Fantastic. :mrgreen: raised by wolves, amirite?
"Raised by humans" would complete the joke reversal.

And... maybe give them extra motive for loyalty to Clovis, if he was responsible for "rescuing" them?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

User avatar
Eclipse
Master
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#20 Post by Eclipse »

Hayate wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 am
Eclipse wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 am Okay, we (and by "we" I mean the mods) really need to do something about the way comic threads are being handled. Three of us posted comic threads within mere seconds of each other not knowing that two other people were also posting comic threads because everyone's just camping out waiting for the next page to come out and jumping on creating a thread. This is starting to get out of hand.
Bellhead wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 amMy thread was first, but whatever...
I actually reported my own thread to be closed/merged and to keep yours for that very reason but the mods went with mine for whatever reason. *shrugs*
I'm sorry if you are dissatisfied with how multiple duplicate comic threads are handled. I would advise that everyone involved with the race to post it first to refresh the comic board prior to posting to be sure they aren't posting a duplicate thread. In this case, two of them were merged and the other seems to have been deleted by the person who made it. Lets try not to get bent out of shape over something so minor, it doesn't matter who gets it first.
~Hayate
I'm not entirely sure that helps either because if it's within a few seconds of each other, both of them will see that there's nothing, post it, and both of them will show up at once. I agree with MithrilCoyote, maybe it's better if the mods post the comic threads.

Anyway, more on topic, yeah, I was just thinking it was suspicious that Clovis knows that Zen is bedridden. How would he know that? Is there a spy in the mansion? Did Brutus or Roan find out? Strange.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am Third: aw, Clovis and Zen are on a nickname basis. How sweet. Too bad Zen’s not a major enough character to keep alive but enough of a heartthrob for both characters and fans that killing him off would still hurt but wouldn’t turn people off the comic. How do I justify this? One, Zen “left a lot of loose ends at the guild” according to Carver, one of which may have something to do with Clovis’... erm... bosom. Perhaps Clovis wants revenge. Secondly, Tom just proved that Natani can completely function sans Zen, which opens up one lovely opportunity for axing an extraneous character. I do wonder why Clovis didn’t say anything about Natani, especially since Carver said that Clovis “has special plans for her”. Plans probably meaning abuse her then kill her for fun.
You summed up what I've been musing over pretty succinctly here. There's a couple threads that seem like they could be setup for killing off Zen, and you're exactly correct that he's in the anti-sweetspot of a character that's peripheral enough to get axed but important enough for that to still be a big deal. I hope I'm wrong, but this whole arc really seems to be building up too much for *everyone* to get out alive, and while I expect that Rose finally passing on will be a part of it I also don't think that really counts given she's already dead, and Zen seems like a logical candidate for an actual still-living casualty. And yeah, Clovis wants revenge on Natani and Zen for what he sees as their part in his humiliating transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if Clovis plans to try to track down Natani personally after he gets Brutus and the others out of the dungeon, unless he thinks he can do that later and there's not time now. (And if he wants to torture Natani, there would be few ways to do so more effective than killing Zen...)
Well I was thinking this might happen at first, Zen is becoming somewhat extraneous to the plot so he could get killed off. But then there's the issue of a potential ZenxKat relationship that they also seem to be setting up for. So Zen's fate is somewhat unclear right now and I feel there's signs it could go either way. Either Zen gets killed off or he starts a new relationship with Kat to find a new place in the main cast's dynamic.

I will say if Zen does get killed off, I want to see Natani end up mind-linked with Keith for shenanigans (their relationship is awkward enough as is, that would ramp it up to 11). Maybe Clovis attacks her and she needs it again and this time Keith fills in the blanks.

Yastreb
Citizen
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Character: Keith

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#21 Post by Yastreb »

Maybe Mrs. Nibbly is spying for Clovis and that is how he knows where everything is. (Actually I higly doubt that :squirrel: will turn out to be evil.)

I don't think Zen will die, because as Eclipse said he is getting paired up with Kat. If somebody really dies, I think Eric is the most likely candidate since he is kind of a third wheel to Zen&Kat (just like Laura was for Keith&Natani). Plus he would totally deserve it.

Hayate
The Hidden User
Posts: 1376
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 am

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#22 Post by Hayate »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:43 pm
Hayate wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 am
Eclipse wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 am Okay, we (and by "we" I mean the mods) really need to do something about the way comic threads are being handled. Three of us posted comic threads within mere seconds of each other not knowing that two other people were also posting comic threads because everyone's just camping out waiting for the next page to come out and jumping on creating a thread. This is starting to get out of hand.
Bellhead wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 amMy thread was first, but whatever...
I actually reported my own thread to be closed/merged and to keep yours for that very reason but the mods went with mine for whatever reason. *shrugs*
I'm sorry if you are dissatisfied with how multiple duplicate comic threads are handled. I would advise that everyone involved with the race to post it first to refresh the comic board prior to posting to be sure they aren't posting a duplicate thread. In this case, two of them were merged and the other seems to have been deleted by the person who made it. Lets try not to get bent out of shape over something so minor, it doesn't matter who gets it first.
~Hayate
I'm not entirely sure that helps either because if it's within a few seconds of each other, both of them will see that there's nothing, post it, and both of them will show up at once. I agree with MithrilCoyote, maybe it's better if the mods post the comic threads.
Unfortunately that's just how it is gonna have to be. This is how it has been for years and years, its worked well to this point. The Mod team isn't always online when a new page is put up, so that wouldn't work. If there are duplicate threads, they will be merged. Often times users who create duplicate threads will delete them on their own. I'd like to remind you all again that it is not a race and that someone will inevitably post the comic thread. I hope you understand.
~Hayate

User avatar
Rafe
Templar Master
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:00 am

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#23 Post by Rafe »

jacobc62 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:01 am
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 am
Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 amIn Dragon Masquerade Clovis let Zen and Natani know that he was able to use their mental link to keep track of them. God knows what else he could do or learn about them.

Clovis has been able to access their minds in one degree or another since the link was created. How horrible must it be to Zen and Natani, knowing that Clovis is in your head?
He could do that in TDM, but that was before Nora decided to intervene...
My theory is that, assuming the item he got from Brahn was indeed something to reverse Nora's transformation, what was to stop him from having it undoing only the transformation? He could've requested it to be set up to reverse everything Nora did to Clovis that night, including reconnecting him to Zen and Natani's link. Now if that would cause his presence to be known by Zen or Natani is unclear, as Natani is currently distracted by fighting for the lives himself and the other Party-goers, and we haven't seen Zen for a while now IRL time. This means it's entirely possible that either Zen knows Clovis is there but is unable to warn Natani due to the battle, or Clovis has reconnected stealthily and has gone undetected by both Magi Brothers.
Everything seems to point to Clovis being able to defeat, pretty specifically, Nora's magic: The Estate's security spells, his feminine appearance, and now his hold over Zen and Natani. He obviously has something against Nora. Even before Nora used her magic against him in The Dragon Masquerade, he had planned to take her stuff. There's obviously some history between Clovis and Nora that we don't know. With Nora out of the picture at the moment, it looks like Clovis isn't wasting the opportunity to get the worst of his work done with no interference.

Earlier, I was theorizing about Clovis' evil nature. After thinking about it, I've changed my mind. I don't see any good in him at all. He's a psychopath with no ability to feel anything for other beings. All his actions are connected to his aquisition of power. Greed and possesions are just the method he uses to get that power. This scene with Sythe shows that death means nothing to him; it neither excites him nor causes regret. Just 'boom!' and he's dead. Maybe. Now Zen's next - which very likely means that if Kat is tries to help him, she's dead too. Maybe he wants Zen alive for some purpose. I doubt if Clovis is the sadistic type who would torture him. I don't even think he has the soul that would care. He's apparently has no soul whatsoever.

TheMasterOfOats
Citizen
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: Canada
Favorite Character: Florence Ambrose

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#24 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am
edit:
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am Third: aw, Clovis and Zen are on a nickname basis. How sweet. Too bad Zen’s not a major enough character to keep alive but enough of a heartthrob for both characters and fans that killing him off would still hurt but wouldn’t turn people off the comic. How do I justify this? One, Zen “left a lot of loose ends at the guild” according to Carver, one of which may have something to do with Clovis’... erm... bosom. Perhaps Clovis wants revenge. Secondly, Tom just proved that Natani can completely function sans Zen, which opens up one lovely opportunity for axing an extraneous character. I do wonder why Clovis didn’t say anything about Natani, especially since Carver said that Clovis “has special plans for her”. Plans probably meaning abuse her then kill her for fun.
You summed up what I've been musing over pretty succinctly here. There's a couple threads that seem like they could be setup for killing off Zen, and you're exactly correct that he's in the anti-sweetspot of a character that's peripheral enough to get axed but important enough for that to still be a big deal. I hope I'm wrong, but this whole arc really seems to be building up too much for *everyone* to get out alive, and while I expect that Rose finally passing on will be a part of it I also don't think that really counts given she's already dead, and Zen seems like a logical candidate for an actual still-living casualty. And yeah, Clovis wants revenge on Natani and Zen for what he sees as their part in his humiliating transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if Clovis plans to try to track down Natani personally after he gets Brutus and the others out of the dungeon, unless he thinks he can do that later and there's not time now. (And if he wants to torture Natani, there would be few ways to do so more effective than killing Zen...)
Or, Clovis doesn’t know Natani can function independently from Zen. Perhaps he thinks that taking out Zen will take out Natani as well.
Image



You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

User avatar
Kyrit
Master
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#25 Post by Kyrit »

The answer to how Clovis knows any of this is pretty simple; we've seen before that Brahn is using his daughter's abilities to look into the estate. There's no doubt Brahn's been feeding all that info to Clovis.

User avatar
Technic[Bot]
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#26 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Interesting. So most of Clovis lupine entourage is named after Roman figures? Is there a Casius around, does he have an Aurelius or an Augustus named wolf back at his base?
That reminded me. When Brutus was first introduced some thought he was indeed named after Marcus Junius Brutus the assasin of Julius Cesar, and that was a hint that he would end up betraying Clovis. I think we discarded that as it was more likely he is called Brutus because he is a brute. But now we have more Roman named characters, I wonder if that is foreshadowing 🤔
Kyrit wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:22 pm The answer to how Clovis knows any of this is pretty simple; we've seen before that Brahn is using his daughter's abilities to look into the estate. There's no doubt Brahn's been feeding all that info to Clovis.
We know that Clovis is very well connected with Brahn so that is a clear possibility. Again our favorite fake guard an fake Templar, can't remember their names at the moment, were scouting the manor from a nearby tree. So what is stopping Clovis, someone with power and money, to simply post another spy to figure out the whereabouts of his men and the layout of the mansion?
Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:18 pm Earlier, I was theorizing about Clovis' evil nature. After thinking about it, I've changed my mind. I don't see any good in him at all. He's a psychopath with no ability to feel anything for other beings. All his actions are connected to his aquisition of power. Greed and possesions are just the method he uses to get that power. This scene with Sythe shows that death means nothing to him; it neither excites him nor causes regret. Just 'boom!' and he's dead. Maybe. Now Zen's next - which very likely means that if Kat is tries to help him, she's dead too. Maybe he wants Zen alive for some purpose. I doubt if Clovis is the sadistic type who would torture him. I don't even think he has the soul that would care. He's apparently has no soul whatsoever.
I do agree that Clovis is an evil person no way how you put it. But he at least cares for his men or at least Brutus. So there is something in there. At the end of the day I do think he will get some chance of redemption of sorts. Whether he takes it and amend his ways or confirms he is just a psycho and ends dead is a different story. I think that simply because of one of the comics motives he will get at least a chance of correcting his path after all Trace was an objectively worse person, but got a chance at redeeming himself, he did not look for it nor wanted to but was lucky enough that Ephemural is terrible at making plans and got this chance at fixing his life.
Yastreb wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:40 pm Maybe Mrs. Nibbly is spying for Clovis and that is how he knows where everything is. (Actually I higly doubt that :squirrel: will turn out to be evil.)

I don't think Zen will die, because as Eclipse said he is getting paired up with Kat. If somebody really dies, I think Eric is the most likely candidate since he is kind of a third wheel to Zen&Kat (just like Laura was for Keith&Natani). Plus he would totally deserve it.
I agree with you. There is still some more story to tell with Zen, not so much with Eric, he kinda just hangs out with the rest at the moment. But If it were up to me, a lesser man, I would "kill" most of the cast in this chapter. After it ends and measuring the audience response I would "revive" those whose deaths caused the most negative reaction: Turns out they never died: No, no the blast did not killed him, it just stunned him, She survived the manor collapse, They managed to space before the greenhouse exploded and he was saved by her after getting stabbed, stuff like that.
Alas i doubt Tom will resort to that, I am pretty sure that he already knows who will walk out of the Manor and who will not. And as you point out i think Zen will survive if only for the Zen|Kat ship.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

User avatar
Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: The high country of the mind.
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#27 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 pm
Yastreb wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:40 pm Maybe Mrs. Nibbly is spying for Clovis and that is how he knows where everything is. (Actually I higly doubt that :squirrel: will turn out to be evil.)

I don't think Zen will die, because as Eclipse said he is getting paired up with Kat. If somebody really dies, I think Eric is the most likely candidate since he is kind of a third wheel to Zen&Kat (just like Laura was for Keith&Natani). Plus he would totally deserve it.
I agree with you. There is still some more story to tell with Zen, not so much with Eric, he kinda just hangs out with the rest at the moment. But If it were up to me, a lesser man, I would "kill" most of the cast in this chapter. After it ends and measuring the audience response I would "revive" those whose deaths caused the most negative reaction: Turns out they never died: No, no the blast did not killed him, it just stunned him, She survived the manor collapse, They managed to space before the greenhouse exploded and he was saved by her after getting stabbed, stuff like that.
Alas i doubt Tom will resort to that, I am pretty sure that he already knows who will walk out of the Manor and who will not. And as you point out i think Zen will survive if only for the Zen|Kat ship.
As for the issue of character resurrection, I will cite everything with Laura. While it makes sense with what we know now, and how Trace and KxN evolved because of it, she was brought back twice, each time after a very emotional and very final end. Two of those deaths were before my time, but I remember that the whole community was up-in-arms that she'd been brought back after events like those. I doubt Tom would do that again, especially since his writing has improved over the years. It wouldn't go over well to have a character die so definitively then just pull a Deus Ex Machina and "Oh hey, this character that you watched die is now fine because of some technicality". Sythe got knocked back and thrown into a wall, but he's not obviously bleeding. I'll take that as Tom saying "He's out, but he's not dead yet." Combine that with Clovis saying to not check, and we've practically got a pulse monitor.

That said, Zen has had very little interaction with... well, anyone but Natani, in we-don't-know-how-long. Probably many years. From what we've seen, his social life has been people who order deaths, people he has to kill, and Natani. Living like that will most certainly create trust issues with new people, even with Nat trusting Keith. Then there's Kat x Zen, and I feel like they both need a shoulder to lean on, if for different reasons. Zen still has a lot of room to grow as a character, having pretty much relied on his "rougish charm" to cover up his actual feelings most of the time, and has yet to really embrace Natani making a new life for himself. Kat, on the other hand, is FAR from getting over Eric, and I doubt she would ever really recover without a partner of some kind. And I feel that Zen is just about the perfect person for it, since they would both -heh- Learn To Love Again; get over what they had refused to let go, and find each other instead.

On the Nibbly front, I'll stick to the general going theory. "There's something off about that squirrel". Approaching bipeds so eagerly but hiding from a dragon, even in human form... No way that's natural. Don't know what's going on, but somethin' ain't right.
Gearhead in the digital world, who will probably grow up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Citizen
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: Canada
Favorite Character: Florence Ambrose

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#28 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:22 pm The answer to how Clovis knows any of this is pretty simple; we've seen before that Brahn is using his daughter's abilities to look into the estate. There's no doubt Brahn's been feeding all that info to Clovis.
Oh my gosh you’re right.
But Rose alluded to “Brahn’s pet” in her conversation with Euchre. Perhaps she knows about Brahn’s spying?
Bellhead wrote: I agree with you. There is still some more story to tell with Zen, not so much with Eric, he kinda just hangs out with the rest at the moment.
Yeah, if Eric dies I’d be fine.
Image



You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

User avatar
Technic[Bot]
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#29 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:22 am -snip-
As for the issue of character resurrection, I will cite everything with Laura. While it makes sense with what we know now, and how Trace and KxN evolved because of it, she was brought back twice, each time after a very emotional and very final end. Two of those deaths were before my time, but I remember that the whole community was up-in-arms that she'd been brought back after events like those. I doubt Tom would do that again, especially since his writing has improved over the years. It wouldn't go over well to have a character die so definitively then just pull a Deus Ex Machina and "Oh hey, this character that you watched die is now fine because of some technicality". Sythe got knocked back and thrown into a wall, but he's not obviously bleeding. I'll take that as Tom saying "He's out, but he's not dead yet." Combine that with Clovis saying to not check, and we've practically got a pulse monitor.

-another snip-

On the Nibbly front, I'll stick to the general going theory. "There's something off about that squirrel". Approaching bipeds so eagerly but hiding from a dragon, even in human form... No way that's natural. Don't know what's going on, but somethin' ain't right.
That is why i said that is something I would do, as a quick an easy way to prune the rapidly increasing pool of important characters. As I said, Tom would likely not go that route.

I have gotten squirrels come up to me and demand food, or plainly stole it, once they realize they are faster than the average person they loose fear of humans. A colleague of mine got his expensive Cuban cigarettes stolen by a squirrel. But again there is a wide margin of options for what nibs is. As someone else put it: "From hand reared squirrel to a disguised dragon" Personally i think it would be fun if it turn out she is Nora an Traces lost son.
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 am
Kyrit wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:22 pm The answer to how Clovis knows any of this is pretty simple; we've seen before that Brahn is using his daughter's abilities to look into the estate. There's no doubt Brahn's been feeding all that info to Clovis.
Oh my gosh you’re right.
But Rose alluded to “Brahn’s pet” in her conversation with Euchre. Perhaps she knows about Brahn’s spying?
Probably Rose knows about the Trace's co-conspirators powers and abilities. Simply from hanging around Trace for so long.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

steelabjur
Templar Master
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Comic for September 12, 2020: Entering and Breaking

#30 Post by steelabjur »

Ya'll are having such a serious conversation, meanwhile I'm over here chuckling at the one twin questioning if Clovis would be going to all this trouble himself if it wasn't Brutus captured. It'll be interesting to see how Clovis reacts to pantless Brutus (given all the non-canon sketches of the pair). :P

Post Reply