Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2326 Post by Hulk10 »

It certainly would make an interesting AU.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

SomeBody
Citizen

#2327 Post by SomeBody »

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm
SomeBody wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm Whoa, this one actually made it through?
Yeah, Tom pick.
Thought so. The Picarto crowd was NOT kind to it. More than a few people called the suggester a horrible person. (Which I disagree strongly with. Tragic is an okay image topic.)

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#2328 Post by Neptune »

SomeBody wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 pm
Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm
SomeBody wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:13 pm Whoa, this one actually made it through?
Yeah, Tom pick.
Thought so. The Picarto crowd was NOT kind to it. More than a few people called the suggester a horrible person.
Jesus, the Picarto chat makes the Patreon comments look saintly, and they're horrifically toxic.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#2329 Post by IHeartMaeve »

And today, Kat is reading Maeve a Bedtime Story, with Adira just outside the door.

I know I keep saying this almost every single time a Maeve sketch pops up, but it’s just so cute!
N’aww!!!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#2330 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Schrodinger wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 am :gif:

This! This is tragedy! To come all this way, achieve the impossible and then take a stand against your corrupted government only to die by the hand of your best friend in the arms of a new love. ElvenHunter84, I applaud this suggestion! Oh and the follow-up is chuckle-worthy too.
Dont get the laughther gif. But in any case I agree this is some greek level tragedy.
TheMouse wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 pm I feel like Keith's death in Natani's arms would make for an interesting AU. Does wrecking Alaric make her a candidate for General? Bow does Basitin society take a keidran assassin gone legit as a leader.

How badass does Natani look in general's armor? Having Adelaide as a role model would likely be good for her.
Natani a general? After tearing the heartbroken Alaric limb by limb. Why not? In all his planning alaric must have considered the situation where Keith, and maybe even himself, do not survive.
In any case there was a a sketch not so long ago (mid-january) where Alaric messed up the paperwork and made Natani a general instead of Keith.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#2331 Post by Schrodinger »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:06 am

This! This is tragedy! To come all this way, achieve the impossible and then take a stand against your corrupted government only to die by the hand of your best friend in the arms of a new love. ElvenHunter84, I applaud this suggestion! Oh and the follow-up is chuckle-worthy too.
Dont get the laughther gif. But in any case I agree this is some greek level tragedy.
Simply put; I really, really enjoy tragedy. Suffering breeds character.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#2332 Post by Hulk10 »

I personally don't like tragedies. They are just too sad. But sometimes they are good. I prefer cuteness like Flora.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#2333 Post by TheMouse »

I like sins, not tragedies.

I had to, I'm not sorry.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#2334 Post by Neutral Smith »

Metal Nibbly.

A smith approves.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

NuclearBird
Master

#2335 Post by NuclearBird »

Neutral Smith wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm Image
Metal Nibbly.

A smith approves.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

#2336 Post by ClockworkPanda »

Is that... a cute mohawk? oh my gosh :squirrel:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#2337 Post by Hulk10 »

It would be interesting to see the main cast dressed in either barbarian garbs, Greek garbs and Roman garbs either soldier or civilian or in Egyptian garb.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#2338 Post by Ddraig »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:47 am
Schrodinger wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:06 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:06 am

Simply put; I really, really enjoy tragedy. Suffering breeds character.
I personally don't like tragedies. They are just too sad. But sometimes they are good. I prefer cuteness like Flora.
As a reader, I want the characters to avoid suffering and tragedy.
As hobbyist writer, hardship builds character. It adds realism and depth to a story. A story where no one faces hardship or at least difficult choices is an episode of Barney or Teletubbies. It has no draw, there are no challenges to be overcome. Hardship is necessary and can be used (from a writing standpoint) to considerably develop a character and cement the reader's sympathy and empathy for that character
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#2339 Post by Hulk10 »

That's true but not all angst and drama is necessary.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#2340 Post by Ddraig »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 pm That's true but not all angst and drama is necessary.
True, a story that consists of nothing but tragedy can be disappointing, but it can also still be good (e.g. Greek Tragedies, Romeo and Juliet). It can be over-relied upon(*cough*GoT books*cough*), but in my opinion, TK honestly has too little true hardship for the type of story it is. Alaric and Laura may have been heartbreaking deaths, but they were hardly primary characters to the story. We've grown to expect violence to be handled with kid gloves, with very little lasting repercussions. When a main character is in danger, it's 'Alright, how are they going to escape this' instead of 'I hope they escape this'.

Giving a main character the kind of death they deserve (as in something meaningful and not just tripping over a rock and breaking their neck all of a sudden) can be one of the most impactful devices a writer can use. It magnifies their importance. When you do that and get fans who say 'how DARE you kill them off' you've done it right. I recently attended a panel that had several authors including Christopher Paolini, and one of the questions was a very impassioned "You killed Brom!" posed by a YA reader.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."