Comic for June 24, 2017: Nighttime Stakeout

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Comic for June 24, 2017: Nighttime Stakeout

#1 Post by Schrodinger »

Nighttime Stakeout.

So the political shake-ups in the Templar haven't made their way down to the wannabes. Sealeen is still pining for a certain majordomo, and Landen is the consummate pragmatist. Even if he has a little bit of derpface.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

Re: Comic for June 24, 2017: Nighttime Stakeout

#2 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yep...plenty of "meh" in this one. :P
Videre videnda.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Cyon »

Still on the case huh? I was starting to wonder where they went off to...

I've got a feeling Trace is going to have a hard time balancing his family life with fighting off the templar acting on behalf of his old self. Lyn'knoll may be even further away than before, depending on if he's willing to try and fight the evil templar and regain his old position, hopefully using it for more good than last time.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#4 Post by GaySailors »

I was wondering what happened to them! So glad to see they're going to be part of the story for a while longer.

im shipping it and you cant stop me

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#5 Post by Elemental Templar »

Looking at Landen and Sealeen together, I can't help but notice how similar they look. Are they sisters or is it just artistic similarities?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#6 Post by Cosmacelf »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 pm Looking at Landen and Sealeen together, I can't help but notice how similar they look. Are they sisters or is it just artistic similarities?
They're both girls? I'm so confused.

At any rate, Landen is right, people would just join up with the seeming superior side...

So where are we on the Templar now? We know some Templar are still loyal to Trace even as Trace has had a 180 degree turn in his personality. On Trace's side there is Seer Brahn, Euchre, Master Spy. Master Architect is not on his side based on what he tried to do on the Basitan island, but who is he allied with? Who is the Grand Templar now anyways?

Nova
New Citizen

#7 Post by Nova »

Seer Brahn on Trace's side? Why do you think so?

I did take a look at every page marked "Landen" by the search engine from amenon. I was not able to find any definite hint on Landen being male or female. The twokinds wiki says male, but no idea where they have their information from.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#8 Post by Hayate »

Hehe, I'm glad these two are still around xD I like that the SeaLynn ship is still alive too! This page really gives some useful insight to what has been going on with the Templar and what information people actually have. I wonder how many Templar would still be loyal to Trace if he just tried to like take over again... I also wonder how long its gonna take Reni to find these two lurking about haha
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

GyroFox
Apprentice

#9 Post by GyroFox »

"...Whoever won." followed by epic comic-emotions!

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

SomeBody
Citizen

#10 Post by SomeBody »

There was a lot of argument about whether either of these two were male or female. I don't think it's actually been made canon one way or the other though.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#11 Post by Cosmacelf »

Nova wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 am Seer Brahn on Trace's side? Why do you think so?
Well, in this comic, Brahn says that the point of the Templar masquerade was to bring the Tigers onto their side AND to get Trace involved in the war. Presumably the Templar want/need Trace's help in fighting against the wolves. But thinking about it again, that may not mean much. And I guess the current comic implies that Seer Brahn is the current Grand Templar? I'm so confused ... again.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/946/

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

Cyon wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:56 pmI've got a feeling Trace is going to have a hard time balancing his family life with fighting off the templar acting on behalf of his old self. Lyn'knoll may be even further away than before, depending on if he's willing to try and fight the evil templar and regain his old position, hopefully using it for more good than last time.
Is it weird if I can picture that as a choice in a videogame?

The Greater Good.
Retake your position as Grand Templar and undo the genocide you have started.
-With the exception of Flora, all members of both Group A and B lose their ‘Essential’ tag and can now be killed.
-All public Basitin, Human, and Keidran only areas are now open to all species.
-Access to Lyn’Knoll is no longer able to be unlocked.

Happily Ever After.
Make your way to Lyn’Knoll.
-All members of both Group A and B stay ‘Essential’, but cannot travel outside of Lyn’Knoll.
-Access to Lyn’Knoll is unlocked.

I know it's not exactly related to the topic at hand, but which would you choose (and maybe tell why)?

GaySailors wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:20 pmim shipping it and you cant stop me
What exactly are you shipping? If it's Sealeen X Lynn, I'm in.

Anyway, insert my usual request for the original version if the page was updated before I got here, here.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#13 Post by GaySailors »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:52 pm
Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 pm Looking at Landen and Sealeen together, I can't help but notice how similar they look. Are they sisters or is it just artistic similarities?
They're both girls? I'm so confused.

At any rate, Landen is right, people would just join up with the seeming superior side...

So where are we on the Templar now? We know some Templar are still loyal to Trace even as Trace has had a 180 degree turn in his personality. On Trace's side there is Seer Brahn, Euchre, Master Spy. Master Architect is not on his side based on what he tried to do on the Basitan island, but who is he allied with? Who is the Grand Templar now anyways?
Well for starters, the Master Architect doesn't matter. It's hard to pick a side when you're dead. The Master Spy, Edmund Sirus, ... I don't know about. He's helped Trace, but hes done it so strangely that it wouldn't shock me if he wanted Trace for his own personal gains. Lets not forget he's the same dude who murdered the Arms General easily, albeit doing so to help Natani and Flora. Euchre knows Sirus and has helped the group before, so hes clearly helping. Brahn is the real bad guy here trying to take over. Theres supposed to be a Mage too but I have no idea who they even are.

Also, yeah, I was talking about Lynn and Sealeen.

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

The one difference seems to be Sealeen's much larger iris's / pupils. Could be Tom is trying to give her a more wistful look, given her thoughts about Lynn.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it looks like Landen is wearing one of those pine car air fresheners around her neck.

I guess that's what they did before there were cars.

And also also, it seems a little strange that they're stealthily watching the house at night, but they have this bright lantern hanging right next to them. What's with that?

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#15 Post by NiWo21k »

Really happy that these two werent just two throwaway characters for just one chapter :)
Also love Landens personality - just speak what you need to and let the mug tell the rest :D
And Sealeen i wouldnt worry, i have the feeling you wil have to deal with them again in some way....

But i have to say: I like the mood of the last couple of pages, nothing to fancy, but a lot of calm backgrounds with details - i especially love on this page the latern and the night sky.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin